***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

An excellent read! But like many have pointed out TW will most likely ignore this post & proceed with their own agenda moving forward. Also can't help but notice the resident white knights posting their usual naivete. Imagine thinking the game is "already excellent" despite glaring issues like Siege pathing & potato processor combat AI still plaguing the game going into a year of EA.

Yea...ok...........
Naive argument : checked!

OP, I agree so much with this roadmap it gave me the strength to remake my account in order to post here and cast my vote.

Very well done!

Edit: If the white knights could avoid spamming the thread, it would be appreciated. This isn't a chat, it's a forum.

Edit2: You guys keep trying to make those threads about yourselves. I won't bother answering. I'm here to talk about the game, and you don't bring up anything apart from "it's fine really".
IOk0Heu.png

I don't think you know what forums are for...

:rolleyes:

What's the opposite of a 'white knight' out of interest...?

Last edited:
OP, I agree so much with this roadmap it gave me the strength to remake my account in order to post here and cast my vote.

Very well done!

Edit: If the white knights could avoid spamming the thread, it would be appreciated. This isn't a chat, it's a forum.
IOk0Heu.png

I don't think you know what forums are for...

:rolleyes:

What's the opposite of a 'white knight' out of interest...?

Very well done!

So I'm a spammer because I don't completely agree with the OP and wish to express it?

Very well done!

Edit2: You guys keep trying to make those threads about yourselves. I won't bother answering. I'm here to talk about the game, and you don't bring up anything apart from "it's fine really".
There are like 40 posts and 2 dare to be positive.
I didn't agree with him but he has the right to express his opinion like everybody else.

There are like 40 posts and 2 dare to be positive.
I didn't agree with him but he has the right to express his opinion like everybody else.
It was supposed to be more of a deterrent, but I will admit to being hasty on the matter.

I'll take the L.

OP did take some time (I guess a lot of time) to write this post and TW doesn´t even care to reply with some useless answer like:

"Thanks, great suggetions! We think about it stuff", because why should they? Would cost them 1-2 minutes, they can earn more money in 1-2 minutes.

But they listen! For sure!

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?​

“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.”

Armagan:

tenor.gif

I would like to see those "This game is too complex!" or "Siege AI doesn´t work, keep it up!" or "Why can I earn 100k+ with a javelin", "Why can´t I give commands to my parties." "I´m playing on a laptop why can´t I play a batlle with 1000 troops, my laptop has 8 GB ram!" questionnaires!

Last edited:
How about not engaging with TW? If they don't want to engage with us in a productive fashion, lets give em radio silence in return?

five bucks:

Wall of Incriminating Text
tenor.gif

Appreciate the effort you put into this OP. I do wonder if there is a language barrier problem, but the gist I've gotten is enough Devs are familiar with English that we aren't simply "shouting to the choir".

I've lowered my standards enough that if even 1/8th of what you mentioned is finished or implemented by the game going "gold" - I'll be mighty impressed. Funny at first with Bannerlord I was impressed with how stable it generally was for an EA game (not too many CTDs). But then around August I came to realize that what I saw was what we were going to be largely stuck with due to the pace of development.

With the surprisingly close timing of 1.5.9 beta after this was posted, it looks like they have some good fixes so I can start changing text to green! Thanks TW.

I voted yes, in principle, but I think there are an awful lot of requests here with specific and perhaps controversial ideas for how they should be carried out. Auto-resolve, for example, has always been a dangerous way to resolve encounters in these games, and it should be. Even when I don't intend on participating I still don't auto-resolve, and when my health is below 20% I'm anxious about it specifically because getting caught means I am forced to auto-resolve.

* Autoresolve: Needs to better represent how a battle would occur, and high tier troops need to be stronger in it. For example, a T5 soldier is only as strong as three Tier 0 units in autoresolve.
I actually really have no problem with this. Statistically speaking, a master would have difficulty facing three opponents, and especially three since it pretty well guarantees you are getting flanked. But you can go into the battle normally and apply some tactics to try and even those odds out. I definitely do not think a three on one should be a guaranteed win on auto-resolve, however. It shouldn't be a guaranteed loss, but yeah, you should be concerned if you throw that to the fates of auto-resolve.

There are a number of issues I have with this roadmap like this, and this reads as a list of suggestions that would be fairly exhaustive to discuss. In principle I generally support this, but I hope devs take liberties with the suggestions themselves.

* AI won't surrender in sieges where the odds are ridiculously against them, even if it's 50 vs 1000 or they're starving, so the player is forced to sit through a boring battle (which their army will take significant casualties in if they autoresolve it). If the AI defending a castle/town is starving, they should either sally out or surrender.
That's why I'm making a mod to make settlements surrender.

How about not engaging with TW? If they don't want to engage with us in a productive fashion, lets give em radio silence in return?
I've been thinking about this - what kind of pressure would get at Taleworlds? You could write petitions, threaten boycotts, nuke your forum account in protest, but it's inconsequential small beans. There's a sucker born every minute and demanding customers are a minority.
My conclusion is that keeping the negativity on their forums is the best pressure, even if it's sometimes unfair. No one likes protesters in their front yard and it doesn't look good for the company. Make memes, "X when?" threads and vent with cynical, but witty rants. They can't stay holed up forever.

Back
Top Bottom