Where to buy War Horses now???

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah, super smart logic (not) - you can't find war horses because t5-t6 units are too powerful/expensive and you don't need them because other lords use only t1-t3 troops
What? Did you not understand what I wrote?
...if people are having issues affording cavalry because they can't track down enough war horses (to be clear, I've not experienced this in a normal playthrough) then they probably need to make the war horse requirements for a lot of these troops go away.
they probably need to make the war horse requirements for a lot of these troops go away.

What? Did you not understand what I wrote?
So, you compare the situation when War Horses suddenly disappeared from their old breeding places with situation when ppl who weren't building granary or orchard improvements, having their villages raided and complaining about their garrisons starving.
After that you called ppl who wants to get T6 upgrades for their troops "As soon as they see the yellow button, they smash it for the next upgrade." and said that "So the game should be balanced around them." unlike around smart ppl like you who have t1-t3 troops because the upgrades don't worth it.
I clearly understood what you wrote.

So, you compare the situation when War Horses suddenly disappeared from their old breeding places with situation when ppl who weren't building granary or orchard improvements, having their villages raided and complaining about their garrisons starving.
No...?

That was a slightly off-topic aside about most players wanting to amass max-tier troops, all the time. The only point of comparison was that the balance should be the way most people have fun playing the game, not what the design intent is.
After that you called ppl who wants to get T6 upgrades for their troops "As soon as they see the yellow button, they smash it for the next upgrade." and said that "So the game should be balanced around them." unlike around smart ppl like you who have t1-t3 troops because the upgrades don't worth it.
I clearly understood what you wrote.
It isn't a question of intelligence. If war horses aren't appearing in your game, it is probably due to world state issues. That can happen -- actually it very frequently happens to Imperial lands currently because some of their cities get pillaged into the dirt in 1.5.8.

edit: Though if you're on 1.5.7, then it can't be pillaging wrecking the towns.

You should probably save the game for @mexxico since he deals with world economy stuff.

Last edited:
I will say I am starting to see fewer warhorses for sale in the imperial cities in my new 1.5.8 then I usually expect, hard to say if it's a real change or just coincidence though. I've come to use warhorse for Kahns gaurd only though, so it's not too bad, although I did actually not have some to upgrade the KG which was a first, since it's usually that the nobles are much scarcer then the WH.

Well, I've made an experiment - spent a month+ of game time sitting in imperial cities producing horses - like Zeonica and Jalmarys, places where there were a lot of Imperial Chargers before 1.5.7, checking the market everyday and looking for lords buying stuff (noone of them was buying horses) - so, there were no Imperial Chargers appearing there (only may be 1-2 in a week, just like in cities with no villages with horses as a primary product). Seems this is not a coincidence or a "world state" - they just don't produce Imperial Chargers anymore (idk why, maybe a bug or smth).

Hi there!
I've started a new campaign 1.5.7 and can't find any cheap War Horses for sale to upgrade my cavalry (100+ men).
All old places where I used to buy cheap Imperial Chargers are now selling Saddle Horses and the only War Horses I can find is very few (3-5 heads) in several cities and they are way too expensive like 700-1200 denars what makes cavalry in this game ridiculously expensive.
Especially when you loose in a battle several cavalrymen - it's a real pain.
So, the question is: where you buy War Horses in this game now? May be there's a new way about cavalry to get horses cheap which I don't know? Because otherwise it's just doesn't make sense to use cavalry.
They sell some in the village Swenryn.
Check the towns that are part of the Khuzait culture.
Kill steppe and forest bandits (Steppe have more cavalry).
There is always a lot of steppe bandits by the Khuzait. Just make sure to only bring cavalry because those bandits are fast. I believe they are pure cavalry.
By forest bandits, before bothering to attack them, hover your mouse over them to make sure that some of their troops are cavalry.
Basically, your options are buy horses, or kill people that have horses.

They sell some in the village Swenryn.
Check the towns that are part of the Khuzait culture.
Kill steppe and forest bandits (Steppe have more cavalry).
There is always a lot of steppe bandits by the Khuzait. Just make sure to only bring cavalry because those bandits are fast. I believe they are pure cavalry.
By forest bandits, before bothering to attack them, hover your mouse over them to make sure that some of their troops are cavalry.
Basically, your options are buy horses, or kill people that have horses.
Forest bandits don't have any cavalry, typically. It is mountain bandits who have a few (Highwaymen, on Imperial chargers).

Well, I guess I understood what was the problem of shortage of Imperial Chargers after 1.5.7:
In Imperial villages breeding horses they produce many types of horses (idk why and this is weird): Midlands Palfrey, Imperial Charger, Sturgian Trotter, Sturgian Hunter, Saddle Horse and Vlandian Courser (and also they have Primary Product description: Saddle Horse)
I also checked horse breeding villages of other cultures - they produce only horses of their culture (+Sumpter Horse and Mule).
Battanian villages - only Battanian Pony and Battanian Warmount; (Primary Product description: Battanian Warmount)
Khuzait villages - only Steppe Horse and Steppe Warhorse (Primary Product description: Steppe Horse)
Aserai villages - only Desert Horse and Aserai Horse (Primary Product description: Aserai Horse)
So, my guess is - Imperial villages producing Sturgian and Vlandian horses have now much less resources to produce Imperial horses and that's why it became so hard to find an Imperial Charger for a sale in the game.
@mexxico could you, please, check if it was done by some mistake?

Well, I guess I understood what was the problem of shortage of Imperial Chargers after 1.5.7:
In Imperial villages breeding horses they produce many types of horses (idk why and this is weird): Midlands Palfrey, Imperial Charger, Sturgian Trotter, Sturgian Hunter, Saddle Horse and Vlandian Courser (and also they have Primary Product description: Saddle Horse)
I also checked horse breeding villages of other cultures - they produce only horses of their culture (+Sumpter Horse and Mule).
Battanian villages - only Battanian Pony and Battanian Warmount; (Primary Product description: Battanian Warmount)
Khuzait villages - only Steppe Horse and Steppe Warhorse (Primary Product description: Steppe Horse)
Aserai villages - only Desert Horse and Aserai Horse (Primary Product description: Aserai Horse)
So, my guess is - Imperial villages producing Sturgian and Vlandian horses have now much less resources to produce Imperial horses and that's why it became so hard to find an Imperial Charger for a sale in the game.
@mexxico could you, please, check if it was done by some mistake?
Wasn’t it same before 1.5.7 too? Did you see any change at these productions in 1.5.7?

Wasn’t it same before 1.5.7 too? Did you see any change at these productions in 1.5.7?
yes, there were much more Imperial Chargers selling in cities before and now you can rarely find only 1-2
I don't have any idea of the reason why, but it's my experience too that in a 1.5.8 game started after last hotfix, there's almost no Imperial chargers to be found, and less WH in general compared to the 1.5.7 game I was playing just before.

If there's no change to horses, is it a 'butterflies in Africa' thing then?

Now that we don't see so much snowballing of the Khuzaits, the empire factions do some pretty intense fighting. This could be reflected in their prosperity and resource availabilities. I certainly get good money taking war horses into the Empire from Askar or Senon.

ya but imperial horses were not very abundant..they were cheaper i understand why maybe u want more hehe..

ya but imperial horses were not very abundant..they were cheaper i understand why maybe u want more hehe..
I used to buy dozens of them in Imperial cities before 1.5.7 for T4+ upgrades of my cavalry but now they became too rare to find.
Just wondering why.

I don't have upgraded since 1.57, and I remember having seen very strange production from imperial breeding villages too as @R1919.
By the way, in my full 1.57 game, Imperial charger scarcity came from intensive war time.

@mexxico one week have passed, any feedback on this issue with Imperial Chargers?
I checked code changes at breeding village productions but there seems no change at horse productions since EA starts.

There are 11 empire breeding villages at all world and all produce daily
0.5 empire t1 horse
0.125 empire t2 horse
0.5 sturgian t1 horse
0.125 sturgian t2 horse
0.5 vlandian t1 horse
0.125 vlandian t2 horse
In total 1.5 t1 horse, 0.375 t2 horse each.

There are 9 aserai breeding villages and each produce daily
1.5 aserai t1 horse
0.5 aserai t2 horse
In total 1.5 t1 horse, 0.5 t2 horse each.

There are 2 battanian breeding villages and each produce daily
1.5 battanian t1 horse
0.5 battanian t2 horse

There are 7 khuzait breeding villages and each produce daily
1.5 steppe t1 horse
0.5 steppe t2 horse

Its weird we do not have different sturgian / vlandian horse ranches and empire try to produce all three faction's horses. I will ask to create specialized breeding villages for Sturgia and Vlandia. However I could not find what changed at 1.5.7 so you see less empire horses at map. These horses was always less at world maybe since EA starts.

Last edited:
I checked code changes at breeding village productions but there seems no change at horse productions since EA starts.

There are 11 empire breeding villages at all world and all produce daily
0.5 empire t1 horse
0.125 empire t2 horse
0.5 sturgian t1 horse
0.125 sturgian t2 horse
0.5 vlandian t1 horse
0.125 vlandian t2 horse

In total 1.5 t1 horse, 0.375 t2 horse each.

There are 9 aserai breeding villages and each produce daily
1.5 aserai t1 horse
0.5 aserai t2 horse

There are 2 battanian breeding villages and each produce daily
1.5 battanian t1 horse
0.5 battanian t2 horse

There are 7 khuzait breeding villages and each produce daily
1.5 battanian t1 horse
0.5 battanian t2 horse

Its weird we do not have different sturgian / vlandian horse ranches and empire try to produce all three faction's horses. I will ask to create specialized breeding villages for Sturgia and Vlandia. However I could not find what changed at 1.5.7 so you see less empire horses at map. These horses was always less at world maybe since EA starts.
Well, unfortunately, I can't prove my words because I can't install earlier versions of the game having Epic Games account.
But if you can see in this topic I'm not alone in these suspicions - at least several people confirmed it too.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I think the creation of specialized breeding villages for Sturgia and Vlandia is really good idea, may be it will solve the problem of Imperial Chargers scarcity too.
I really suspect that this additional production of Sturgian and Vlandian war horses in the Imperial villages could affect to the chance of the Imperial war horse production.
I believe it would be fair if the production of Imperial horses in the Imperial villages should be the same like in other factions, i.e.:
1.5 empire t1 horse
0.5 empire t2 horse

Back
Top Bottom