Some questions for our community managers

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dejan @Callum

Simple questions, simple answers. Please?

1. Is Early Access still on track to end at the end of this month?

2. What's the current ETA for 1.5.9?

3. What's the current ETA for custom servers?
3.1 How much of that time is due to technical reasons (i.e. changes that have yet to be made to the codebase) and how much is due to not wanting to release the files yet (for the reasons you already stated elsewhere)?

3. What's the current ETA for battle mode?

4. How many people are currently working on the Multiplayer side of the game?

5. Once custom servers are out, will we be able to use BattlEye protection on our own servers?
5.1 If so, will this be mod-compatible at all?

Considering battleeye is having this many false positives I dont see any reason to have it at all. Especially since its not working, cheaters seem to be breaking the system just fine.

Considering battleeye is having this many false positives I dont see any reason to have it at all. Especially since its not working, cheaters seem to be breaking the system just fine.
I would like to see some examples if you can provide. The latest "autoblock" cheat is not working thanks to BattlEye for example.

@Dejan @Callum

Simple questions, simple answers. Please?

1. Is Early Access still on track to end at the end of this month?

2. What's the current ETA for 1.5.9?

3. What's the current ETA for custom servers?
3.1 How much of that time is due to technical reasons (i.e. changes that have yet to be made to the codebase) and how much is due to not wanting to release the files yet (for the reasons you already stated elsewhere)?

3. What's the current ETA for battle mode?

4. How many people are currently working on the Multiplayer side of the game?

5. Once custom servers are out, will we be able to use BattlEye protection on our own servers?
5.1 If so, will this be mod-compatible at all?
Maybe

Here you go for communication, cya in 4 months.

Maybe

Here you go for communication, cya in 4 months.
I doubt the community managers can answer these questions - and to be fair the answer to all of these will probably be the same.

"We are still working on it but don't have a set ETA just yet".

Though EA won't be ending for another year at least. There is still a bunch of new features they have committed to (Battle Terrain, Keep Battles, Singleplayer Spear Bracing, Battle Mode, Custom Severs etc etc) which we haven't see yet. No reason TW would drop the EA flag for a long time to come - afterall it is a handy shield to hide behind.

"Dudes it's EA; it isn't a finished product yet!"

Sounds harsh but it is pretty smart. I wouldn't drop EA title from this game for years personally - use the leverage it gives you for as long as possible. I'd do a rimworld and just keep it in for years.

also are more cav/ archer nerfs coming?
Archers are already ganked by 400-gold-rushdowns with two heavy cavs in competitive to force the kill (and them not shredding apart everything due to damage output being as hot as the sun). Not really sure if another cav nerf is needed, light cav is literally paper and their horses get killed by 1-2 arrows if they are well-placed or one pila. Heavy Cav is another topic but you pay 200 for that... I agree that they are broken, but it's really hard to balance and I suggest to give Heavy Infantry the well deserved buff it needs and then revisit the issue before blindly nerfing everything into the ground which is deemed annoying by ppl. These sledgehammer-nerfs and stuff are not helping and the community isn't helping either.

Did they ever actually state a date regarding 1? Feel like they maybe just said "about a year maybe more" or similar.
There was not a date of full release set in stone, iirc it said "roughly a year"´. For SP this might be true, but for MP? Oof.

There was not a date of full release set in stone, iirc it said "roughly a year"´. For SP this might be true, but for MP? Oof.
We are talking about the company that said they would have bannerlord out in a playable form in 2016. When they said 'about a year for EA' I had already added another 2-3 years to that estimate in my head automatically.

I think if you just look at the SP & MP planned feature pages alone you will see TW have no intention of leaving EA for a long time yet.

We are talking about the company that said they would have bannerlord out in a playable form in 2016. When they said 'about a year for EA' I had already added another 2-3 years to that estimate in my head automatically.

I think if you just look at the SP & MP planned feature pages alone you will see TW have no intention of leaving EA for a long time yet.
The last update we got from Callum was that they were on track with their initial target, and that still says roughly one year on the steam storepage right now. I'm merely curious if that is still accurate.
Now please stop the overly negative posts on this thread before we even got an answer. There is no point to them.

The last update we got from Callum was that they were on track with their initial target, and that still says roughly one year on the steam storepage right now. I'm merely curious if that is still accurate.
Now please stop the overly negative posts on this thread before we even got an answer. There is no point to them.
Negative?

I think it's a huge positive for them to stay in EA. I'd much much rather they do. Indeed leaving too soon would be the issue to my mind. I hope if/when we get a response it is along the lines of 'We have no current estimate on when Bannerlord will leave EA'. I'd really like to see an answer to your questions in general.

If the game releases in the end of the month it's going to go down in history as a forgotten game. Will get good ratings from casuals and people who dont dedicate more than 100 hours in a single video game and then moving to the next thing, but it's never going be classified as a 'classic' like warband was. SP still lacks in a lot of departments and multiplayer is plain garbage, proven by the numbers of players and the drops. There is 0 reason to play this game at its current state over a complex warband mod like Pendor, ASOIAF, Floris or MP mods like PW, Mercs of FI.

Biggest offenders:

SP: AI, Steamrolling, Influence spam, Barter system abuse, smithing, no sense of a real breathing world
MP: Classes system, combat, stance system in combat, no decent modes, extremely limiting in every single way possible, bad map design.

Negative?

I think it's a huge positive for them to stay in EA. I'd much much rather they do. Indeed leaving too soon would be the issue to my mind. I hope if/when we get a response it is along the lines of 'We have no current estimate on when Bannerlord will leave EA'. I'd really like to see an answer to your questions in general.
Years longer!? that is definitely a negative position to take, its asking for years of torture. Torture is what this ea process has been. I just want to feel that sweet (full) release.

We'll have more to share on the topic of early access soon. I am unable to provide an ETA on the next 3 points, it's all being worked on. We have some critical issues with the next potential release version and are working on fixing them. According to our current plans (that might change in the future due to unforeseen circumstances) you'll be able to use BattlEye protection on your own custom servers but it won't be mod-compatible due to the way BattlEye operates.

Following is that post:
"While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.
According to the last part this game can stay in early access for years.
If you add how **** the game is rn you can easily say that they won't release the game in near future.
you'll be able to use BattlEye protection on your own custom servers but it won't be mod-compatible due to the way BattlEye operates.
I really hope we will be able to toggle that and not be forced to use battleye.

you'll be able to use BattlEye protection on your own custom servers but it won't be mod-compatible due to the way BattlEye operates.

If I understand, modded custom servers won't be able to use BattleEye?
That's a bit worrying, seeing as, without BattleEye, people could mod in or simply hack in advantages such as autoblock in modded servers.

We'll have more to share on the topic of early access soon. I am unable to provide an ETA on the next 3 points, it's all being worked on. We have some critical issues with the next potential release version and are working on fixing them. According to our current plans (that might change in the future due to unforeseen circumstances) you'll be able to use BattlEye protection on your own custom servers but it won't be mod-compatible due to the way BattlEye operates.
Thank you for the answers, sadly not very exciting but I guess that was to be expected.

I have a genuine question: what does Callum do all day? It would be easier to understand his radio silence if we knew what work he is, in fact, doing. It's disappointing that his activity while on holiday was indistinguishable from his activity on the job, to the point where it was unclear when that holiday began and ended. Is Callum still on vacation???

He only works part time as Taleworlds PR now, as he got a lucrative job marketing fake baby food.
Working at Taleworlds lets you discover and develop your true talents.

Back
Top Bottom