Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone else unable to save settings? I just reinstalled the game and every time I launch it I have to readjust the brightness and whatnot and then change the fps, screen mode, graphics options, troop count, attack and block, etc.
What version of the game are you playing and are you using any mods? If the below doesn't fix it report this bug by posting a thread here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/singleplayer.658/
Try going to C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs and deleting the below files. Warning, this will reset all of your in-game settings.
LauncherData.xml, engine_config.txt, editor_config.txt, BannerlordConfig.txt

I know it sounds odd but, why do i need troops to get a quest? I mean i can single handedly complete most of the quest in the old version, now i have to travel with 20+ peasants who can only slow me down, you guys ruin all the fun :grin:

Can we have a dialog option like "Look, i know i dont have enough soilders and i know it's dangerous. Just shut up and give me the quest!" ?

BTW the "bastard sword" cant not be swtiched between 1 hand & 2 hands, not sure if it's just me.

I know it sounds odd but, why do i need troops to get a quest? I mean i can single handedly complete most of the quest in the old version, now i have to travel with 20+ peasants who can only slow me down, you guys ruin all the fun :grin:

Can we have a dialog option like "Look, i know i dont have enough soilders and i know it's dangerous. Just shut up and give me the quest!" ?

BTW the "bastard sword" cant not be swtiched between 1 hand & 2 hands, not sure if it's just me.
Yeah they need to revise the (or just eliminate?) the quest requirements if they expect players to do the quests.
"you don't have enough men..." Oh that's sound like the what the garrison of the town I just took said too, what do you know 'headman'?
"You need a companion 150 trade to do this quest" to buy ****ing cows? But you own 40 cows then!
"You need a companion with 150 in all 3 melee skills...." NO NO I DON'T!
:You have a quest that might conlfict...." **** I'm multitasking!

So it's like Warband? 1H with shield, 2H without?
maybe it broke something so they are fixing it but idk
I'm guessing that MP players complained that their Vlandian sergeants wouldn't switch to 2 handed when their shield broke..... (or wouldn't use shield?)so instead of fixing that they removed the ability so it just automictically is 1 handed with shield, 2 handed without.

This is a great idea. The game should avoid artificial constraints, but could warn you that you don't look prepared and are likely to get smashed. Ultimately it should be your choice to go for it. The quest giver could say "okay, but here's a keg of vaseline if you get captured".

This is a great idea. The game should avoid artificial constraints, but could warn you that you don't look prepared and are likely to get smashed. Ultimately it should be your choice to go for it. The quest giver could say "okay, but here's a keg of vaseline if you get captured".
Don't worry Headman, if it doesn't workout I will magically time travel back to before I took the quest and go do something else.

Yeah they need to revise the (or just eliminate?) the quest requirements if they expect players to do the quests.
"you don't have enough men..." Oh that's sound like the what the garrison of the town I just took said too, what do you know 'headman'?
"You need a companion 150 trade to do this quest" to buy ****ing cows? But you own 40 cows then!
:grin:
They also decide you can't train troops when you have a full roster, even though you have qualified companions who you want to use for this. Meaning you must disband some troops first (reported that first in the 1.5.4 beta). The game also wont let you know companion requirements if you don't have companions. And it doesn't show you dispatched parties (for quests), so you have to guess about your party limit.

I posted a suggestion to clean up or remove quest requirements in the suggestions section 5 months ago, but so far no luck.

I'm guessing that MP players complained that their Vlandian sergeants wouldn't switch to 2 handed when their shield broke..... (or wouldn't use shield?)so instead of fixing that they removed the ability so it just automictically is 1 handed with shield, 2 handed without.
Maybe a good solution would be the following: skills shouldn't be a requirement, but a companion with high skills would complete the task faster...

agree, the quest requirements for companions aren't ok, it's a reason why I stopped sending companions on quests. I would rather take a failure % chance the less skills the companion has compared to an "ideal" amount rather than this system... Showing a fail % chance would be cool, depending on the number of troops you give your companion and his skills. For example if a companion with very poor skills has a 50% chance of completing a task with 10 troops, then doubling the amount of troops might raise that chance to 70-80% or so depending on the task (there would be quests where troops amount/quality is more important, and quests where companion skill is more important, each having a bigger effect on success chance depending on quest nature). So, if the companion's skills are ok and troop amount/quality is fine he should have a very high chance of success, up to 90-100%, while poor skills and very low number of troops = 0-20% success chance (sending a companion by himself in a quest where he requires 10-20 troops should of course be a very, very low success chance even if his skills are godlike, but not 0% because success with such a low chance would be a "wow" factor, boosting that player dopamine if it ever happens. This "gambling" aspect can severely improve the system imo, which right now just feels very artificial, like you mentioned npcs telling you "you don't have enough men". That should be for the player to judge, not a random farmer npc. And as all things in life, chance exists, so it would be realistic if some quests, even if conditions are properly met, could fail. (very low chance of course). If we would also have some reasons for failure (small description of what went wrong), I'd absolutely love that.

Last edited:
Very true lol. None of these requirements make the game more fun or challenging.

agree, the quest requirements for companions aren't ok, it's a reason why I stopped sending companions on quests. I would rather take a failure % chance the less skills the companion has compared to an "ideal" amount rather than this system... Showing a fail % chance would be cool, depending on the number of troops you give your companion and his skills. For example if a companion with very poor skills has a 50% chance of completing a task with 10 troops, then doubling the amount of troops might raise that chance to 70-80% or so depending on the task (there would be quests where troops amount/quality is more important, and quests where companion skill is more important, each having a bigger effect on success chance depending on quest nature). So, if the companion's skills are ok and troop amount/quality is fine he should have a very high chance of success, up to 90-100%, while poor skills and very low number of troops = 0-20% success chance (sending a companion by himself in a quest where he requires 10-20 troops should of course be a very, very low success chance even if his skills are godlike, but not 0% because success with such a low chance would be a "wow" factor, boosting that player dopamine if it ever happens. This "gambling" aspect can severely improve the system imo, which right now just feels very artificial, like you mentioned npcs telling you "you don't have enough men". That should be for the player to judge, not a random farmer npc. And as all things in life, chance exists, so it would be realistic if some quests, even if conditions are properly met, could fail. (very low chance of course). If we would also have some reasons for failure (small description of what went wrong), I'd absolutely love that.

I think having tiers for the quests that the player could choose from might even help? The current scaling of quest difficulty/companion trait by the player level makes it pretty hard to train up a new companion. Something like:
  • Entry required (or suggested requirement, as you’re saying) level with 0.5x reward
  • Intermediate required (or suggested) level skill requirement with 1x reward
  • Advanced required (or suggested) level skill requirement with 1.5x reward

And maybe the amount of reward/XP might vary based on the companions level. So an expert companion would get little from the entry level, but a new companion might gain a lot from the advanced of its successful. Really I think I’m saying the same thing.

Maybe a good solution would be the following: skills shouldn't be a requirement, but a companion with high skills would complete the task faster...
I think having tiers for the quests that the player could choose from might even help? The current scaling of quest difficulty/companion trait by the player level makes it pretty hard to train up a new companion. Something like:
  • Entry required (or suggested requirement, as you’re saying) level with 0.5x reward
  • Intermediate required (or suggested) level skill requirement with 1x reward
  • Advanced required (or suggested) level skill requirement with 1.5x reward

And maybe the amount of reward/XP might vary based on the companions level. So an expert companion would get little from the entry level, but a new companion might gain a lot from the advanced of its successful. Really I think I’m saying the same thing.
Yeah I'd like that too. I think the main problem with it now is how out of touch the requirement are with how NPC wanderers actually are and how little they grow in skills. Like they just made something up without knowing what skill spreads usually look like or they looked at a lord's and saw they have 200 in all combat skills and think that's' normal. The there's the ones that just scale out of control, like the "buy me stuff ones" at first they okay but soon they want a companion with unrealistic trade and amounts of things that are just too much for the player in a timely manner. Sometimes there just aren't 40 cows too.

Yeah I'd like that too. I think the main problem with it now is how out of touch the requirement are with how NPC wanderers actually are and how little they grow in skills. Like they just made something up without knowing what skill spreads usually look like or they looked at a lord's and saw they have 200 in all combat skills and think that's' normal. The there's the ones that just scale out of control, like the "buy me stuff ones" at first they okay but soon they want a companion with unrealistic trade and amounts of things that are just too much for the player in a timely manner. Sometimes there just aren't 40 cows too.
I think this is broken now, I never get to assign companions with trade skill in 1.5.9, the game tells me I have none even if they are above the skill requirements.

i wish this and the insane smithing rework and the marriage system overhaul will be their 1 year surprise =)

Back
Top Bottom