how to make small improvements to make a more immersive game(hope this time other players and the devs wont ignore the thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all i want to say sorry for my english but I am facing some problems with my keybord and is not my native languege.Second of all I want to say that I love this game I have over 600+ h I understand that the devs are doing a hard job,90% of the time they do a good comunication and I understand the community frustration (not the I own the game so do what I want)
I am a former history student and my diploma is on dark age-early medieval period and together with some friends who are doing PHD in history love this game but from a good game from historical point it could go to legendery.

-the towns are quite good we dont have a problem here maybe more economic projects will be nice.

-the castles are kinda usles.so I saw a lot of sugestions most of them I am watching them from stan gaming (rly nice dude) and some players want implementation of traps in the villeges owned by castles.that will not be a good ideea since at best it will take a few soldiers and thats all plus is not quite on the historical part.so for the castles villeges give the project of motte and bailey in 2 phases of upgrade:wooden one with a 50 garison capacity and a wooden and stone one with 100 garison capacity.this will make the militia and units you let there make them defend from the motte and bailey giving them a better chance against a normal party.Yes a army of 800 will have no problem dealing with them but it will give a better chance for the village and time for you to go and help them.
-in viking conquest it was this rly good option to create a small fort.give us the option to do the same limited to 5 and a garison no more than 120 soldiers.you will be able to hire patrols that will make sure that looters and other bad boys like sea riders dont form in larger groups and that alone will make the caravans prefer to go near the small forts since is more safe.in war time will make good use against normal parties and not armies of 400+.it will go hand in hand with the tactical battle maps you give.for example I bouild my small wooden fort near a river or a bridge.it will use them in the fav of the defenders.same for open fields and mountains hills etc.they will look based on they culture.
-for the new castles and towns especially vlandian castles make them in 2 levels.a lower level and a uper lever where is the keep.

now for the weapons and armors.
-I will start with the worst one.the cape on vlandian sergents looks like hell.Is and imperial one and is weird as **** with the more western style of vlandia.you should create capes in the western style of the english or anglo saxons(not the same think the english post 1066 are anglo normans) and be carefull to make a female variant to and a male one.the difrence is that the male one you are closing with a brooch neer the shoulder(similar to the battanian you added with the new beta patch)and for women you close them with a chain from a shoulder to the other one.
-better civilian clothing for the kings and nobles.give the kings a crown tipical in theyr culture better clothing and cape make them fancy same for the nobles give them bronze or iron head circlets this will work even better for the sturginas and battanias who are inspired by the slavic-norse early medieval eastern europe and irish and scothish celts.
-give to the empire byzantine shields not the kite ones used by vlandia.
-more helmets and chain shirts for the vlandia sturgia empire aserai and kuzait.give them some love.look at the XI century france and english an the maghiars lituanians byzantines and persians give them some love.
-more chain shirts with surcoat that will show the player coat of arms.
-more option for flags more colors and background options not just simbol.

now for the peace time what to do.
-yes the feast are the first stept.you know what people want so i will not repeat.
-hunting events.have some hunting grounds and let the AI and the player organize hunting games so this will improve your relation with them.it was in viking conquest and in other mods.
-grand tournirs that will offer you better gear than a normal one and a lot more money but it will be more hard for you to win.
-if you have a lot of points in charm like over 150 it should give you the option to duel an enemy army leader so it will not be usles battels.if you loose or he looses depanding on difrent factors you will go home both of you.

for the units.
-give us more merceneries like long bow man or norse warriors more mercenery cav etc.in order to balance the week points of factions.for example vlandia lacks in proper speer man and archers so make some speer and long bow merceneries.the sturgians lack in horse archers so make some horse archer merceneries.make them expensive so you will not be able to recruit them in huge numbers early game.

this is all I sugest and it will not be imposible or gamebraking stuff.We dont need credits if you implement them or just a fraction all we want is to hear the opinions and give them a chance

P.S. pls add the flags on speers they looked so nice in the 2017 video

Last edited:
Good stuff! But the only one a care about lol
I know.kinda the same.is the little details that make a good game.for me bannerlord and kingdom come are the to go for historical and semi historical games.the games is almost on the point.and i know the devs are working on this I am not entitled to rush them ore something but some of us are former history students and maybe we coul help on some level

Make maintaining supply lines between different towns and castles be important, so that you don't just own random castles and towns spread around the map at large distance, which would make no sense in real life. We should be encouraged this way to have a unified and connected kingdom consisting of connected territory.

Make maintaining supply lines between different towns and castles be important, so that you don't just own random castles and towns spread around the map at large distance, which would make no sense in real life. We should be encouraged this way to have a unified and connected kingdom consisting of connected territory.
yea I like this.in total war thrones of britannia it was this.if you take a small provice and is not conected to the main city/burg you will have problems with the suply lines and holding the lands.it makes you march your armies in a better and more tactical way

-more chain shirts with surcoat that will show the player coat of arms.
Yeah since I saw that Vlandian armor with a Lion in the chest I tought it would be nice to have it to be custom to match the clan's symbol just like shelds (would be cool for no shield users mybe?)
-more option for flags more colors and background options not just simbol.
Not sure why we only have 12 colors, its sad

Back
Top Bottom