Do you think 1.5.9 is worth a new playthrough ?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I'm quite tempted... but I think I'm probably going to wait until the 'battlefield terrain system' is at least partially in game before I put in another 50 or so hours .

What do you think? is 1.5.9 worth it?

I really wanted to wait until the battlefield terrain system. I have played through the majority of the game about 4 times now so really should wait until something major comes along. Having said that prisoner escapes look fun; and good god am I glad I won't have to track down nobles to talk about the battle of the pendraic again...

I really wanted to wait until the battlefield terrain system. I have played through the majority of the game about 4 times now so really should wait until something major comes along. Having said that prisoner escapes look fun; and good god am I glad I won't have to track down nobles to talk about the battle of the pendraic again...
Hhaha ... yes indeed, RIP to the pathetically terrible and uninspiring main quest.

I'm hoping that one day a talented modder replaces it with a better story.

Personally not going to bother just yet. Why go through the disappointment again? I will wait until something more substantial comes along.

It's a good patch but i'll still wait for a bit more meat in the game before starting a new serious playthrough, atleast we have sandbox mode now to quickstart without having to wait for cultured starts mod to be updated, gonna be playing sandbox until they flesh out more/revamp the mainquest.

It's a good patch but i'll still wait for a bit more meat in the game before starting a new serious playthrough, atleast we have sandbox mode now to quickstart without having to wait for cultured starts mod to be updated, gonna be playing sandbox until they flesh out more/revamp the mainquest.
I didn't hate the main quest - it just feels abit pointless. Largely M&B is a sandbox game and having a short story tied in didn't add much value to me.

Replay ability is my number 1 concern with games. It's part of the reason I prefer random companions to tailored ones - after my first few play throughs on Warband the little lore snippets the companions had become nuisances.

I didn't hate the main quest - it just feels abit pointless. Largely M&B is a sandbox game and having a short story tied in didn't add much value to me.

Replay ability is my number 1 concern with games. It's part of the reason I prefer random companions to tailored ones - after my first few play throughs on Warband the little lore snippets the companions had become nuisances.
I wouldn't necessarily call it pointless, at least in essence and what it is trying to achieve, but the execution leaves much to be desired.

I agree that auto-generated companions bring more diversity with companions, however, I can't say it's to a great degree because of how repetitive (and, all in all, unconsequential) they can be. In the end, only the names and appearance really change. Hence in my playthroughs they quickly get to the same status of nuisances as in Warband, but without the personality that hand crafted companions had.

Hopefully they get expanded upon down the line.

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat. I started to load 1.5.9, got about 1gb in, and went “meh” before uninstalling again. I’ll wait for scened battles and reconsider then, but I’m glad to be taking a break currently.

No. It's not significantly different then 1.5.7/8.
Sandbox mode is not different then just ignoring the main quest(don't rescue brother). The age option is not really beneficial or game play changing at all.
The prison break is not likely to be used by many players as you are at a massive disadvantage and the risk/cost is massively more then the reward.... which I guess is just getting lord to respawn slightly faster?

Pros to this update: Does not have any serious bugs (so far?). Has many minor fixes and tweaks. Will be used as the base for the next update.

So I'm not trying to negative but to answer honestly, no there's not any real reason to play thins if you weren't interested in the last few updates.

No. It's not significantly different then 1.5.7/8.
Sandbox mode is not different then just ignoring the main quest(don't rescue brother). The age option is not really beneficial or game play changing at all.
The prison break is not likely to be used by many players as you are at a massive disadvantage and the risk/cost is massively more then the reward.... which I guess is just getting lord to respawn slightly faster?

Pros to this update: Does not have any serious bugs (so far?). Has many minor fixes and tweaks. Will be used as the base for the next update.

So I'm not trying to negative but to answer honestly, no there's not any real reason to play thins if you weren't interested in the last few updates.
I have already been playing sandbox, ignore/ brother edit your age. People are acting as if this is a feature lol. It's really not, it's erasing a few lines of script. Besides, a mod already did this much better. The "features" in this game have the least amount of work put forth as possible.

The way they announced it during development the mainquest looked like a extension of the merchant quest from warband, just some initial directions for your game and introducing a few characters and systems to the player but the way they did it was a chore, talk to these 10 lords across the entire map then do some generic hideouts again and again and again, congratz you are the legendary bannerlord now become a kingmaker or a king yourself and the person you didn't helped will mobilize half the continent to stop just you, oh and take more generic hideout fights and intercept caravans on the other side of the goddamn continent all the time until you stop the conspiracy.

The mainquest idea is not bad but the execution so far is, it's just generic quests again and gain without any "meat" be it unique scenes, plot twists or even unique companions or pieces of equipment for the player.

Viking Conquest had an awesome mainquest and it had all of those things, drama, twists, unique companions and gear, it even had a turning point where you needed to chose a side or your own like bannerlord tried with the banner thing but in VC it had actual consequences, you would lose companions that would turn on you based on the side you chose and it all led to a huge main battle to determine the fate of England, kinda like the battle of Pendraic but in bannerlord we just hear about it instead of participating and making a difference.

I like having sandbox and story options but the mainquest right now is just bad so i won't be replaying it for a looong time.

The way they announced it during development the mainquest looked like a extension of the merchant quest from warband, just some initial directions for your game and introducing a few characters and systems to the player but the way they did it was a chore, talk to these 10 lords across the entire map then do some generic hideouts again and again and again, congratz you are the legendary bannerlord now become a kingmaker or a king yourself and the person you didn't helped will mobilize half the continent to stop just you, oh and take more generic hideout fights and intercept caravans on the other side of the goddamn continent all the time until you stop the conspiracy.

The mainquest idea is not bad but the execution so far is, it's just generic quests again and gain without any "meat" be it unique scenes, plot twists or even unique companions or pieces of equipment for the player.

Viking Conquest had an awesome mainquest and it had all of those things, drama, twists, unique companions and gear, it even had a turning point where you needed to chose a side or your own like bannerlord tried with the banner thing but in VC it had actual consequences, you would lose companions that would turn on you based on the side you chose and it all led to a huge main battle to determine the fate of England, kinda like the battle of Pendraic but in bannerlord we just hear about it instead of participating and making a difference.

I like having sandbox and story options but the mainquest right now is just bad so i won't be replaying it for a looong time.
Viking Conquest is a much much better game than this in so many ways.

I have already been playing sandbox, ignore/ brother edit your age. People are acting as if this is a feature lol. It's really not, it's erasing a few lines of script. Besides, a mod already did this much better. The "features" in this game have the least amount of work put forth as possible.
The brother is a significant advantage too, he has high perks for governor or party leader and can bring in wifoos for the same and/or you can harvest his wives for gear without having to do the dialogue mini game each time. I do though think that without family their is a possible importance on your own offspring as it's going to be just you + spouse and wanderers in the clan for a long time.

I would have liked some options in sandbox for starting with a sibling that you could customize, or starting married, or starting with an older kid.

Hopefully now that sandbox is in the base game they can make cultured start or similar mods better. Every time I played with it I eventually started to get crashes. I like staring as a loot :smile:

I'm quite tempted... but I think I'm probably going to wait until the 'battlefield terrain system' is at least partially in game before I put in another 50 or so hours .

What do you think? is 1.5.9 worth it?
It depends, when was your last playtrough?
As it was already said, 1.5.9 is really stable so if your last playtrough was 1.5.6, then maybe yes.
A lot of QOL improvements etc. that give a better game experience.

Viking Conquest is a much much better game than this in so many ways.
VC main quest was good for 1 or 2 maybe 3 play throughs then it got very repetitive for me. I got why they put it in but I feel like a sand box or open world game should have a short tutorial quest that is completely optional because following through scripted play in an open world game is counter productive to what they're trying to do. That being said I felt like WB "main quest" was a bit to short so I guess there's no pleasing me. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom