Last Resort for Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

So an echo chamber isn't going to change anything about it? It's as if TW doesn't actually care if you have a small testing group, they will go ahead and do their own thing.

You don't have to "start from scratch". TW simply has to change how it views its community, until then you can start over 9000 times, it won't change the outcome.
Well it's not an echo chamber is my point. It's more like shutting a bunch of rabid dogs in a small box.

I don't think anyone is saying start from scratch as in fully delete the game and start again, but that rather than fighting fires such as server crashes and bugs, it would be a good moment to take a step back and reapproach development; what ideas have worked, what haven't, and where they want to go.

We frequently have feedback rebuffed that it would take more time to do X, so in the meantime they do Y. I'd rather they took the time to do X.

Well it's not an echo chamber is my point. It's more like shutting a bunch of rabid dogs in a small box.

I don't think anyone is saying start from scratch as in fully delete the game and start again, but that rather than fighting fires such as server crashes and bugs, it would be a good moment to take a step back and reapproach development; what ideas have worked, what haven't, and where they want to go.

We frequently have feedback rebuffed that it would take more time to do X, so in the meantime they do Y. I'd rather they took the time to do X.
Seems fair, but this like i said something TW has to figure out, its relation with the community and what people want vs what they want.

TW approaching the game again is a thing that should happened ofc.

Only a dev could tell us but I think the whole point of having two branches of development and a launcher was to avoid this sort of issue.
Don't remember where it was but pretty sure there was an issue directly related to SP that was causing an issue in MP.

All TW needs are

A/B Testing (The only problem is the population of the game)
Project Management (Better planning and giving people roadmaps would be possible with this)
More Resources towards MP

Very simple problems that can be fixed. They got the coding talent but the success of a project is not only built on coding talent.

All TW needs are

A/B Testing (The only problem is the population of the game)
Project Management (Better planning and giving people roadmaps would be possible with this)
More Resources towards MP

Very simple problems that can be fixed. They got the coding talent but the success of a project is not only built on coding talent.
To be fair what I would do (being brutally honest) if I was TW right now.

1) Abandon MP for the moment. Focus on SP - get that to a point ready for release.
2) Then hammer everyone onto the MP, drop custom servers, cosmetics, new maps, battle mode, proper leveling etc etc all at the same time.
3) Release from EA.

Brutal but probably the most effective way to revive MP. EA end will see a flood of new players - if they time that with a big MP overhaul then it might stick better then current numbers.

To be fair what I would do (being brutally honest) if I was TW right now.

1) Abandon MP for the moment. Focus on SP - get that to a point ready for release.
2) Then hammer everyone onto the MP, drop custom servers, cosmetics, new maps, battle mode, proper leveling etc etc all at the same time.
3) Release from EA.

Brutal but probably the most effective way to revive MP. EA end will see a flood of new players - if they time that with a big MP overhaul then it might stick better then current numbers.
The majority of the playerbase has already tested out the MP.

The people who intended on playing MP in the first place already stopped playing.

The majority of the playerbase has already tested out the MP.

The people who intended on playing MP in the first place already stopped playing.
I think that is a reasonable but very pessimistic view. EA games always bounce on release.

I know this is a silly comparison but check out rimworld;

qTQmUH9.png

Player count was higher on full release then it was on EA release.

Also check out Kerbal Space Program;

yvgyhwN.png

Massive spike on release from EA.

Back
Top Bottom