Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotfix 23/03/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when using a language mod pack. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when pillaging a settlement after the defenders had sallied out. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a scene loading crash that was related to the common area. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating or closing the encyclopaedia screen. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to prison break a lord.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that caused the camera to get stuck when a ballista was destroyed. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed some inconsistencies in rich text icon rendering.
  • Fixed an issue with the daughter in the "Notable wants daughter found" quest.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a map. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)

A lot of sound went missing after this hotfix, verifying the game files got it back however.
In case someone else got the same issue.

I think part of the problem is that some of the quests just don't make sense to repeat as much as you do. Ideally, there would be a large pool of mega quests that only become available to you once per game.

I think part of the problem is that some of the quests just don't make sense to repeat as much as you do. Ideally, there would be a large pool of mega quests that only become available to you once per game.
Another solution would be to generate more quest based on the situation on the world map so they alway make sense. Some examples:

- village has been raided: gather wood, grain, etc to help the villagers rebuild.
- a village has been raided: get quest to capture the perpetrator, kill the perpetrator, demand retribution or raid 2 of his villages
- an army is besieging a town: bring grain, fish, etc to the commander
- an army is besieging a town: get quest to bring a force to the defence of the town
- a lord has been captured: break him out of prison, pay for his release or capture a relative of the capturer for a prisoner swap
- a kingdom is at war with a far richer kingdom: get missions to destroy as many caravans as possible
- a kingdom has lost territory, but is in no position to declare war on the current owner: get mission to a incite rebellion
- a lord is boosting about his tournament wins: get a quest from a rival to make sure he doesn’t win the next tournament.

I am not sure if the hideout missions, protect caravan missions and the forced labour missions are generated this way, but that would fit well.

Another solution would be to generate more quest based on the situation on the world map so they alway make sense. Some examples:

- village has been raided: gather wood, grain, etc to help the villagers rebuild.
- a village has been raided: get quest to capture the perpetrator, kill the perpetrator, demand retribution or raid 2 of his villages
- an army is besieging a town: bring grain, fish, etc to the commander
- an army is besieging a town: get quest to bring a force to the defence of the town
- a lord has been captured: break him out of prison, pay for his release or capture a relative of the capturer for a prisoner swap
- a kingdom is at war with a far richer kingdom: get missions to destroy as many caravans as possible
- a kingdom has lost territory, but is in no position to declare war on the current owner: get mission to a incite rebellion
- a lord is boosting about his tournament wins: get a quest from a rival to make sure he doesn’t win the next tournament.

I am not sure if the hideout missions, protect caravan missions and the forced labour missions are generated this way, but that would fit well.
Nice! This is a solid list of quest ideas. Hoping someone from TW takes note. I like it because it brings what is happening in your particular playthrough into the quests. I was playing the other night and I kept running into the same lord and beating him but our interaction was really no different before battle. I thought that was one thing that made the game Shadow of War cool, I just can't remember the feature name (Rival?).

Prior to today's hot fix NPCs had been giving me a lot of the "O Face":

dJ21cNN.jpg

QKkgzq9.jpg

DQBbRol.jpg

*Disclaimer* I do not believe my character is that ugly or that handsome.

Before in 1.5.8 noticed almost all Notables/Lords had what I could only call "shifty" eyes where they couldn't keep eye contact. This seems to be gone now though.

Love the quest manual labours. Max Gold was round about 50k for raiders and steppe bandit bosses.(the noble wants 14 but I I thought I can make a better deal by giving him more XD) Dont understand why a quest like "capture by bounty hunters" only gives 1000 though. The best money make in those situations is a mace XD

A lot of sound went missing after this hotfix, verifying the game files got it back however.
really TW this gets out of hand
no other game i own i have ever verified on steam after a patch and Bannerlord you need to do it every patch
is this a steam problem ? TW problem

Edit: Conan told me once after a crash to verify, but the process did not find any corrupt or missing file

Can someone please explain to me how are we supposed to win the most annoying board game "Mu torere" (Vlandia)? The AI doesn't want to lose. It will play moves that reset the position and you are stuck in an infinite loop because all you can do is try not to lose. I don't have the patience to learn such a boring game. I wish it was removed honestly, I don't understand why this is a game... Someone said well to replace it with chess. It's not fun, and all I've read on the internet is how to win with white, but when you do the quest Inn and Out you receive the black pieces, and all the tips said for black is "try not to lose until opponent makes a mistake". Even if I get into a position where if I placed a piece to the center it blocks all my opponent's moves, for some reason I can't transfer my piece from in-between 2 pieces to the center, to win. I don't get this annoying game...

Is this game literally a tic-toc-toe variant, where if an opponent knows to play it they can never lose? Why is this in the game. I'd rather fight a chess grandmaster AI than deal with this bland excuse of a board-game... but of course if I want to play vlandia sandbox this is the game I get...
Forwarded the issue to the QA. We will be taking a look at this. Thanks for reporting!

Forwarded the issue to the QA. We will be taking a look at this. Thanks for reporting!
I pushed through the frustration, calmed down, and played it a bit and finally understood how it's supposed to go. Don't look too deep into it, there are no issues with the game! I'll test more thoroughly next time before I give feedback out of frustration, I feel bad for wasting your time. My mistake!

But again, chess = would be lovely lovely addition for one of the empires maybe!
And also winning the quest, if you buy the property with money = + trading skill
If you win it by winning the game = + tactics skill?

That would be really great attention to detail! Thank you and sorry again!

one thing you could look at is a bug where it says you have 1 wounded troop in your party but you don't. It happened to me twice now. I don't remember if the first time it happened in the same context. This time it happened after a prison break failure, even though I am not wounded anymore I have "48 + 1w" and I'm not sure if it will go away (last time this happened I didn't continue my playthrough to see if it goes away).

Another thing about prison break, it seems like when there are too many lords held prisoner, and not enough "cages", when you prison break 1 lord another will just stand by outside the cages awkwardly like he is free to go, but of course won't follow you or anything. I was at Pen Cannoc and there were 10 lords prisoner, 4 each in 2 of the 3 cages, and I assume 2 were in the third and I breakout one lord so the other lord just awkwardly sits there, like he's free. I was confused for a minute

one thing you could look at is a bug where it says you have 1 wounded troop in your party but you don't. It happened to me twice now. I don't remember if the first time it happened in the same context. This time it happened after a prison break failure, even though I am not wounded anymore I have "48 + 1w" and I'm not sure if it will go away (last time this happened I didn't continue my playthrough to see if it goes away).

Another thing about prison break, it seems like when there are too many lords held prisoner, and not enough "cages", when you prison break 1 lord another will just stand by outside the cages awkwardly like he is free to go, but of course won't follow you or anything. I was at Pen Cannoc and there were 10 lords prisoner, 4 each in 2 of the 3 cages, and I assume 2 were in the third and I breakout one lord so the other lord just awkwardly sits there, like he's free. I was confused for a minute
The wounded bug is when you get wounded during a prison break. You can easily check this when you want to clean an hideout. Your character can be chosen twice or more, depends on how much prison breaks you have lost wounded. It seems that if you fall during a breakout that the game makes a duplicate of your character but as you already exist, it won't heal the imaginary duplicate

Edit: but after a reload or start the game it will vanish

The wounded bug is when you get wounded during a prison break. You can easily check this when you want to clean an hideout. Your character can be chosen twice or more, depends on how much prison breaks you have lost wounded. It seems that if you fall during a breakout that the game makes a duplicate of your character but as you already exist, it won't heal the imaginary duplicate

Edit: but after a reload or start the game it will vanish
Guys anyway to get rid of the wounded bug from prison breaks? I didn't know what it was from and accumulated 20 permanent wounded count, also reduced max deployment in battle too.

Art of Trade quest scaling seems to be broken in current patch. At clan level 5 villagers ask me to sell their stuff for double price of normal mark. No way make this profitable or even get my money back. Anyone else have this issue?

Guys anyway to get rid of the wounded bug from prison breaks? I didn't know what it was from and accumulated 20 permanent wounded count, also reduced max deployment in battle too.
I still have the wounded bug so I'm not sure. The only thing I'm thinking could work is maybe getting captured?... if that doesn't work then I'm clueless

Buffing leadership xD
Yes I see... also, is there any point to actually owning a fief while you're a vassal atm? The garrison costs so much that I lose money because of it, so I see it's better to just give it to someone else... when we will be able to set a wage limit for parties and garrison this will be solved I imagine though.

Yes I see... also, is there any point to actually owning a fief while you're a vassal atm? The garrison costs so much that I lose money because of it, so I see it's better to just give it to someone else... when we will be able to set a wage limit for parties and garrison this will be solved I imagine though.
You can hoard prisoners in it. You can hoard food in the stash. You can (maybe) make workshops and caravans from it, intending to keep them for the long haul. Financially you probably won't get a great town as a vassal, you'll get a crappy one that's been sieged back and forth into the dirt or a castle. However if you get a chain of fiefs going (proximity help a lot in votes) you eventually can have decent passive income.... but sometimes that just won't happen no matter what you do. I hate being a vassal. It's just waiting for leadership to get high and hoarding...... I do a lot of hoarding in bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom