Users who are viewing this thread

This is a minor issue, but for people like me, who like to spend a lot of time in the character creation menu making sure every facial feature is adjusted (near) perfectly, the movements the character make can become quite annoying.

When I play an rpg game that has indept character customization, most of the time for my first playthrough I try to create the most accurate portrayal of myself. For other playthroughs I like to RP as a historic or fictional hero. The more accurate the character looks the greater the immersion is(for me) therefore the greater the enjoyment (for me at least).
I know that every game's character creation has its limitations and it is impossible to create perfectly realistic characters. That is fine, BUT idle animations in the character creation menu make it significantly more difficult, and most importantly MUCH more frustrating.
I know for the majority of players the character customization aspect of the game is irrelevant, but I am sure that there are many others like me, who enjoy it.

My suggestion for the game would be a small quality of life improvement: add a toggle button or check box that let us toggle idle animations ON/OFF
I do not have any experience in game development but I would imagine that for professional game developers this would be a simple addition to the game.

Any opinions?

[...]

Any opinions?
No doubt a minor thing, but a small idle pause button would be a small step up in terms of QoL. That said, let me comment on something that may be a temporary solution, which I've been using for a while now.

There are many things to criticize the game, however it is much more tweak/modding friendly than its predecessors; and that is to be commended. Of course, those idles can be "tweaked", it's very easy.

Take a look at this video to see what I'm talking about:

If you like the result, proceed with this:

1.- Go to the Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData folder.
2.- Make a backup of the action_sets.xml file.
2.- With the simple Notepad open the file action_sets.xml
3.- Find the following lines and replace what is marked in red with the green one

<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="inventory_idle_start" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="inventory_idle" />
<action type="act_character_developer_idle" animation="character_developer_idle" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="anim_male_custom" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="anim_male_custom" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="anim_female_custom_start" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="anim_female_custom" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="anim_childhood_honor" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="anim_childhood_honor" />
<action type="act_character_developer_idle" animation="_visual_test_morph_animation" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="_visual_test_morph_animation" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="_visual_test_morph_animation" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="_visual_test_morph_animation" />

If inside the character editor, you change the teeth, or try a voice, the character will be bugged smiling or making strange gestures; don't worry. Click undo and click redo to reset the pose and keep editing.

It works for me, I hope it will help you while we wait for that pause button ? ? .

No doubt a minor thing, but a small idle pause button would be a small step up in terms of QoL. That said, let me comment on something that may be a temporary solution, which I've been using for a while now.

There are many things to criticize the game, however it is much more tweak/modding friendly than its predecessors; and that is to be commended. Of course, those idles can be "tweaked", it's very easy.

Take a look at this video to see what I'm talking about:

If you like the result, proceed with this:

1.- Go to the Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData folder.
2.- Make a backup of the action_sets.xml file.
2.- With the simple Notepad open the file action_sets.xml
3.- Find the following lines and replace what is marked in red with the green one

<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="inventory_idle_start" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="inventory_idle" />
<action type="act_character_developer_idle" animation="character_developer_idle" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="anim_male_custom" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="anim_male_custom" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="anim_female_custom_start" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="anim_female_custom" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle_start" animation="anim_childhood_honor" />
<action type="act_inventory_idle" animation="anim_childhood_honor" />
<action type="act_character_developer_idle" animation="_visual_test_morph_animation" />

If inside the character editor, you change the teeth, or try a voice, the character will be bugged smiling or making strange gestures; don't worry. Click undo and click redo to reset the pose and keep editing.

It works for me, I hope it will help you while we wait for that pause button ? ? .

Thank you! This helps a lot.
I was sure that this would be possible by tweaking the game files, but since I don't have much experience in it I just couldn't figure it out.
It will save me a lot of frustration. I'm very greatful for your help!
Thanks a lot.☺️

Back
Top Bottom