Midgame gameplay suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems like midgame gameplay is really boring right now. We need more ways to build our own kingdom if we trying to play independently from the main factions(Kingdoms).
I think it would be a good idea to have some abandoned villages maybe even castles that we can buy (or just take without starting a war with a major faction).
Also would be nice to have some small and independent (from main Kingdoms) clans that we can (fight, trade, conquer) without declaring war on the entire faction.
That would make midgame and entire independent gameplay more logical and enjoyable.

Last edited:
You can buy fiefs once you're at 300 trade.

Hey, 300 trade... there's something you can aspire to mid game. Might want to set up a long movie to watch while you grind that out over a thousand in game days...

You can buy fiefs once you're at 300 trade.

Hey, 300 trade... there's something you can aspire to mid game. Might want to set up a long movie to watch while you grind that out over a thousand in game days...
That is not the point, you can grind pretty much everything in the game. I'm talking about more logical diverse and more interesting gameplay.
What we have now is one day you are a homeless bum with 60 men, next day you own half of the game map because u grind something))
There is nothing much to do except grinding. We missing that step between bum and king...

I agree, really more alternative play stuff for mid and late game would be great, just more to do and other ways to progress besides vassal or ruler or wiping the AI off the map. I hate the kingdom management because you can't order or control anything, it's just endless war. Your vassals don't even feel like 'your' vassals.

It seems like midgame gameplay is really boring right now. We need more ways to build our own kingdom if we trying to play independently from the main factions(Kingdoms).
I think it would be a good idea to have some abandoned villages maybe even castles that we can buy (or just take without starting a war with a major faction).
Also would be nice to have some small and independent (from main Kingdoms) clans that we can (fight, trade, conquer) without declaring war on the entire faction.
That would make midgame and entire independent gameplay more logical and enjoyable.
While I like this suggestion, I can't really see this being possible anytime soon. Since its not an easy fix and there are so many other things that the devs and community are prioritizing right now like modding tools, multiplayer, and other necessary base game mechanics and fixes.

This is actually a pretty good idea. Haven't done a singleplayer run for about half a year, is it worth trying again?
I've actually heard that a bunch of bugs have popped up and their currently trying to get it fixed. Also I would wait until they get the new terrain system up within the next couple of patch notes before starting a new campaign

You can always pick off rebels, their role fits your suggestion perfectly.
If there are not enough rebellions, maybe you could instigate some.
Rebel fraction is a good addition to the game. I started a new game, but I haven't seen one yet. And again I still think we need something to control on a smaller scale (Like the village, castle, or something small enough that would slow down your progress but still reward you). So we wouldn't lose the feel of progression throughout the game. Right now, as soon as you get your first city, the game starts to go downhill, it gets boring and grindy.

While I like this suggestion, I can't really see this being possible anytime soon. Since its not an easy fix and there are so many other things that the devs and community are prioritizing right now like modding tools, multiplayer, and other necessary base game mechanics and fixes.
You're right, there are way too many things to do for them)) But at some point, they better start adding new features. It is almost a year since the beta release, and to be honest I don't see much progress(as far as the new content).

I've actually heard that a bunch of bugs have popped up and their currently trying to get it fixed. Also I would wait until they get the new terrain system up within the next couple of patch notes before starting a new campaign.
I wouldn't wait for those new battle maps. It's not clear when they will make how many of them. Assuming that you'll get all of them in a month or two is very optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom