Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

Users who are viewing this thread

By the way, does the tag In Progress mean they are looking into this?
In progress sadly doesn't mean they are looking into it. I set it as In progress,because there are some fixes which you can try (if you haven't already) to resolve the issue, but it isn't entirely fixed for everyone or for the majority of the people having this issue.

Same my dude. From literally when I got it until about November I had literally 1 or 2 issues which I got fixed pretty easily. Now I have coil whining and this issue. As you also mentioned every mod I played also had no issues. Some people say to set your mouse polling rate to 125, but it doesn't completely remove the issue it only suppresses it. And yes it is either a driver issue, cuz some people got it fixed by driver updates, or a Windows Update issue which fixed it for other people.Same stuff also my friends are playing everything perfectly. Only 1 of my friends has this.
So playing last night, the issue recurred twice after about 1-2 hours of play, both times were resolved by simply restarting my PC. I wish this solution worked for everyone. And it is very weird that people we know play this the exact same way on the same OS with the same drivers but dont have the same issue. Ill never understand technology. If I learn more Ill let you know. I wish you the best in your quest to fix this bull****.

EDIT: its also f******* stupid that to play this, I have to destroy my PC by restarting it 5 times a day. Unreal. I think I recall having this issue with Counter Strike Source, NO idea how I fixed it though. I really should start writing things down.

I suggest you simply don't play...Let Nvidia fix the issue after 5 years or simply let Windows finally make an update that somehow fixes it. Idk anymore. Go on Bannerlord if you have it they just launched the Sandbox update.

I don't think if this helps or not, but while playing Warband in my PC i found this issue, I didn't run into this while playing it in my laptop.
Specs of my PC: RTX 3070 8gb, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x, 144Hz screen
Specs of my laptop: GTX 1050 3gb, Intel i7-1065G7, 60Hz screen

Edit: BTW, i just updated windows and i am going to try to play and see if the issue is magically solved, but after reading the notes of the update i don't find it possible...
Edit 2: the update didn't solve anything at all...

Last edited:
Quick question to anyone having this issue. Have you changed your font size to 85 or anything else? My buddy did not have an issue until he changed the font size to 85 and the issue occured for the first time for him soon after. Default is 70 btw

EDIT: Just changed mine back to default. Didnt fix anything, maybe changing it ****s the game until reinstall? If someone wants to give that a shot go for it but im guessing its just an old game on new software. What a shame. Ill probably get a cheapass PC with Windows XP on it for older games like this. The future is now lads, and I dont like it x(

New drivers and windows updates. Ive played all day and havnt noticed the issue. Weird.

EDIT: Yeah you guessed it. After a literal half a day of playing, it randomly happened. Thankfully I noticed the exact moment it happened, as I clicked on "marketplace" in a city and started buying a **** ton of grain rapidly, holding CTRL. Hopefully we can start connecting the dots here

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought I was having performance issues in my mod presentations, but it was the cursor being visible.

I still am free from the issue in Warband, where I performed the YoloMouse experiment, but In 1.011, WFaS, Caribbean and Gloria Sinica the issue persists.

The program must change a per-program variable somewhere inside Windows to allow YM to work that fixes the software cursor bug.

I'll take a peak into the old github to see if the program actually does something like that.

After taking a peek, I realized it is way out of my league to try to understand how any of that **** works so I messaged the devs on Reddit and we'll see if he has any idea why running YM on a program might change the cursor behavior afterwards.

Last edited:
The fix is simple, just install 436.15:
You most likely will need to make a clean install, because I am not even sure it will allow you to install an older version over a newer one. This will erase all NVidia settings, if you ever changed them.
Additionally, if you play GTA, this should also fix constant crashes, if you still have them. At least it worked for me 1.5 years ago when NVidia broke something. (I see a pattern here... ?)

Last edited:
I'm on 456 something currently, and thank you so much I will do a clean install and let you know if it fixed anything.

Edit: As I expected it didn't fix it with a clean install standard drivers.

Last edited:
I'm on 456 something currently, and thank you so much I will do a clean install and let you know if it fixed anything.

Edit: As I expected it didn't fix it with a clean install standard drivers.
Well that's weird now... It started for me exactly when I decided to update my drivers, and was fixed once I've installed older drivers.

Last edited:
Hello I have been having the same problem as well and a youtube video has provided a fix for this that doesn't require the use of previous drivers I hope this works for you guys as well.

My cursor flickering returned last weekend. I just went through taskmanager and I had six instances of Nvidia Container opened, after closing them all it's now 100% working.

Hello I have been having the same problem as well and a youtube video has provided a fix for this that doesn't require the use of previous drivers I hope this works for you guys as well.
I tried this and got this idea exactly from her on discord, and I have listed it on the first page...
I closed all of them as NinjaMan mentioned now I will try again and inform you of the results.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom