Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

Warriors of Calradia,

It is time to share another update on some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Just like before, stability and performance will continue to be a top priority for us. Beyond that, you will find some of our other goals listed below. Please note that this includes both broad and specific, as well as, shorter and longer term priorities.

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions
    • Improvements to Rebellions & Kingdomless Clans
    • Abdication
  • Character System
    • We will continue to fix and balance perks.
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
    • Revisiting Cultural Bonuses
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Further Improvements to the Issue Creation Algorithm
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Scene Notifications
  • Player Clan Party AI directives
  • Army & Party AI Improvements
  • Crafting Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Balancing Security and Loyalty
    • Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles
    • Economy
    • Pillaging Effects & Rebellion Dynamics
    • Captivity Balance & Player Choice
  • Sandbox Mode
  • Game Difficulty Tweaks
    • Ironman Mode
  • Adjustments to Death & Inheritance

Combat, Cameras, Animations & More
  • Lord’s Hall Fight
  • Prison Break
  • Performance improvements and optimizations for combat.
  • Siege AI & Formation Improvements
  • Spear Bracing
    • AI Implementation
  • Friendly Fire adjustments for Horses
  • Accuracy adjustments for ranged weapons (especially crossbows) when moving
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle system.
  • Improvements to the way the world map interacts with field battles
  • Sally Out Mission Implementation
  • Player Movement Animation Improvements
  • Board Game Improvements
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • New music for taverns.
  • New ambient sounds for settlement menus.
  • Sound occlusion

UI/UX
  • Crafting UI Improvements
  • Clan and Kingdom screen Improvements
  • Significant Performance & Usability Improvements
  • Gamepad usability improvements

Art
  • Adding new scenes and improving existing ones.
    • Towns, Castles & Villages
    • Hideouts
    • Field Battles
  • Weapon scabbards improvements.
  • Additional new armor and costumes.
  • New tavern illustrations.
  • New music instruments
  • Improvements to existing assets.

Engine
  • Fixing crashes and bugs for the stable & beta versions.
  • Performance & smoother gameplay improvements.
    • Terrain performance improvements for the World Map.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding tools bug fixes & improvements based on user feedback.
  • Modding tools documentation improvements.

Other
  • Localization related work

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone, and we will adjust them if the need arises.

Good to hear. However, I don't understand why TaleWorlds doesn't just incorporate some of the more popular mods into the core game. Mods like Cultured Start allow players to customize their play throughs and give the game longevity and appeal since every game can be different. TaleWorlds is doing a great job updating the game and fixing bugs, but TL seems to move at a snail's pace when it comes to adopting mods that people become dependant on to play. Some of the mods on the Nexus (like the one where you can interact and help raided villages) should have been part of the game right out of the box. There are a lot of really good game concepts introduced by modders that enrich the game that TL should be looking at to implement into the core game.

@Duh_TaleWorlds any idea the chance for a feature like Telepathy's messenger pigeons to be eventually implemented? Late game is difficult to find the time to chase everyone around to talk with them while managing a kingdom. I've never hired a mercenary because its not worth wasting the time to track them down. The AI kingdoms are clearly not following the same rule of having to meet them in person, so if we are following the thread of having the AI and players play by the same rules something similar needs to be added for the player. Just curious if this is still a possibility or if its been rejected already?

Last edited:
I don't think that there will be a telepathy type option. Yes it increases QoL but it also detracts from the players own interactions with the world.

Nonetheless, some improvements may be made. For instance, we recently discussed an option to barter for your captive clan members via a settlement's prisoner broker. Maybe a similar solution (with representatives in reliable locations) could be found for mercenaries. I will add the topic to the suggestion list.

Players; we want a mobile phone network so we can talk to our friends.
Duh: best I can do is a fixed phone network.
Modders: well now we need to put mobile phones in all our mods, thanks Armagan.

I don't think that there will be a telepathy type option. Yes it increases QoL but it also detracts from the players own interactions with the world.
I disagree that it detracts from the players interactions with the world, in my personal experience having to drop everything I'm doing just to chase someone around for days following encyclopedia updates just makes me feel like something is missing. If something was implemented, to balance it out I would add the optional limitations that the mod includes like forcing you to meet that person before being able to send messages. That would make the initial main quest have more importance and reward players for that effort. You could limit it to be only used once you become king (another reason to strive to become king). You could also add in a bonus to charm or a negation based on if you are in person or sent a messenger. It just seems contradictory to use the players request for more player interaction in the world to cut off this feature, when at the same time you guys made the design choice to make it unnecessary to step foot into a town scene for the exact same kind of QOL (letting players choose how they want to spend their time, I actually prefer it like this).

Nonetheless, some improvements may be made. For instance, we recently discussed an option to barter for your captive clan members via a settlement's prisoner broker. Maybe a similar solution (with representatives in reliable locations) could be found for mercenaries. I will add the topic to the suggestion list.
Good to hear, as I do think the mercenary issue should be solved separately from a messenger system. Personally I've made a suggestion for a mercenary centric menu . But I'll take anything that makes hiring them obtainable.

As always thanks for taking the time to provide some more info and your consideration of the subject. (y)

You´re wrong on this one in my opinion.

I also don´t bother to hire any merc clan, the time investment is just too huge, as Blood Gryphon already said.

It´s not just a QoL feature. It´s needed to make Bannerlord more playable in the late game "wack-a-mole" kind of game that we have right now.

Maybe we would have more time if we can command our parties/vassals, which is also a very important feature which should be in the game right now.

I sometimes really wonder if "you" (not you personally) play the game that we have right now, especially the late game and say something like "Yes, this is totally fine and working as expected and intended."

Like when you´re the king and all your villages beeing constantly raided while your vassals / parties travel all around the world to do some "unimportant" stuff while you´re the only sane person in your kingdom that tries to defend the kingdom.

I agree that some things in the game require too much micro management, but I think that the landline option is an acceptable compromise. And do keep in mind that that's just my take. Who knows, maybe it will go a different avenue entirely.

I agree that some things in the game require too much micro management, but I think that the landline option is an acceptable compromise. And do keep in mind that that's just my take. Who knows, maybe it will go a different avenue entirely.
A landline or pigeon/Raven network would suit the setting, an instant messenger telepathy kind of breaks immersion for me, but I find a always install that mod, because of the above mentioned reasons. Travelling around the map following a magical encyclopaedia is a worse solution. In general, when you become king the gameplay can use opening up more options to interact with the world. A new stage of influence over the game world.

Maybe mercenaries should have a limited number of representatives that spawn just in the head of a faction’s towns. And they could rotate through factions at different parts of the year or based on what they perceive as need such as a war going poorly for a faction. It’d loop back to having a purpose as the head of a faction with having people come offer their services at the player’s fief. I wonder how my line of thinking would play through if it applied to the AI factions as well.

I’ve been starting a new game after each new beta version so I rarely get to that level right now, but it feels like a balance between needing more access to wandering mercenaries and instant communication.

Could we just possibly make it where clans will come for work to your country? Its absolutely annoying to have to go talk to clans. If you have an amazing reputation of winning countless battles and taking care of clans under your leadership why wouldn't clans be looking to join you instead of you having to pay them millions to join you when most are struggling to keep up under the country they are in. And maybe have merc companies come to you and ask if you need them. As he stated i've yet to hire one cause the whole deal with tracking down the leader is just absolutely annoying.

Most the times you find a clan leader you are friendly with to walk across the map to find out they in an army and wont talk to you about it. Its highly frustrating when you first get a kingdom going. I usually just restart not to long after getting a kingdom going because its such a hassle to play the rng game to get lords to join you.

Sorry just see the real problem as being all clans as a whole over just the merc companies.

The raven idea would be great. I wouldn't even mind waiting for days for another raven to return. As long as i dont have to go majorly out of my way to talk to them. What could be really great here is if you sent a raven asking for a meeting in your hall. Have the lord you want to delegate with come to your throne room, giving another chance to have a reason to set foot in it.

Last edited:
Could we just possibly make it where clans will come for work to your country? Its absolutely annoying to have to go talk to clans. If you have an amazing reputation of winning countless battles and taking care of clans under your leadership why wouldn't clans be looking to join you instead of you having to pay them millions to join you when most are struggling to keep up under the country they are in. And maybe have merc companies come to you and ask if you need them. As he stated i've yet to hire one cause the whole deal with tracking down the leader is just absolutely annoying.
Sounds good as an additional option to the landline option! And it makes sense!

Hey, good afternoon!

Hmm, so when can we expect development on the diplomacy feature? I'm crazy to see this

A landline or pigeon/Raven network would suit the setting, an instant messenger telepathy kind of breaks immersion for me, but I find a always install that mod, because of the above mentioned reasons. Travelling around the map following a magical encyclopaedia is a worse solution. In general, when you become king the gameplay can use opening up more options to interact with the world. A new stage of influence over the game world.
+1 my sentiments exactly.

Excellent idea, anything to make players want to visit scenes
Man i'd do anything to have more reasons to go into towns and castles. They are so well done. Its a shame to just not interact with them. Have to say though the prison break thing is kinda fun. Hope we get a lot more of stuff like that. Had to craft a short sword for doing them.

I also keep trying to push for a feature where you sit on your throne your town notables will come to you with problems you can solve. Thing it would really bring to the immersion. Once im king would just be nice to sit back and feel like one occasionally.

The Telepathy mod does have an option to make the time it takes to reach someone dependent on the distance.

Don't want an instant messenger service but some sort of messenger system seems totally reasonable. Especially when you're a king or an emperor, it seems silly to have to run around to try and speak to your subjects. There could be limits on who could send one to whom, so as a randomer you couldn't send one to a ruler. Maybe companions could be used as messengers. Maybe instead of instantly talking when the messenger arrives you can arrange a meeting.

I also keep trying to push for a feature where you sit on your throne your town notables will come to you with problems you can solve. Thing it would really bring to the immersion. Once im king would just be nice to sit back and feel like one occasionally.
That would be so cool.

Last edited:
That would be cool, the silverstag mod for warband kinda had this without the sitting thing, once you had a fief from time to time your minister would send you a message with an urgent business to resolve back home, you would come back and have a small quest with a lordly problem to solve it was awesome, would love something on those lines in bannerlord.

For the mercenaries: why can we not advertise our need - by activating a flag in the clan management. Then every town and tavern we meet will spread the word. Finally willing mercenaries should come to us and offer their service.

Back
Top Bottom