Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

I just found it, it's a Companion creator ,you can create a companion and download it to the game, well I didn't find the mine, I don't put dialogs or else, but I found the Valadian one. It's expensive but good as hell.
Oh whoa! What an amazing tool! I am forever amazed by our modding community.

I have CK2 and all its dlc's, same with Stellaris. and yeah, Paradox quite greedy in that regard. A lot of the stuff they charge for as a dlc, is content you would expect was part of the core content of the game.
I love Paradox games but they take DLC's to the extreme - imagine bannerlord but all the factions look the same at launch and you have to spend £5 and wait 6-9 months a-piece to make each one look unique.

That Northern lords DLC is honestly a bit of a rip. I bought it (like a sucker anyway) but it's basically 2 new costumes and a few flavour events that probably should have been in at launch.

Last edited:
Oh whoa! What an amazing tool! I am forever amazed by our modding community.

I love Paradox games but they take DLC's to the extreme - imagine bannerlord but all the factions look the same at launch and you have to spend £5 and wait 6-9 months a-piece to make each one look unique.

That Northern lords DLC is honestly a bit of a rip. I bought it (like a sucker anyway) but it's basically 2 new costumes and a few flavour events that probably should have been in at launch.
tbf I do feel stellais isnt as bad with its DLCs since you can create your own empire and when i bought the base game (i own DLC now) there was still lots to do and there wasnt much i felt was ripped from the game to sell as DLC

But yeah even though Bannerlord Updates feel slow and some add not a lot (yay sheep icons) i would rather slow content thats free than slow content that most of you cant use unless you buy a new DLC for insert regional price here.

tbf I do feel stellais isnt as bad with its DLCs since you can create your own empire and when i bought the base game (i own DLC now) there was still lots to do and there wasnt much i felt was ripped from the game to sell as DLC

But yeah even though Bannerlord Updates feel slow and some add not a lot (yay sheep icons) i would rather slow content thats free than slow content that most of you cant use unless you buy a new DLC for insert regional price here.
I always end up buying it anyway.... I hate the thought of missing out. The amount of weird and wonderful CK2 content I own which I never used must be extraordinary.

I always end up buying it anyway.... I hate the thought of missing out. The amount of weird and wonderful CK2 content I own which I never used must be extraordinary.

They did include quite a bit in CK3 that was dlc content in CK2 though. Which would been abysmal of them to put as dlc content in CK3 as well.

Hotfix 23/03/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when using a language mod pack. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when pillaging a settlement after the defenders had sallied out. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a scene loading crash that was related to the common area. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating or closing the encyclopaedia screen. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to prison break a lord.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that caused the camera to get stuck when a ballista was destroyed. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)
  • Fixed some inconsistencies in rich text icon rendering.
  • Fixed an issue with the daughter in the "Notable wants daughter found" quest.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a map. (Also in e1.5.8 hotfix.)

Can someone please explain to me how are we supposed to win the most annoying board game "Mu torere" (Vlandia)? The AI doesn't want to lose. It will play moves that reset the position and you are stuck in an infinite loop because all you can do is try not to lose. I don't have the patience to learn such a boring game. I wish it was removed honestly, I don't understand why this is a game... Someone said well to replace it with chess. It's not fun, and all I've read on the internet is how to win with white, but when you do the quest Inn and Out you receive the black pieces, and all the tips said for black is "try not to lose until opponent makes a mistake". Even if I get into a position where if I placed a piece to the center it blocks all my opponent's moves, for some reason I can't transfer my piece from in-between 2 pieces to the center, to win. I don't get this annoying game...

Is this game literally a tic-toc-toe variant, where if an opponent knows to play it they can never lose? Why is this in the game. I'd rather fight a chess grandmaster AI than deal with this bland excuse of a board-game... but of course if I want to play vlandia sandbox this is the game I get...

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me how are we supposed to win the most annoying board game "Mu torere" (Vlandia)? The AI doesn't want to lose. It will play moves that reset the position and you are stuck in an infinite loop because all you can do is try not to lose. I don't have the patience to learn such a boring game. I wish it was removed honestly, I don't understand why this is a game... Someone said well to replace it with chess. It's not fun, and all I've read on the internet is how to win with white, but when you do the quest Inn and Out you receive the black pieces, and all the tips said for black is "try not to lose until opponent makes a mistake". Even if I get into a position where if I placed a piece to the center it blocks all my opponent's moves, for some reason I can't transfer my piece from in-between 2 pieces to the center, to win. I don't get this annoying game...
If you don´t like the mini-game don´t play it? If it´s for "in and out" quest just skip the game and pay him. you will get more then enough money back for solving.

I'd say the next major update is in the anniversary of the game, which is fair.
Think the same.

I gotta correct you man, to keep the good honesty here, you know, but its not slow its sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, specially since they do the 2 steps forward 1 step backwards cha-cha-cha very nicely.

better then being forced into a game you like, right? and you could say the same about every other quest in the game. at least this one is quick finished
yeah but it is a problem, it really breaks immersion. How are those peasants paying so much? If I can buy it for 1000, why doesn't he buy it for 1000, and why does he give me 2-3 thousand instead for doing it for him? I mean it's nonsensical... the quest should just limit itself to "winning a board game", and we should have some decent and fair board games, that's it. Just for immersion sake. I know people complained about quests not giving enough money to be worth doing, but might as well not have quests at this point... just press a button and give us free money, how is that a quest... I understand that relations are not sufficient to make the player want to do quests, that's why they should add skill experience too. Maybe if you buy it for 1000, you don't get 2-3k reward, but instead some trading skill. I'm sure players that do Trader playthroughs would be happy about that, and even non-traders, since having some trading skill sure is nice for your economy (if you don't like to abuse smithing and all.)

Extra idea: if you do win the property back by playing the board game, then you gain tactical skill. Boom, problem solved. Cool rewards, and SENSICAL.

Those little, little details are what I appreciate the most, and what really ruin the game experience for me when they're just not proper... immersion is one hell of a drug.

How to give trading skill, example: 1000 experience X amount of trading learning you have. Can give 5000 for 5x learning etc, this is an example of how you can do it. Same thing for tactics, and every other skill in the game... quests would be cool if they all were centered around a certain skill as well. Money, you can make easily later in the game. Skills? They're still a pain to level, even more-so later on.

Last edited:
If you don´t like the mini-game don´t play it? If it´s for "in and out" quest just skip the game and pay him. you will get more then enough money back for solving.
'Don't play this part of the game' is not a solution for 'this part of the game is broken'
What if someone said the same thing about the broken sieges?

auto resolve
Which still ignores the problem instead of solving it. The sieges are broken. We would like them fixed. Autoresolving sieges does not fix sieges.
The board game is broken, Andrew would like it fixed. Skipping it does not fix the board game.

People want to enjoy everything the game has to offer, not have to skip them because they don't work.

Which still ignores the problem instead of solving it. The sieges are broken. We would like them fixed. Autoresolving sieges does not fix sieges.
The board game is broken, Andrew would like it fixed. Skipping it does not fix the board game.

People want to enjoy everything the game has to offer, not have to skip them because they don't work.
I never really got into those board games, but... Are they broken if the player is a "bad" player? Not claiming he is. I'm at best average when it come to actual chess, but I don't complain and say the game is broken if someone beat me in it.

You've got good points, but yeah I'm not saying that the board game is broken, I never said that. Maybe I just didn't figure out how to win it yet with black. Initially I just expressed my frustration because at a first glance it just seems like an unappealing game to me. That's why I just wanted someone to make me understand how to do it, out of frustration. So I don't want anyone to misunderstand.

But I would still love to see some more fun games in the game, I am just in love with chess and I am in love with bannerlord, so maybe that is why I wish so much for this to be a thing. There are so many fun games out there that can be implemented, and to me mu torere just seems so boring of a choice... the kuzait game is pretty fun, the empire game is ok too even though the AI is kinda bad... so there is potential.

Other than that, I still think quest rewards should be tuned to be more immersive, so at least this came out of the conversation... I think I brought a good possible solution to that in the above comment and hopefully some more would agree. Money from quests, I really don't care about that, personally... especially if it ruins the immersion. Skill experience would be really cool if it's not a complete minuscule amount.

I never really got into those board games, but... Are they broken if the player is a "bad" player? Not claiming he is. I'm at best average when it come to actual chess, but I don't complain and say the game is broken if someone beat me in it.
I do not know, to be honest. I have not played the board games in quite some time. I simply take issue with the dismissive stance of 'just skip the broken thing'

Perhaps it is truly broken, or perhaps Andrew just needs to Git Gud. Regardless of the truth simply telling someone to 'skip it' ignores the issue either way.

Is this game literally a tic-toc-toe variant, where if an opponent knows to play it they can never lose? Why is this in the game. I'd rather fight a chess grandmaster AI than deal with this bland excuse of a board-game... but of course if I want to play vlandia sandbox this is the game I get...
so then the whole quest becomes "go to tavern and pay 1000 to win 2-3 thousand or whatever"... great quest...
AT this point I just pay the guy the guy anyways no matter what game because I have never ending amount of chores to do in game. It's weird how much money the give you though, it's 2-6k, always 6k for me except sometimes at start of the game, seems like an mistake since paying is supposed to be cop-out, but this quest had lots of problems maybe it still needs to be worked on.

Ignoring the problems of broken siege's is my specialty :smile:

Back
Top Bottom