[Skirmish] Almost a year of EA anniversary

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a shame that progress is so slow as progress when it does happen is good, the game has improved in the past year, it's just done so in a manner which honestly feels like it could have been condensed into a few weeks, and there have been many setbacks along the way.

The community needs to have more control over the direction of multiplayer, both casual and competitive. The single best change in a year was from a few people tinkering with the files when they could host their own server, then a few weeks of testing that with the community and devs together. If we had that kind of voice for everything we could revamp the game in a few months.

The devs are trying their best but it's clear they either don't have the resources, or the power, to fulfil the promise of multiplayer.

This game is just trash, even after a year
We have had some good updates but the development is going very slow. Now I'm not blaming TaleWorlds since I know it is literally just a couple of dudes working on the actual content that we as a MP community want. Don't forget that A LOT of effort is going into Singleplayer. The smart thing would be to let the community do much more since Bannerlord is a community made game anyways. I've been arguing this since the beginning, if people don't like the class system, it will be modded out first thing once we get the tools. I'm not a coding expert or anything of that sort, but I know the community has some really capable people that will put in the work of TW tenfold or more every week. Thing is that modding doesn't make sense if the core of the game gets edited every time, likely breaking mods etc. I recommend bringing that stable end product ASAP with modding tools so the community can start doing its thing. The output of updates etc. is going to be so much faster because a whole community can just do much more than just a few devs at TW

We have had some good updates but the development is going very slow. Now I'm not blaming TaleWorlds since I know it is literally just a couple of dudes working on the actual content that we as a MP community want. Don't forget that A LOT of effort is going into Singleplayer. The smart thing would be to let the community do much more since Bannerlord is a community made game anyways. I've been arguing this since the beginning, if people don't like the class system, it will be modded out first thing once we get the tools. I'm not a coding expert or anything of that sort, but I know the community has some really capable people that will put in the work of TW tenfold or more every week. Thing is that modding doesn't make sense if the core of the game gets edited every time, likely breaking mods etc. I recommend bringing that stable end product ASAP with modding tools so the community can start doing its thing. The output of updates etc. is going to be so much faster because a whole community can just do much more than just a few devs at TW
LMAO A lot of effort into Singleplayer? I noticed any changes in SP first month after release, after that were just returned things from Warband (and yeah, sorry, but Rebellions is the only big update since release). Optimization is still trash, I had 8gb of RAM on release and I have the same performance now with 16gb, but maybe without that much lags. SP still has fundamental issues, which should have been fixed after a year of EA, like broken economy, broken armour, brroken smithing, workshops, caravans, broken diplomacy. MP is dead, it is a rotten piece of flesh filled only with 2 CoMpEtItIvE PlaYeRs, who dont criticise Bannerlord at all.
That is not the game, that I was hyped for a year ago. Taleworlds promised us EA to be plus minus a year. Haha, with their effort this game will be released in 6 years.

LMAO A lot of effort into Singleplayer? I noticed any changes in SP first month after release, after that were just returned things from Warband (and yeah, sorry, but Rebellions is the only big update since release). Optimization is still trash, I had 8gb of RAM on release and I have the same performance now with 16gb, but maybe without that much lags. SP still has fundamental issues, which should have been fixed after a year of EA, like broken economy, broken armour, brroken smithing, workshops, caravans, broken diplomacy. MP is dead, it is a rotten piece of flesh filled only with 2 CoMpEtItIvE PlaYeRs, who dont criticise Bannerlord at all.
That is not the game, that I was hyped for a year ago. Taleworlds promised us EA to be plus minus a year. Haha, with their effort this game will be released in 6 years.
The input for SP is not measured by saying there are fundamental issues. Besides this, it is also not measured by updates so far, considering that the last development update outlined TW's plans and showed a little of future content. Simply said, if they are working on massive content updates it will not be visible until they actually release that big update. For all I know, they might be making even slower progress than we expect them to. This is because we have no way of knowing how far into the large update content they actually are (that is not the mention the time needed to fix post-update crashes etc. considering that TW usually don't test an update before letting it go live). This has been a constant issue with multiplayer too. Players are happy to see long awaited updates, only to be troubled by crashes, sounds of doom etc. This would not be neccesary if TW took just a little more time testing updates before releasing them. Anyways, who am I to judge this? If this is their preference of operating, then so be it. I for one think its not optimal, but that is just my view on it.

The fact is that they indicated EA to be around a year. This is a statement made by some developers.

However, TW does not do particularly well with comparable statements. Usually time indicatory statements are doubled in time-used in the end.

I am surprised they even told us it would be around a year, since all TW does with most posts is be vague and hyping for no reason.

In spite of this all, I shall join you in your perspective that TW is slow and incorrect in many of their ways. Let us hope for the best!

The input for SP is not measured by saying there are fundamental issues. Besides this, it is also not measured by updates so far, considering that the last development update outlined TW's plans and showed a little of future content. Simply said, if they are working on massive content updates it will not be visible until they actually release that big update. For all I know, they might be making even slower progress than we expect them to. This is because we have no way of knowing how far into the large update content they actually are (that is not the mention the time needed to fix post-update crashes etc. considering that TW usually don't test an update before letting it go live). This has been a constant issue with multiplayer too. Players are happy to see long awaited updates, only to be troubled by crashes, sounds of doom etc. This would not be neccesary if TW took just a little more time testing updates before releasing them. Anyways, who am I to judge this? If this is their preference of operating, then so be it. I for one think its not optimal, but that is just my view on it.

The fact is that they indicated EA to be around a year. This is a statement made by some developers.

However, TW does not do particularly well with comparable statements. Usually time indicatory statements are doubled in time-used in the end.

I am surprised they even told us it would be around a year, since all TW does with most posts is be vague and hyping for no reason.

In spite of this all, I shall join you in your perspective that TW is slow and incorrect in many of their ways. Let us hope for the best!
Thank you for the reply, I love this series and my hope havent died yet :smile:

Gave Skirmish another chance lately, that is what I got:

I cannot put my disapointment in words that battle mode was replaced for this.

Back
Top Bottom