Any Progress on the Development of Casus Belli?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
@mexxico , Hi there!

Hope you are doing alright! :smile:

Just wanted to ask the title of this thread? Has Casus belli been in development? Or is most of the focus now on the new battle terrain system?

We will add clans to mention why they started voting for war or peace. This is a bit cosmetic but at least it will give a feedback to player why a war / peace is started.
OK, well glad to hear it's still going to happen .....even if it will be very limited.

We will add clans to mention why they started voting for war or peace. This is a bit cosmetic but at least it will give a feedback to player why a war / peace is started.
If the guy with this mod managed to do something similar to diplomatic options, it shouldn't be difficult for developers to do the same. Something simple, but with some logic.

If the guy with this mod managed to do something similar to diplomatic options, it shouldn't be difficult for developers to do the same. Something simple, but with some logic.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/427
Another (better imo) example. Diplomacy Fixes is good but it's still essentially just adding hard caps on war duration and stuff like that. It's not very dynamic, no negotiating.
I fear the problem is not difficulty but intention. They simply don't want to add it.
This seems to be the case. I'll never understand wanting to prevent players from being able to interact with the world you've put all this time into building. I always assumed the bartering screen would be the primary way for faction leaders to negotiate, that you'd give gifts and stuff to maintain good relations with other rulers etc.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/427
Another (better imo) example. Diplomacy Fixes is good but it's still essentially just adding hard caps on war duration and stuff like that. It's not very dynamic, no negotiating.

This seems to be the case. I'll never understand wanting to prevent players from being able to interact with the world you've put all this time into building. I always assumed the bartering screen would be the primary way for faction leaders to negotiate, that you'd give gifts and stuff to maintain good relations with other rulers etc.
You are presenting mods that are outdated, sadly many modders are quitting, and in my case I just find courage, recently, to install all those dependencies to make most mods work properly.
Sadly TW don't do the things and don't make the things easy for the modders, I use that mod mainly to control the constant wars, after a war we can set a forced period of peace. Is that I still find enjoyment in sell and bought stuff around the map, I don't want to be caught by a illogical war declaration, by Sturgians against Azerais, when I travel, selling butter and cheese.

You are presenting mods that are outdated, sadly many modders are quitting, and in my case I just find courage, recently, to install all those dependencies to make most mods work properly.
Sadly TW don't do the things and don't make the things easy for the modders, I use that mod mainly to control the constant wars, after a war we can set a forced period of peace. Is that I still find enjoyment in sell and bought stuff around the map.
Yes I would love to have a break from constant wars. I can then remove bandit camps, rescue prisoners, stock up with food, a bit of trading, do quests to help town loyalty. They are just off the top of my head sure there are other things to do as well.

Sadly TW don't do the things and don't make the things easy for the modders, I use that mod mainly to control the constant wars, after a war we can set a forced period of peace. Is that I still find enjoyment in sell and bought stuff around the map, I don't want to be caught by a illogical war declaration, by Sturgians against Azerais, when I travel, selling butter and cheese.
Yes that mod is totally outdated but I remember using it, I wish it was maintained. By early april that one modder managed to add in the ability to barter for peace, pay other kings to join wars, negotiate truces, and whatever else was in that mod.

Yes that mod is totally outdated but I remember using it, I wish it was maintained. By early april that one modder managed to add in the ability to barter for peace, pay other kings to join wars, negotiate truces, and whatever else was in that mod.
How many of those mods are outdated? Do ANY of the mod developers bother updating their work? It either must be ridiculously hassling to update the mods for every new version because of poor modding tools or they are just weary of the EA like most people.

How many of those mods are outdated? Do ANY of the mod developers bother updating their work? It either must be ridiculously hassling to update the mods for every new version because of poor modding tools or they are just weary of the EA like most people.
Most seem to be abandoned for that reason. A lot of them get updated by other people. People are still working on quite big mods but from what I see some of them saying the tools aren't working properly.

This will probably also improve the ai when players start pointing out inconsistencies betweem what clans state and what the situtation is in the world map.

Any idea when we might hope to see it in the game? (even just a guess?)

Last edited:
Can't come a second too soon! That's great news! All of this power and finally the means to wield it!

Please do not expect big changes. As you know clan / kingdom micromanagement will only consist of 4 additions, but even these are not much it will help improving gameplay :

1) Changing your clan parties behavior priority (defensive / default / agressive) when you set them defensive they will not do any raid, siege. Setting them agressive will increase probability of selecting hostile actions for them.
2) Limiting wages of your clan parties (including garrisons) so they will stop getting more men or upgrading troops when limit is reached. If limit is past somehow they will disband slowly till limit is reached.
3) Auto recruitment, so your town and castle garrison will recruit 1 troop per day from around villages or town's notables.
4) When you are king you can set your kingdom's clan parties prioritized behavior (again defensive / default / agreesive) when you set them defensive this will not stop your clan parties to do hostile actions but probability will be reduced.

We could not make prioritized targets / locations to be accepted unfortunately. Thats all for now.

Please do not expect big changes. As you know clan / kingdom micromanagement will only consist of 4 additions, but even these are not much it will help improving gameplay :

1) Changing your clan parties behavior priority (defensive / default / agressive) when you set them defensive they will not do any raid, siege. Setting them agressive will increase probability of selecting hostile actions for them.
2) Limiting wages of your clan parties (including garrisons) so they will stop getting more men or upgrading troops when limit is reached. If limit is past somehow they will disband slowly till limit is reached.
3) Auto recruitment, so your town and castle garrison will recruit 1 troop per day from around villages or town's notables.
4) When you are king you can set your kingdom's clan parties prioritized behavior (again defensive / default / agreesive) when you set them defensive this will not stop your clan parties to do hostile actions but probability will be reduced.

We could not make prioritized targets / locations to be accepted unfortunately. Thats all for now.
Sounds good, but is it possible to turn the garrison auto recruitment off too? Don't want those imperial bums eating all my food!

Back
Top Bottom