Bannerlord Online mod

Users who are viewing this thread

In the beginning, I was quite sceptical, but I tried the mod a couple of minutes ago and frankly, it's quite smooth - even tho I got a crash, everything seems to be working fine as long as you don't push the limits like me. Great achievement, really.

Also, it's sad because TW actually worked on Co-op implementation - not even Online like this and they failed to make it right. This guy/team single-handedly transformed the game into MMORPG - even with adding extra features(farming etc) that people would like to see even in the SP only.
Of course, it's more problematic for TW to create a Co-op while CI (Continous Integration) going on, but after failing and dropping the idea, making multiple "Co-op is pointless, how will it even gonna work" type of statements is just sad and shows their need of trying to find a scapegoat. This mod shows that idea isn't impossible and not just that but also smooth gaming is achievable. It also shows what a huge potential TW is actually wasting.

Also for those who say that this is not co-op but mmo, they are right, but in theory they are more or less same and if main-server logic can be transferred to LAN/Local Hosting then it's basically done. I'm pretty sure co-op modders are already checking it's code. And both mods will be great.

Normally I would say TW probably gonna try to find an excuse and shut it down, especially after seeing that one single guy is providing a way better and smooth gaming experience than their team but since this mod was actually a huge success in this short time, they might not want to be that hostile.

This mod is the future of the game. When PvP and proper systems are in that let you immerse yourself and feel like living in a medieval era of wars and diplomacy, this is going to be it. If they implement a system with stats too like CRPG/Mercs had, it's going to be the top choice of many people who play multiplayer providing unity to many fanbases. RPG/Co-op/PvPers/Farmers etc. I am astonished by how 1 modder managed to make something interesting and TW has failed in every single aspect of their MP implementation. Hire this guy TW and dont **** his creative direction up.

The mod crashed a few times on me even with top-notch hardware, but has otherwise been surprisingly smooth, considering all the instancing between different scenes and the world map. It shows its potential as a persistent RP server with the farming and money earning scripts, and I hope to being able to pledge my allegiance as a soldier to one of the factions in the future. This mod has been discussed on our community discord already, and some NW regiments will be aware of the mod by now.

Unfortunately, the reverse engineering which might've taken place in order to create this mod might lead to issues. TWs silence tells me they're either still debating whether to bless this creation, regret not making something like this instead of E-SPORT, COMPETITIVE GAME MODES, or in the middle of getting the mod DMCA'd the **** from the internet (moddb).

800 slot multiplayer server, playing on the single player campaign, I mean this is exactly what i wanted from bannerlord, I hope the TW dev's support these mad lads.
The dev's got upset about someone on the forum changing some numerical values in the files to make combat more fluid in multiplayer and stated they don't want people doing their work for them after it was suggested they use the edits by the community.

So there's probably a cease and desist being filed right now for the dodgy custom server.

The most Impressive thing so far besides the coop element, is the fact that the server has over 500+ people on it without any problems and yet you try to have 120 people on a siege server and it crashes.
Idk how they are doing it but it has my attention, imagine a mod like persistent world with over 500+ people... How epic would it be?

The most Impressive thing so far besides the coop element, is the fact that the server has over 500+ people on it without any problems and yet you try to have 120 people on a siege server and it crashes.
Idk how they are doing it but it has my attention, imagine a mod like persistent world with over 500+ people... How epic would it be?
It's probably less of an issue tracking people on the world map. You just have to update everyone's location along with their party info. Lag could just be smoothed out and wouldn't be as noticeable.

When everyone is in the same scene together, there is a lot more going on.

He could have potentially reversed engineered things.
Yeah, and we all know how that usually ends up since that's how you typically crack games and how private servers has come into existence in the past.

I think TaleWorlds should have oversight with this mod though, but they certainly won't unless it requires a legitimate copy of the game, upholds the new private server monetisation policy and enforces basic non-discriminatory rules. But I haven't had the time or possiblity to tick those boxes off myself for obvious reasons. There's lack of an easily accessible and public terms of service in M&B-titles, as they tend to redirect us to the forum rules, so there's that.

Last edited:
He could have potentially reversed engineered things.
Is there any leaked official server-code that he can reverse engineer? As far as I know no.
And yes, I'm aware of the fact that Mister is cockblocked by TW with really childish excuses like "you are promoting a better MP" etc but what this guy did isn't different than any other mod in the nexus mods. If this is illegal, the entire nexusmods section should be illegal because all of us used reverse engineering to see game code with dnSpy/dotPeek etc.

Is there any leaked official server-code that he can reverse engineer? As far as I know no.
And yes, I'm aware of the fact that Mister is cockblocked by TW with really childish excuses like "you are promoting a better MP" etc but what this guy did isn't different than any other mod in the nexus mods. If this is illegal, the entire nexusmods section should be illegal because all of us used reverse engineering to see game code with dnSpy/dotPeek etc.
The same way some companies don't sue you for altering a game because it benefits them and because they look away unless it bothers them

even with adding extra features(farming etc) that people would like to see even in the SP only.
agreed, it might look like simple things, but I'd love to just go in a village and be able to chop some wood to get free hardwood for my time, and farm to get some coins or a share of the food that I planted. Small features like this give a game life... even if it's not the "meta" or best use of your time, sometimes it can just be relaxing, like fishing and other activities are in games. I hope in the future we will have more side-activities to do, but I'm sure modders will add tons anyway

Back
Top Bottom