SP Musket Era Honour & Glory 1.9

Users who are viewing this thread

In your new version, could it you please you to work up some " aesthetic " improvements to female companion outfits / armours / looks etc, along the lines of the " Adventuress " submod ( but improved, better quality work ) you previously recommended ?     

And could we please have an extra female companion or two, along with your wife in your party, for more outfitting fun ?

This mod would have exponentially more flavour if you did away with a lot of native items and replaced them from those with OSP packs, particularly those used by troops.

Its been a long time since I played but the potential of this mod is immense. I just remember there being moderate historical inaccuracies all over the place.

So, HRE is coming - good work, thanks. Vienna and Prague, presumably ?

I have this really good horse, an Ottoman Spirited War Horse, with mail barding - understandably speed is not great, at 37. For improved performance I have built up my Riding skill to a respectable 7, but still it feels slow around a battlefield, and often I barely get my Balanced Hussar Lance couched in time ( or not ) ....... is the Riding skill boost actually working in this mod, and how much extra speed and manoeuverability is each point worth ?

YourStepDad said:
This mod would have exponentially more flavour if you did away with a lot of native items and replaced them from those with OSP packs, particularly those used by troops.

Its been a long time since I played but the potential of this mod is immense. I just remember there being moderate historical inaccuracies all over the place.

THIS!!!

Honour&Glory 1.8 will be released this month.

Quick changelog:
New map + Holy Roman Empire
Diplomacy
Improvement of battle AI
Bribe town authorities to gain right to rule
New scenes
New items
New troops
New music
New scripts
More bandits
Reworked recruiting system
Wagenburgs
New interactions with patrols
Field armies
New animations
New banners
Start as faction ruler or noble
New quest
New interaction with tavern visitors

Honour&Glory 1.8 will be released this month.

Quick changelog:
Diplomacy
Improvement of battle AI
New scenes
New items
New troops
New music
New scripts
More bandits
Wagenburgs
Field armies
New animations
New banners
New quest
New interaction with tavern visitors

Thank you for all your great work.
I am a fan of this setting.

In this 1.8 are the ladies' faces ( and outfits etc ) now " improved " ?
Please - it behoves a mod to present aesthetically appealing ( artfully, proudly, made ) companions, wife .......

Last edited:
Mod updated to v.1.8!

Changelog for 1.8:
Diplomacy
Improvement of battle AI
New scenes
New items
New music
New scripts
More bandits
Wagenburg
Field armies
New animations
New banners
New balance
New map icons
Improved female faces

Check the first post for download links.

This is not our last update, so keep tracking.

I was enjoying 1.8 (with the bug fix patch) today, then out of curiosity I reinstalled that Adventuress mini submod you recommended for 1.7, but now it just crashes on loading ( at "loading map" ) ..........
Well, uninstall it then :wink:
The original version already has improved women faces, so there is no need really for the submod

Yes, I am now doing without it - but "Adventuress " was about costumes , not faces, and a couple were quite good .........

I seem to recall that in at least some mods the court ladies were reloaded re-sorted ( married vs " available " ) randomly with each New Game, but here in H&G, testing many New Game starts, the assortment does not vary, only ever the same handful of marriageable young ladies in each faction ( and tantalisingly the nicest looking Tatars are already married ! ) - can this be tweaked ? At least, start with less of them already married, giving the player more choice re looks, her nature etc ........

Would you be interested in extending the snow west to Finland and Livonia, so that we can have more battles in snow ? Having snow only around Moscow is not making the most of it ! Some mods ( eg Sparta ) are now even having season map effects, with snow over a region in winter ........

The Lord of Breslau still is relaxing at home barefoot ( other HRE nobles have shoes now )

Even winning the tournament does not get you into a feast, at least with " starting " renown ..... intentional ?

And a big thank you for letting me couch my koncerz !

Last edited:
thank you very much for this mod! it's really something, you made this era
and topographic an interesting topic, i'll look more into!

is there a companion guide?

Hi, first of all, congratulations on this mod, very well done!

I don't know if it is still in developement, but would you consider adding a hungarian training camp with magyar units? (currently you can rebel and take the hungarian part of the map, but there are only ottoman units to recruit)

Since I like it so much, I took a deeper look at the mod, and I think I have a few observations (if the mod is still in developement?)

Features I am already in love with
- the sabre tournaments are super fun (and for me, also challenging). They also remind me of the Michalku-Kmicic duel from the novel Deluge

- I like that bows are cutting damage. Very cool. I love WFAS, but I always feel that I am playing suboptimal when deciding to play something else than a horse archer.
- I think I like the recruitment systems, but I think being a player of WFAS helps a lot. In my opinion players not knowing WFAS, coming straight from Warband might have some troubles figuring it out. Some kind of summary would be nice (you can put it into the camp menu, or game concepts, and use the starting screen to point the players to read it)

Spellings
Tamash Nadashdy (HRE vassal) - Tamás Nádasdy, or Tamas Nadasdy if you don't want to use "á"
Trentschin - german spelling. SK is Trencin, HU is Trencsén
Neusohl - german. HU spelling is Besztercebanya, SK is Banska Bystrica
Lizenz - I don't know this city
Kaschau - SK is Kosice, HU is Kassa

Some strange things, which are not serious, but I don't know wether these are intended or not:
- you can swing with some obviously thrusting weapons (like daggers)
- you can block with very small blades and very unwieldy weapons (the game warband works you can block a lance charge with a small blade)
- as a commoner, you cannot enter a noble feast, even when you win the duels
- there are some slow weapons which should crush through blocks (also, I think heavy lances should also do the same. It seems wrong to block a lancer charge with a small blade)
- "horsemen spears" are missing from the mod. It was actually quite common to use not long lances, but standard spears on horseback (length similar to napoleonic uhlans, maximum 2 meters). These should be standard spears, 150-180 length, but only thrust attack and high speed (100-110). There are records of duels (Hungarian-tartar, hungarian ottomans) fought with spears on horseback. This is not a big deal, but I think it would add some flavor to the mod. Also, while my examples are hungarian, I think tartars, lithuanians, polish also used shorter spears this way.

Smaller suggestions:
- create a gun ammo which holds only 1-2 bullets. Use this for reiter type units. In Csatádi's WFAS mod, these types of cavalry units are armed with sword, pistol, pistol, 1 spare bullet. This means they fire twice, reload once, and then charge into melee. Not really meant for player use, but help the AI decision making a ton. (I actually started using this loadout on companions too)
- Csatádi also has a nice script, which breaks the lances after the first blow. Again, help the AI a lot in sieges. (IIRC this is OSP)
- I would also advise to remove the melee use from the guns. Again, to help the AI. Currently they swith to melee and use the gun to block instead of firing in your face.
- the Habsburgs used tercios from their other territories in this theatre of war. If you want, adding valloon, italian and iberian mercenary units to taverns would be historical. These are: valoon/napolitan/iberian tercio pikeman/rodelero/arquebus mercs. Also vlach units to taverns for ottomans, moldovans and maybe polish. (voynuks)
- in some mods I saw melee pistols used as a small club
- "brace of pistols". A pistol weapon with 4 shots, but possible minimum reload speed, and 4X the price of a pistol. A "pistol pair" with 2 shots and very slow reload time, with double price. Simulating going to battle with 2/4 pre-loaded guns, and not bothering with reloading them when they are emptied. This was very common, there is even a folk song from the era where the soldier gives different names to his four pistols.
- I'm not sure if this is allowed, but there are nice items in Caribbean: Blood&Gold which you could use, if it is allowed. Breastplates, some of the hats, shoes, women dresses, horses. What is really nice is that Caribbean has female versions of all armor. Obviously bucaneer stuff is out of place, but Caribbean is a nice pike and shot mod, and a breastplate is a breastplate, so...

Kind of difficult suggestion:
As a hungarian, I always wanted a mod where I can fight the ottomans (and after them, the Habsburgs :grin:), so really big thanks for this. However, it feels very strange that you can only recruit ottoman and german peasants in Hungary. Even though I understand the reason behind this.
However, I would like to ask if you could add two types of hungarian mercenaries to the mod? Both to the german and the ottoman merc camp? Historically, both of these employed hungarians in numbers. (germans as normal recruits, ottomans as mostly vassal forces from Transylvania).

Hungary mercs:
- pikes: nope (some transylvanian princes created halberd units, but mostly for the show.)
- crossbowmen/archers: not really. Because of the "hungarian time of troubles" the population was very militarized, and everyone had a weapon. Even shepherds, peasants and cattle herders had a gun and a fokos (pick axe) at minimum.
- light infantry: yes
- light cavalry: yes
Hungarian pickaxe: 70-100cm long handle, the blade is similar to axe, but the opposite side is usually a pick. There are also blunt versions. In warband terms it is a swing only one handed/two handed weapon, quite good speed, but relatively short reach (~90) for a bastard weapon.
VB.FOKOS.9-2T.jpg

light infantry: troublemaker (or protagonist) - hajdú - veteran hajdú
Fur hat, fur hat with feathers, polish type kaftans, kuntush. Some kind of firearm. Melee weaponry should be pickaxe, maybe sabre and rondel dagger at high tier. Should be skilled in one handed and firearms, no pikes or crossbows.

light cavalry: horseman - cavalry - hussar
The basic equipment would be tarsch shield and fur hats, again with polish-ottoman style kuntush. Main melee should be a mix of sabres and pickaxes, and a choice of either a lance or a horseman spear. High tier hussars should get military pick instead of regular pick, some mail and a helmet (lobster type). This era a bit too early for the classic hungarian hussars (sabre and 4 pistols)

Bocskay_hajd%C3%BAk.jpg
Ein_Hungarischer_Husar_und_Henduck.jpg

WFAS low tier hussar (note the shield and the pick)
50601457331_05632e0c8a_b.jpg
veteran with mail, lobster helmet. (polish colors, but since WFAS doesn't have a Transylvania faction, it is a compromise. Hungarians used very similar equipment to this below). No giant lances, plate armor or wings like in Poland tho. So not heavy cavalry, but rather medium)
50600716193_b161d6d603_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, we've added the hungarian (rather carpathian) culture to the settlements. You will be able to recruit hungarian troops.
Since I like it so much, I took a deeper look at the mod, and I think I have a few observations (if the mod is still in developement?)

Features I am already in love with
- the sabre tournaments are super fun (and for me, also challenging). They also remind me of the Michalku-Kmicic duel from the novel Deluge

- I like that bows are cutting damage. Very cool. I love WFAS, but I always feel that I am playing suboptimal when deciding to play something else than a horse archer.
- I think I like the recruitment systems, but I think being a player of WFAS helps a lot. In my opinion players not knowing WFAS, coming straight from Warband might have some troubles figuring it out. Some kind of summary would be nice (you can put it into the camp menu, or game concepts, and use the starting screen to point the players to read it)

Spellings
Tamash Nadashdy (HRE vassal) - Tamás Nádasdy, or Tamas Nadasdy if you don't want to use "á"
Trentschin - german spelling. SK is Trencin, HU is Trencsén
Neusohl - german. HU spelling is Besztercebanya, SK is Banska Bystrica
Lizenz - I don't know this city
Kaschau - SK is Kosice, HU is Kassa

Some strange things, which are not serious, but I don't know wether these are intended or not:
- you can swing with some obviously thrusting weapons (like daggers)
- you can block with very small blades and very unwieldy weapons (the game warband works you can block a lance charge with a small blade)
- as a commoner, you cannot enter a noble feast, even when you win the duels
- there are some slow weapons which should crush through blocks (also, I think heavy lances should also do the same. It seems wrong to block a lancer charge with a small blade)
- "horsemen spears" are missing from the mod. It was actually quite common to use not long lances, but standard spears on horseback (length similar to napoleonic uhlans, maximum 2 meters). These should be standard spears, 150-180 length, but only thrust attack and high speed (100-110). There are records of duels (Hungarian-tartar, hungarian ottomans) fought with spears on horseback. This is not a big deal, but I think it would add some flavor to the mod. Also, while my examples are hungarian, I think tartars, lithuanians, polish also used shorter spears this way.

Smaller suggestions:
- create a gun ammo which holds only 1-2 bullets. Use this for reiter type units. In Csatádi's WFAS mod, these types of cavalry units are armed with sword, pistol, pistol, 1 spare bullet. This means they fire twice, reload once, and then charge into melee. Not really meant for player use, but help the AI decision making a ton. (I actually started using this loadout on companions too)
- Csatádi also has a nice script, which breaks the lances after the first blow. Again, help the AI a lot in sieges. (IIRC this is OSP)
- I would also advise to remove the melee use from the guns. Again, to help the AI. Currently they swith to melee and use the gun to block instead of firing in your face.
- the Habsburgs used tercios from their other territories in this theatre of war. If you want, adding valloon, italian and iberian mercenary units to taverns would be historical. These are: valoon/napolitan/iberian tercio pikeman/rodelero/arquebus mercs. Also vlach units to taverns for ottomans, moldovans and maybe polish. (voynuks)
- in some mods I saw melee pistols used as a small club
- "brace of pistols". A pistol weapon with 4 shots, but possible minimum reload speed, and 4X the price of a pistol. A "pistol pair" with 2 shots and very slow reload time, with double price. Simulating going to battle with 2/4 pre-loaded guns, and not bothering with reloading them when they are emptied. This was very common, there is even a folk song from the era where the soldier gives different names to his four pistols.
- I'm not sure if this is allowed, but there are nice items in Caribbean: Blood&Gold which you could use, if it is allowed. Breastplates, some of the hats, shoes, women dresses, horses. What is really nice is that Caribbean has female versions of all armor. Obviously bucaneer stuff is out of place, but Caribbean is a nice pike and shot mod, and a breastplate is a breastplate, so...

Kind of difficult suggestion:
As a hungarian, I always wanted a mod where I can fight the ottomans (and after them, the Habsburgs :grin:), so really big thanks for this. However, it feels very strange that you can only recruit ottoman and german peasants in Hungary. Even though I understand the reason behind this.
However, I would like to ask if you could add two types of hungarian mercenaries to the mod? Both to the german and the ottoman merc camp? Historically, both of these employed hungarians in numbers. (germans as normal recruits, ottomans as mostly vassal forces from Transylvania).

Hungary mercs:
- pikes: nope (some transylvanian princes created halberd units, but mostly for the show.)
- crossbowmen/archers: not really. Because of the "hungarian time of troubles" the population was very militarized, and everyone had a weapon. Even shepherds, peasants and cattle herders had a gun and a fokos (pick axe) at minimum.
- light infantry: yes
- light cavalry: yes
Hungarian pickaxe: 70-100cm long handle, the blade is similar to axe, but the opposite side is usually a pick. There are also blunt versions. In warband terms it is a swing only one handed/two handed weapon, quite good speed, but relatively short reach (~90) for a bastard weapon.
VB.FOKOS.9-2T.jpg

light infantry: troublemaker (or protagonist) - hajdú - veteran hajdú
Fur hat, fur hat with feathers, polish type kaftans, kuntush. Some kind of firearm. Melee weaponry should be pickaxe, maybe sabre and rondel dagger at high tier. Should be skilled in one handed and firearms, no pikes or crossbows.

light cavalry: horseman - cavalry - hussar
The basic equipment would be tarsch shield and fur hats, again with polish-ottoman style kuntush. Main melee should be a mix of sabres and pickaxes, and a choice of either a lance or a horseman spear. High tier hussars should get military pick instead of regular pick, some mail and a helmet (lobster type). This era a bit too early for the classic hungarian hussars (sabre and 4 pistols)

Bocskay_hajd%C3%BAk.jpg
Ein_Hungarischer_Husar_und_Henduck.jpg

WFAS low tier hussar (note the shield and the pick)
50601457331_05632e0c8a_b.jpg
veteran with mail, lobster helmet. (polish colors, but since WFAS doesn't have a Transylvania faction, it is a compromise. Hungarians used very similar equipment to this below). No giant lances, plate armor or wings like in Poland tho. So not heavy cavalry, but rather medium)
50600716193_b161d6d603_b.jpg

Honour & Glory mod has been updated to 1.9 version. Check out the first post.

Changelog for 1.9

Main changes:

New faction quests for Cossacks, Crimean Tatars, Poland, Russia and Holy Roman Empire;
Freelancer;
Custom troops;
New realistic and atmospheric scenes of towns, castles, villages, taverns, arenas etc.

Other changes:
New clothes, armors and weapons;
Arena battles and tournaments reworked;
Few global map and faction balance changes, global map is slightly optimized;
New troops, especially reworked troop branches of Crimean Khanate and Kingdom of Poland;
New culture - Hungarian. Some lords have hungarian culture;
New icons;
New music and new sounds;
Rebalance of troops, weapons and armor;
New random quests;
New quest NPCs in Lviv and Vienna, also special NPC in Astrakhan;
Choice of nationality at the start;
The cost of access to military camps has been reduced;
Mercenaries now serve in the armies of lords and caravan parties;
Random events;
The number of working hours at the saltworks and sawmill has been reduced. Slaves can be sold at the salt quarry;
Hunting camps added;
You can dry fresh meat at the camp menu;
Trade routes reworked;
The cost of mercenaries is reduced;
Mayors and NPCs in taverns are reworked;
The amount of food in the inventory is doubled;
New troop tree for the peasant women;
You can ask for a shelter in villages;
Fishing in villages;
The player as a mercenary gets more wages;
You can bribe guards, also more options in dialogue with them;
New pretenders for Cossacks, Moldova, Germans and the Ottomans;
Troops can be recruited in towns and castles;
Banks;
A new resource - glass;
Iron and gold mines in villages;
Caravans give more loot;
Lance breaking;
Reiters do not go into hand-to-hand combat, but shoot the enemy from afar;
Most of the clothes and armor have a female version now;
Moving animations of the environment;
Fixed a bug with a book from Henric's quest;
Fixed other bugs from old version.

What is planned in 1.9.1: Factional quests for Moldova, Lithuania, Ottoman, Sweden and Livonia; Some special quests for particular lords; A new group of mercenaries - Circassians; Lairs for all bandits; New companions; Crafting in towns; Book manufactures; Improved diplomacy and more.

Дуже Гарно!

I'm very very excited about this update! I'm especially excited to see that you plan to add Circassians, will they get bayonet-tipped Circassian sabers? I know there is a famous one that was dug up outside Khortytsia, I've always found them very cool, very long sabers focused on the thrust. I hope Baida Vyshevetsky's Party gets some permanent Circassian bodyguards since I know he would eventually acquire them, even if the dates might not line up exactly. Great to see the Hungarians added too.

I can't wait to try this out. Will 1.9.0 saves be compatible with 1.9.1?

Back
Top Bottom