Basic plains and rolling hills map for Captain mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Nonoloco

Recruit
Hi Devs,

Could you guys implement some basic plain and hill maps for captain mode.

It would be cool to have a very basic map with a frontal assault. It might create more collective strategy and maybe better use of cav and archers.

Other than that, still loving the game and looking forward to all the updates and mods in the future

This is a fat +1 from me. Us Captain Mode players have been absolutely craving a large open field type map that isn't bogged down with obstacles and too much terrain that forces melee fights every round. Ruins of Jawwali has alot of open space and is probably the best design for a captain mode map, but even this map suffers from an overabundance of obstacles that disrupt the flow of ranged warfare making it not a viable tactic to use. If we had a captain mode map that was similar to one of the large open plains/valley maps that we can play on in singleplayer campaign with just 3 morale flags spaced out a bit, it would become the most popular map in the gamemode hands down. I personally like ebereth hillfort but even that map suffers from being too congested and the flags being too close together. Let's give players an open field map!

Even just repurposing a singleplayer map and adding some capture points would be sufficient. If TW is concerned about "balancing" the map, they can just add it exclusively to the clan battle pool so we can test it out.

Absolutely yes pls! Very 1st impression I thought Hillfort was finally going to be that map and then i saw the flags :p

100% agree with this. The captains mode maps we have so far are extremely cluttered. I do get why TW thought this was ideal but it often leads to sporadic 1v1 or 1v2 encounters - fun in itself but not every time.

It doesn't have to literally be a flat map; but a much larger and considerably less dense map would do wonders for captains mode. FInally it would feel like two armies sizing up against each other and not just a mass brawl.

I would like a forest map, all covered with trees and maybe a clear space in the middle, it would be interesting, so we could recreate the battle of teutoburg forest with battania vs empire (germanic tribes vs romans)

I have become such a cynic on this forum now that I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not...

At risk of embarrassing myself is this true...?
It's true! Well at least the bit about a new map in the works that is open and hilly etc.

Please consider the flag location carefully TW, place them so it opens most areas of the map up to a defensive setup, without keeping the defending army too far away from a flag to retain some morale in the early game. Thanks!

Last edited:
It's true! Well at least the bit about a new map in the works that is open and hilly etc.

Please consider the flag location carefully TW, place them so it opens most areas of the map up to a defensive setup, without keeping the defending army too far away from a flag to retain some morale in the early game. Thanks!
That's nice to hear- where did they confirm?

Also agreed. Flag placement will be pivotal.

Would be nice if it was more than just 6v6 in this kind of map as well. 12v12 !
I assume (or perhaps just hope) that it will be simple to increase player numbers in both skirmish and captains mode when we get private servers. 12v12 Captains mode would be pretty crazy - I'm not sure how well it would work but I'd love to try it.

I assume (or perhaps just hope) that it will be simple to increase player numbers in both skirmish and captains mode when we get private servers. 12v12 Captains mode would be pretty crazy - I'm not sure how well it would work but I'd love to try it.

I will never understand for the life of me why Taleworlds limit Skirmish and Captain to 6v6, like for christ sake what do they have to lose except make the fights more epic ? Why do we have to wait for custom servers for the game to be half decent ? I played Warband Native for years in siege servers, i never felt the need to go to custom servers on Warband. Why is it that for every last one detail in Bannerlord we need to wait for custom servers lol ?

I will never understand for the life of me why Taleworlds limit Skirmish and Captain to 6v6, like for christ sake what do they have to lose except make the fights more epic ? Why do we have to wait for custom servers for the game to be half decent ? I played Warband Native for years in siege servers, i never felt the need to go to custom servers on Warband. Why is it that for every last one detail in Bannerlord we need to wait for custom servers lol ?
They probably should have retained the name (Beta) on the multiplayer - as it certainly feels like one.

Back
Top Bottom