Constant Warfare : Did Taleworld adress that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

The biggest problem i have with Bannerlord SP at the moment, and one i've seen mentioned in multiple threads, is the fact that, compared to Warband, there is just way too much warfare going on in Bannerlord. Sieges are happening left and right, its constantly war throughout the realm and basicly if you dont want some faction to snowball, you need to be part of that 24/7 warfare yourself and as soon as possible.

It didnt feel like that in Warband. Being at War with another faction was not an event as recurring as it is in Bannerlord, there were long moments of peaceful times (feasts, tournaments, questing, working our relations, etc.). Bannerlord is just war war war war constantly. You just cant get any moment of peace, because while you are at war with faction A, faction B declares war on you right before you declare peace with faction A.

Castles are getting sieged constantly they change color like its a christmas light cord, which is goofy as heck.

This, right here, is one of the many reasons why Bannerlord, when compared to Warband, feels like it has no "soul".

What is Taleworlds opinion on this matter ? Does Taleworld feel "fine" with the constant warfare meta of their game ? If so, it is a big bummer for me, because im patiently waiting for the game to finally have a soul.

No, and this won’t change ever as far I know. Good thing is that snowballing is fixed now.

Not as if there's anything to do in the game other than fight and siege in the first place :neutral:
There is actually. Trading, Smithing, doing quests to get relations (problem here is that its not worth it because of Disciplinarian perk). But then again there is a LOAD of missing features from Warband that helped mitigate this constant warfare.

There is actually. Trading, Smithing, doing quests to get relations (problem here is that its not worth it because of Disciplinarian perk). But then again there is a LOAD of missing features from Warband that helped mitigate this constant warfare.
And the disciplinarian perk isn't worth it because of forced recruitment, cuz of constant wars! :wink:
jk it's still worth it you can put up with being a vassal long enough to get it. License to to manufacture endless noble troops.

The biggest problem i have with Bannerlord SP at the moment, and one i've seen mentioned in multiple threads, is the fact that, compared to Warband, there is just way too much warfare going on in Bannerlord. Sieges are happening left and right, its constantly war throughout the realm and basicly if you dont want some faction to snowball, you need to be part of that 24/7 warfare yourself and as soon as possible.

It didnt feel like that in Warband. Being at War with another faction was not an event as recurring as it is in Bannerlord, there were long moments of peaceful times (feasts, tournaments, questing, working our relations, etc.). Bannerlord is just war war war war constantly. You just cant get any moment of peace, because while you are at war with faction A, faction B declares war on you right before you declare peace with faction A.

Castles are getting sieged constantly they change color like its a christmas light cord, which is goofy as heck.

This, right here, is one of the many reasons why Bannerlord, when compared to Warband, feels like it has no "soul".

What is Taleworlds opinion on this matter ? Does Taleworld feel "fine" with the constant warfare meta of their game ? If so, it is a big bummer for me, because im patiently waiting for the game to finally have a soul.
It would be nice if diplomacy and relationships mattered more and if you could reduce the amount of conflict by navigating relationships carefully and keeping on good terms.

This said historically throughout most of history war was so common place that it was actually peace that was the abnormal and strange state of being. So given the period this game is occurring in, wars should be fairly frequently occurring. Although currently even with this in mind the war declaration spam seems a bit excessive even to me.

And the disciplinarian perk isn't worth it because of forced recruitment, cuz of constant wars! :wink:
jk it's still worth it you can put up with being a vassal long enough to get it. License to to manufacture endless noble troops.
Veteran's respect accomplishes the same thing doesn't it? Isn't this the new term for it? You don't need to be a vasal to unlock it.

Veteran's respect accomplishes the same thing doesn't it? Isn't this the new term for it? You don't need to be a vasal to unlock it.
Yes you're right I think they changed the perk name to veteran's respect. You NEED to lead armies to raise LEADERSHIP in any realistic speed to get to 150 leadership, you MUST be a vassal or ruler of faction to have armies. You can start raising leadership at clan rank 2 if you become a vassal, if you wait until you're ready to start a faction it's basically no point as it will be so late in the game OR if you make faction too early you're game flat out ruined anyways. I mean IMO making a faction ruins the game no matter what.
So yeah you're technically right :party: but good ****ing luck getting 150 leadership without leading armies ASAP at rank 2

Yes you're right I think they changed the perk name to veteran's respect. You NEED to lead armies to raise LEADERSHIP in any realistic speed to get to 150 leadership, you MUST be a vassal or ruler of faction to have armies. You can start raising leadership at clan rank 2 if you become a vassal, if you wait until you're ready to start a faction it's basically no point as it will be so late in the game OR if you make faction too early you're game flat out ruined anyways. I mean IMO making a faction ruins the game no matter what.
So yeah you're technically right :party: but good ****ing luck getting 150 leadership without leading armies ASAP at rank 2
That's actually all I do as a vassal. Join a faction asap, split my troops amongst my companion parties, and create a zero-influence army to walk around 24/7. I'll harvest noble units, do quests and battle bandits to level up my troops, but it's fundamentally all about gaining leadership skill points so I can get Veteran's Respect. I never actually try to accomplish anything or raise my relationship with the faction I've joined b/c I know I'll lose it all when I leave anyway. Even if I give back any fiefs they grant me.

I don't like the constant war. Imo it is immersion breaking when you join battania and a few days after a war they declare war again. Even when they are already at war with a faction, they will declare war against another one. How are you supposed to get a castle and hold it, when you constantly have to fight for your faction, that gets attacked left and right. I think the player should have more control over this.

I agree that it needs something to regulate it. I think in my in game last 6 years, Ive had maybe 3 days of peace, and that possibly had a city rebel then fraction after declares war. Declares peace for a 4 days then back at it, its now a constant circle with the same 4 border cities and castles changing so often Im bored of fighting to retake or defend.
I also want to send a caravan out with my kids to get them xp, but I cant because the constant warfare means that all the lands between city's are rammed with bands of looters etc, never mind hostile cities and lords meaning caravans cant go anywhere!

These endless wars are currently really a deal-breaker for enjoying the game. I like the early game, but as soon as you become a vassal and with your help the faction gets actually strong.....they get cocky....like "we are doing fine with our war against battania, lets make life hard for us and also declare war on the northern empire....oh no we are now losing the fiefs we captured from battania, better declare war on sturgians to compensate for the losses". Funny thing is that in previous patches this was not so much of a big deal, as far as i remember correctly

These endless wars are currently really a deal-breaker for enjoying the game. I like the early game, but as soon as you become a vassal and with your help the faction gets actually strong.....they get cocky....like "we are doing fine with our war against battania, lets make life hard for us and also declare war on the northern empire....oh no we are now losing the fiefs we captured from battania, better declare war on sturgians to compensate for the losses". Funny thing is that in previous patches this was not so much of a big deal, as far as i remember correctly
It's basically like this now to stop 'snowballing'.

I've personally given up until someone makes a mod which adds proper diplomacy.

Still haven’t fixed this yet. I’d like a game where there is an ending in sight instead of dragging it on with kingdoms who can raise 1000 man armies after a few days, of course only after Ive crushed them over and over and over and over and over again. And I wish my guys would raid their villages like sheesh this game ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom