How old are you, and how much you love this game?

How old are you?

• Less 20

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 20-25

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • 25-30

Votes: 58 25.6%
  • 30-35

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • 35-40

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • 40-45

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 45-50

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • More 50

Votes: 19 8.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I am 33 myself and I am kind of in the same boat as @DanAngleland. Although I did have a blast in the first few weeks, I particularly enjoyed playing as a merchant which was unique and rewarding until some of the patches killed it (not really sure how that playstyle is faring in the current patch). To me combat in Bannerlord feels just too clunky when compared to Warband, and between the leveling system and the unsatisfactory gear upgrades the sense of progression just does not feel rewarding. I still hope that some of these issues will be fixed, time will tell I suppose.

Adore this game! Taleworlds are innovative genius' ... to create the game concept (M&B) on a budget and then make this stunningly beautiful work of art.

The only thing I'd like to see is some AI innitiated cutscenes / dialogue like we have for player innitiated scenes (Throne room for settlements / field when otherwise). eg. Messenger arrives with message of attack. Allied army asks to meet at a certain spot and join in an assault, Neutral faction with poor relations requests intentions travelling through lands, Reports of potential betrayal / disertion, Demands of Lords council.

I'm not at all surprised that a huge part of the community is 30+.
I found Warband in 2010 when I was 20, so now 10 years later I am obviously 30.

We gamers aren't getting younger even though we still play games.

Thank you for this interesting post.
I'm 42 and I felt in love with M&B experience 10+ years ago.
The native was already catchy but the experience went beyond everything with all the different mods (AD, TLD, Brytenwalda, etc...).
As you said, Bannerlord is already so addictive that I can't even imagine what we will get in the coming years.
Yesterday I tested the 1.5.9 and I'm getting so much QOL that I played like 3 hours without even noticing it.

I'm 59 been playing wargames since mid 70's, I've always loved to combine strategic movement with tactical battles. I've played over 800 hours and will probably break 2000 at some point, I had about that with Warband and all the other related content. Fire and Sword, and Vikings were my favorites. Pretty easy to guess my favorite music since it's my name.

I wasn't a youngster by any stretch of the imagination when I started playing the original Mount & Blade, and almost certainly put a couple thousand hours into it, with and without mods. Warband and a couple of mods for it have likely taken up another thousand or so. So far, Bannerlord has occupied me only for several minutes on a friend's computer, and I was extremely disappointed at how much the game LOST between WB and BL. In its current sorry state, I seen no reason to play it. To me, visuals are secondary, and won't fix bad design decisions or compensate for lack of content.

Just for the sake of comparison, I had previously sunk close to 5000 hours (most of it while unemployed for close to a year) into a heavily modded TES3: Morrowind, and making a few mods of my own for it. I wasted less than 100 hours on Oblivion before giving up on it, for some of the same reasons that I'm not happy with the direction TW is now heading. The things I disliked about OB were doubled down on in Skyrim, while several more things I liked about Morrowind were removed, or rendered irrelevant, so I never played Skyrim. I'm starting to suspect that if I do buy Bannerlord, it will be when it drops into the under $10 range, and major overhaul mods are available so I don't need to bother with the vanilla experience. Hope lives on, however, so I'm not giving up on the possibility that the developers may actually fix and finish the game (in another 8 years?).

Count me as "well into the 50+ range". My computer game experiences pre-date PC gaming by close to a decade, played on a mainframe and terminal in 1973.

I am 26.

I love this game because it has some magic that not a single game can offer me.

I remember to love Rise & Fall, my favourite strategy game of all times due be able to control a hero in first person. And this game revived that experience again in a much better way.

I really miss rpg and complexity on the game, and I am sure that there are many ways to create this game on a better way, but thats where mods go into action, creating master pieces such as Propeshy of Pendor, that offer me hundred of hours and replayability.

This is simply the only single player game I can play forever and not being bored about it. But I must admit that is 99% thanks mods.

Disclaimer: I am talking about warband mostly, since I dont want to test out bannerlord until it goes out from EA. Still need more content and rpg components to get into the game, I see it atm a fast battle pace action game more than a Strategy game.

I'm 59 been playing wargames since mid 70's, I've always loved to combine strategic movement with tactical battles. I've played over 800 hours and will probably break 2000 at some point, I had about that with Warband and all the other related content. Fire and Sword, and Vikings were my favorites. Pretty easy to guess my favorite music since it's my name.
I still remember spending 5 minutes in Desert Rats or else,a wargame for the ZX Sepectrum, between each turn,looking to a bunch of squares, doing noting. The things change so much since the early 80s, and we can say that we have seen the birth of this industry.

I still remember spending 5 minutes in Desert Rats or else,a wargame for the ZX Sepectrum, between each turn,looking to a bunch of squares, doing noting. The things change so much since the early 80s, and we can say that we have seen the birth of this industry.
Haha, same for Arnhem, trying not to get those British para blinking squares killed.

39 at the time of posting.

How much you love the game?
Bannerlord: not at all, time will tell. Possibly re-check in a year or so. To be fair, I wasn't impressed by Warband either when it came out.
Warband: I have grown to like it, mostly because of mods. Still hate horseback melee though.
Classic: this was love at first sight. I never understood why TW changed the horse combat mechanics during the Warband engine upgrade. To be honest I would still play Classic, if I could make it work with windows 10. There are some very good mods which never made it to Warband.

Classic+warband is among the games I spent the most times with. Probably top 3, with Panzer General 2 (+mods) and the Europa Universalis/Crusader Kings/Victoria series.
It seems my favorites have only one thing common, that is no fixed story. Even though I like good stories (such as Planescape or Witcher 3), but after a few playthroughs there are no more surprises left, so I let them rest for a while. This is not the case with Warband or EU.

36, playing since the first M&B demo
I love the game as it is, but I am at the same time disappointed with the current state. This disappointment comes from seeing the game not reaching it full potential. I am hopeful for the future and can wait a little more for a more polished product with more end game an deeper mechanics. Since Bannerlords announcement I traveled the world (2016, hoping the game would be playable when in got back?), got married and had two kids. I can wait a little longer

59 been playing games since the 70s ok it was board games in those days but soon went on to computer as soon as they came out. got Warband back in 2010 hit over 5000hrs loved the game with the help of mods and being part of the Napoleonic MP online thought at one point i would die of old age before i had a chance to play Bannerlord but then came EA thank god . ok i no there is still alot of work that needs doing and its slowly being done but i love the game and what its going to be like in the end i am already close to 1000hrs i can see myself going way past my Warband 5000hrs and hope to see Napoleonic wars on Bannerlord.

25, and went from extremely excited and pleased with the game to saddened by its progress around the 6 month mark. At this point I'm holding out hope that Bannerlord will be the next No Man's Sky and one day have a massive turn around.

I have a question and i’m serious
Is being +50 affect ur gaming skill negatively
Reflexes and being focused
To put it plainly, are u r dueling skills going down when u r approaching ur 50s and 60s
I assume 50 is not that old but 60 is where the real rust begins

Back
Top Bottom