Areas need to be improved

Users who are viewing this thread

• In battle spawns: The slightly weaker AI started to stay still in their position much more. When my army is attacking, enemy`s new troops spawn in the middle of my men. My new troops coming from very far and in pieces just makes them a very very easy open target. This actually caused me to lose 4-5 wars while I was stronger and I was doing tactics, not just F1-F3. My recommendation to fix: Changing the spawn points dynamically in the battle like spawning new troops closer to attacking side or spawning the defending troops another point.

• Defeated enemy comes with an new army immediately: I defeat around 1000 men army, another army comes around 700-1000 men again, I call new lords to my army and defeat the new one as well. In like 2 game day the AI lords gets strong again and comes with a new army almost immediately. And I dont know if they use their Influences, I never saw their army disband as quick as mine. I legit defeated 3 khuzait army and they came with a 4th one over 1400 men and took my city of Tyal. Happens with all the kingdoms. My recommendation to fix: It should be harder to gather troops for AI lords also their influence use cost should be increased.

• Imprisonment times: The game should ask me If I will release the lord for money or not, it should`t release it automaticly if it gets an offer. I think this got broken becouse it was asking prev. versions of the game. Besides that, AI lords escape in MAX 3 days from me and my dungeons, even with all the perks are activated to reduce their chances, while I can only escape in MIN 8 days. If this gets balanced it could also solve the problem above. My recommendation to fix: Increase the AI lord imprisonment time.

• Caravans gets disbanded so quick: I create a caravan from stronger soldiers paying over 22k but my caravans gets defeated so quickly. I am literally tired of finding my companions and create a new caravan. There is also a bug that game pay my money to release my captured companions without asking me. My recommendation to fix: Automatic caravan creating system. There should be an option for each companion to create a caravan automatically as soon as they get freed from their captors. Another way is to bring bounty hunters back to hunt down some raiders looters etc.

• The game pushes me often to declare war: I own a kingdom and the game forces me to make a choice to declare a war while I already have 2 wars. Because Im have to defend so much against 2 kingdoms, my influence is not that much to reject the declaration of a new war. The politic decisions to reduce my influence cost to reject are active but they are not enough. My recommendation to fix: Either the game should take consideration of ongoing wars and stop forcing me to declare new war or influence costs to reject should be re-balanced.

• Clans change sides so quick: The clans change their faction so quickly and if a kingdom gets too much lords, it causes the problem in the first argument of this list. My recommendation to fix: It should be very hard for clans to change their sides. I literally saw a clan that changed sides 2 times in a day.

I play in realistic difficulty

Last edited:
This has all been requested a hundred times already, but it's good to see it again. I wish they would do the things they discussed in old promotion like making the AI have to play on the same terms as the player. They seem set on forcing never ending wars and battles with no progress unless you execute everyone. I don't really understand what the point of the game is supposed to be in between battles if we have no choices or control as ruler. Isn't just the same as doing custom battles over and over? Why do I have to walk around on a map and sell stuff to the store? It's like all the busy work of strategy game/rpg but none of the choices or progression.

A well-written post, thank you.
I do agree with pretty much everything you wrote there and most of it is also what I find lacking with the game.
I just think that they're not being read by the right people (TW) and if they really do read them, they're surely not listening or acting on them whatsoever.

This has all been requested a hundred times already, but it's good to see it again. I wish they would do the things they discussed in old promotion like making the AI have to play on the same terms as the player. They seem set on forcing never ending wars and battles with no progress unless you execute everyone. I don't really understand what the point of the game is supposed to be in between battles if we have no choices or control as ruler. Isn't just the same as doing custom battles over and over? Why do I have to walk around on a map and sell stuff to the store? It's like all the busy work of strategy game/rpg but none of the choices or progression.
AFAIK AI mostly plays by the same rules as the player. When lords respawn they get a very small party so they don't get captured by bandits immediately. This shouldn't have a big impact though. They can also upgrade mounted units without having horses.

AFAIK AI mostly plays by the same rules as the player. When lords respawn they get a very small party so they don't get captured by bandits immediately. This shouldn't have a big impact though. They can also upgrade mounted units without having horses.
OH so they ONLY get free troops so they can't FAIL to raise new warband and FREE HORSE UPGRADES so they don't FAIL to have horses do to not being able to leave but a small area like the player often is! Ironically the same free garbage that lets the AI make endless parties traps the player near their fiefs endlessly defeating small parties coming to raid and they can't go shopping for more horses or travel to recruit special troops! They can destroy the entire trade economy so there's no warhorses in most towns but they get them for free upgrades.
Have you never "defeated a faction" and taken all their land? They do nothing spawn and try to raid you. The game also gives them money and food when they're below a threshold so they never suffer the consequences of their incompetence, they can be bankrupt and still their garrison never dessert and they can keep running around doing as they wish. They don't even have to go to the store to sell stuff, they get money of the fly. The only way the AI has a failure is if the player executes them.

The AI completely ignores what little strategy and maintenance is in the game and just attack like a zombie forever, no matter it's situation. It's a horrible disappointment. Every single thing the ever have should be coming from spending campaign time.

OH so they ONLY get free troops so they can't FAIL to raise new warband and FREE HORSE UPGRADES so they don't FAIL to have horses do to not being able to leave but a small area like the player often is! Ironically the same free garbage that lets the AI make endless parties traps the player near their fiefs endlessly defeating small parties coming to raid and they can't go shopping for more horses or travel to recruit special troops! They can destroy the entire trade economy so there's no warhorses in most towns but they get them for free upgrades.
Have you never "defeated a faction" and taken all their land? They do nothing spawn and try to raid you. The game also gives them money and food when they're below a threshold so they never suffer the consequences of their incompetence, they can be bankrupt and still their garrison never dessert and they can keep running around doing as they wish. They don't even have to go to the store to sell stuff, they get money of the fly. The only way the AI has a failure is if the player executes them.

The AI completely ignores what little strategy and maintenance is in the game and just attack like a zombie forever, no matter it's situation. It's a horrible disappointment. Every single thing the ever have should be coming from spending campaign time.
Don't know the numbers but I believe lords get like 10-20 units when they respawn. This is just laughable.

Regarding the horses I believe that mexxico said they are looking into removing that cheat.

Don't know the numbers but I believe lords get like 10-20 units when they respawn. This is just laughable.

Regarding the horses I believe that mexxico said they are looking into removing that cheat.
20 troops for every defeated lord though, so you defeat an army, or 3 armies and then immediately 200-600 units are up and going out and doing the same crap again. It completely undermines the design of having notables too as they don't have to compete for their recruits after a defeat. You take down an army and some of those lords SHOULD be left out of getting enough recruits right away and cause them to be staggered out.

20 troops for every defeated lord though, so you defeat an army, or 3 armies and then immediately 200-600 units are up and going out and doing the same crap again. It completely undermines the design of having notables too as they don't have to compete for their recruits after a defeat. You take down an army and some of those lords SHOULD be left out of getting enough recruits right away and cause them to be staggered out.
Lords only get 10% of their party size after respawn. So if you managed to destroy an army with 2000 units, you shouldn't have a problem with destroying an army with 200 units. For the rest of the party they need to recruit soldiers just like you do.
The only 'advantage' they have is that they don't get captured by bandits. But as the player you don't get captured by bandits either so it's not really an advantage. Recruiting 10-20 units takes less than a minute for the player, so again, I don't really see the big advantage. Generally the game is exceptionally fair when it comes to AI cheats.

Lords only get 10% of their party size after respawn. So if you managed to destroy an army with 2000 units, you shouldn't have a problem with destroying an army with 200 units. For the rest of the party they need to recruit soldiers just like you do.
The only 'advantage' they have is that they don't get captured by bandits. But as the player you don't get captured by bandits either so it's not really an advantage. Recruiting 10-20 units takes less than a minute for the player, so again, I don't really see the big advantage. Generally the game is exceptionally fair when it comes to AI cheats.
Turning it towards "player benefits over AI" however... AI don't have caravans, workshops, smithing.....

Back
Top Bottom