What is the one thing you're waiting for before doing another serious playthrough of Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

same thing you can say about music. If you want music just go on youtube and find the 1,000,000s songs out there and play them while you play the game.
Not really. When you play a game for the first time and for many hours after unless you specifically go and turn game music off ofc, you enter a new space in the game and the music starts playing. It's not something you need to physically go and seek out to experience it.

Soundtracks will play upon loading a new area, entering battle, entering a story area, fighting in the arena. Endless other places.
The player doesn't need to interact with it for it to become a part of the experience.
However if you cared so much about "immersion" you would agree that audio and music specifically is the key in video games and entertainment in general to making the player/viewer feel something for the environment they are in.

Personally I never listen to outside sources of music when I play a game, but that would probably be just me. Bannerlord music for the most part is great anyway.

I don't know how much you played the game, but after 1000 hours "controlling armies" becomes quite old... game definitely needs more stuff.

Well Bannerlord is a fighting game. If fighting gets old then you take a break and play something else until that itch needs scratching again.

If you need your boardgame itch scratched so much there are PLENTY of games out there to do so. However a medieval fighting game with depth? There are a handful at best. So I would say why water down THIS game with boardgames. It's not important for the vision of Bannerlord it's just a little extra thing they put in to taverns to give it a bit of life. It was never meant to be anything more than that.

Anyway, this post is about what you personally want to see in the game in order to get back to it.

Precisely. And we all know the pace that Bannerlord is progressing is not as fast as we would like. So surely you can understand why other users on the forum get frustrated when with so much of the CORE of this game is broken and features are missing that when asked "What is the ONE thing you are waiting for before doing another SERIOUS play through of bannerlord?" that someone puts bOaRdGaMeZzz... bOaRdGaMeZzZ for iMmeRsiOn. Wut!?

Forgive us for not taking it seriously lol.

Not really. When you play a game for the first time and for many hours after unless you specifically go and turn game music off ofc, you enter a new space in the game and the music starts playing. It's not something you need to physically go and seek out to experience it.

Soundtracks will play upon loading a new area, entering battle, entering a story area, fighting in the arena. Endless other places.
The player doesn't need to interact with it for it to become a part of the experience.
However if you cared so much about "immersion" you would agree that audio and music specifically is the key in video games and entertainment in general to making the player/viewer feel something for the environment they are in.

Personally I never listen to outside sources of music when I play a game, but that would probably be just me. Bannerlord music for the most part is great anyway.

Well Bannerlord is a fighting game. If fighting gets old then you take a break and play something else until that itch needs scratching again.

If you need your boardgame itch scratched so much there are PLENTY of games out there to do so. However a medieval fighting game with depth? There are a handful at best. So I would say why water down THIS game with boardgames. It's not important for the vision of Bannerlord it's just a little extra thing they put in to taverns to give it a bit of life. It was never meant to be anything more than that.

Precisely. And we all know the pace that Bannerlord is progressing is not as fast as we would like. So surely you can understand why other users on the forum get frustrated when with so much of the CORE of this game is broken and features are missing that when asked "What is the ONE thing you are waiting for before doing another SERIOUS play through of bannerlord?" that someone puts bOaRdGaMeZzz... bOaRdGaMeZzZ for iMmeRsiOn. Wut!?

Forgive us for not taking it seriously lol.
1) yes, music is a big part of every area of entertainment indeed, what I wanted you to understand is that everyone prioritizes something different. You are the first person that I saw saying "well, what I want is more music". Do you understand the subjectiveness in it?

2) "bannerlord is a fighting game" is a way too simplistic way to put it. I will quote you the wikipedia: "Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a strategy/action role-playing game.". And now I will add: we are lacking in the role-playing parts, and the strategy parts aren't that great either. But they are part of the game. A fighting game would be something like mortal kombat. If you want to only fight in bannerlord you might as well only do custom-battles and not touch the rest of the game.

3) "it's just a little extra thing they put in the taverns to give it a bit of life". Exactly. And here is the problem. You go talk to that npc, and he asks you the "difficulty you want to choose". Very AI-like. Instead of breathing life into the game, it takes life away, which is my main problem with it. This is the lack of polish I'm speaking about. Also, I don't see how "more features = watering down the game", I don't understand your point there.

4) I never just said "boardgames". Plus, if you get frustrated at an answer on a post that literally asks the players subjective opinion of what they need to play the game again, that's on you, not my responsibility. Plus, if you get frustrated then you didn't even read my post properly. I said plenty of other stuff, and I tied board games to "more side activities". If I just said "more board games" and that's all my contribution then I would somehow understand the frustration, if I pushed this narrative like: "TW FOCUS ON BOARDGAMES MORE, OMG". But I didn't do that.

I expressed my needs. And I am NOT the first person to say "We need more content". I said "more polished side-activities, INCLUDING boardgames". It was such a small thing in my post that you would have to be looking to get frustrated intentionally to do so, but that's nothing new to this forum anyway, as people do love getting all-negative about literally anything. And then I tied in the boardgames to something useful, like giving some more flavor to 2 factions in the game (there are 3 empire factions and they're a copy-pasted version of each other. This is a good suggestion, to give some uniqueness to the 3 factions, but ya ignore that and tunnel vision on the "bOrD gamezzzz" as you have said.

Hey, it's ok, I do forgive you. I don't mind it at all really, but I will explain myself and it is your personal choice if you want to understand anything I say or not; I think I'm explaining what I'm saying pretty clearly, but then, everyone has their own perception, which was my main point to begin with.

1) yes, music is a big part of every area of entertainment indeed, what I wanted you to understand is that everyone prioritizes something different. You are the first person that I saw saying "well, what I want is more music". Do you understand the subjectiveness in it?

2) "bannerlord is a fighting game" is a way too simplistic way to put it. I will quote you the wikipedia: "Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a strategy/action role-playing game.". And now I will add: we are lacking in the role-playing parts, and the strategy parts aren't that great either. But they are part of the game. A fighting game would be something like mortal kombat. If you want to only fight in bannerlord you might as well only do custom-battles and not touch the rest of the game.

3) "it's just a little extra thing they put in the taverns to give it a bit of life". Exactly. And here is the problem. You go talk to that npc, and he asks you the "difficulty you want to choose". Very AI-like. Instead of breathing life into the game, it takes life away, which is my main problem with it. This is the lack of polish I'm speaking about. Also, I don't see how "more features = watering down the game", I don't understand your point there.

4) I never just said "boardgames". Plus, if you get frustrated at an answer on a post that literally asks the players subjective opinion of what they need to play the game again, that's on you, not my responsibility. Plus, if you get frustrated then you didn't even read my post properly. I said plenty of other stuff, and I tied board games to "more side activities". If I just said "more board games" and that's all my contribution then I would somehow understand the frustration, if I pushed this narrative like: "TW FOCUS ON BOARDGAMES MORE, OMG". But I didn't do that.

I expressed my needs. And I am NOT the first person to say "We need more content". I said "more polished side-activities, INCLUDING boardgames". It was such a small thing in my post that you would have to be looking to get frustrated intentionally to do so, but that's nothing new to this forum anyway, as people do love getting all-negative about literally anything. And then I tied in the boardgames to something useful, like giving some more flavor to 2 factions in the game (there are 3 empire factions and they're a copy-pasted version of each other. This is a good suggestion, to give some uniqueness to the 3 factions, but ya ignore that and tunnel vision on the "bOrD gamezzzz" as you have said.

Hey, it's ok, I do forgive you. I don't mind it at all really, but I will explain myself and it is your personal choice if you want to understand anything I say or not; I think I'm explaining what I'm saying pretty clearly, but then, everyone has their own perception, which was my main point to begin with.
Well someone made a joke and you had a meltdown because they didn't agree with you as this whole essay above just highlights.

Sorry but I don't want to derail this thread with you justifying why the least important aspects of Bannerlord need looking into.
Side activities are side activities no matter what spin you put on it.
Currently the core features are missing or broken in Bannerlord. If that doesn't make sense to you and you can't understand the response you are getting then as you put it. That is on you my guy.

We aren't saying that side activites don't matter only they are not what needs the first order of priority.

You need to relax a bit.

Not gonna reply on this subject anymore I have said my piece on it. And I am actually interested in seeing other suggestions.
But next time learn to recognise a joke when you see one and laugh at it:
Ladies and gentlemen, we finally found him.

The one guy in the entire userbase who considers the board games high priority.

I’m still playing through but five things would be my priority:
  • lords responding to the player and player actions based on their personality traits.
  • siege AI. Sieges in warband were pretty fun but lacked a lot. The potential for what’s here - actually using the siege tower ladders, troops using a map’s cover, murder holes, massing at the gate - are so full of promise and would be leagues ahead of warband’s ladder ramps and field formations on castle walls. To have troops just stand around at the base of the towers, or trickle up the ladders, is disappointing.
  • Bandit economy. I don’t really even play the bandit type but it feels like this would be a great way to tie town gangs and bandit hideouts together and make it more meaningful.
  • Pre-battle army placement. I had really looked forward to that perk in tactics (and it made perfect sense to level up and unlock it). I’d be heartened for this to actually happen.
  • Auto-resolve involving at least two more variables. Perhaps terrain affecting certain units - based on the new battle regions that will be implemented - and either a lord’s tactics/leadership. I can see how auto-calcing the rock-paper-scissors would get crazy. And I know that adding two more variables would require more snowball testing (something that Mexxico worked a lot at already). But it feels that this would add a lot more variation that’d help make the game and wars unique.

Last edited:
Well someone made a joke and you had a meltdown because they didn't agree with you as this whole essay above just highlights.
200w.gif

Sorry but I don't want to derail this thread with you justifying why the least important aspects of Bannerlord need looking into.
Side activities are side activities no matter what spin you put on it.
Currently the core features are missing or broken in Bannerlord. If that doesn't make sense to you and you can't understand the response you are getting then as you put it. That is on you my guy.

We aren't saying that side activites don't matter only they are not what needs the first order of priority.

You need to relax a bit.

Not gonna reply on this subject anymore I have said my piece on it. And I am actually interested in seeing other suggestions.
But next time learn to recognise a joke when you see one and laugh at it:
Ah yes, we should all just post jokes and leave, without contributing anything because that is productive. I make a suggestion, you make a joke, I laugh and we call it a day. Surely that won't be leaving any potential developer that might be reading through the post and most likely doesn't have english as his main language with the impression that my suggestion was just a joke. Good thinking there; The reason I write so much is usually because I know some people can't comprehend simple logical sentences sometimes, as proven by the fact that some people reply negatively to my calm thoroughly-explaining posts, don't know how else to put it. I can write a whole book explaining my point and you would still see it as what you want to see it as. It's a sheepishly behavior (they didn't make that sheep texture for nothing after all), when someone sees someone being negative and then "let's all just jump on this train". We're aaall in this together, sing it! Again, proven in the fact that you say "We aren't saying", like you're now a group together in this.

Ok, I will simplify for you. I like side-activities and progression. You like music and battles. That other guy likes some other stuff, like siege AI and smithing. We all like different stuff. I don't care for your music. I don't care for smithing. Hell, he may not care for your music, and you might not care for his smithing. You can offer a suggestion, as can I, and as can he. That doesn't mean the developers will see it as a priority, so you have no reason to feel threatened as to feel the need to respond to that negatively (even in a joke manner). In the end they decide. People have been complaining about smithing for a very long time before receiving answer that "it's not a priority atm", so it's not like me saying the word "boardgame" will automatically make developers focus on it. They will only focus on it if they find it worth it. I've been saying "leveling progression" for several patches now and only about a month ago I got a response: we're working on it. That suggestion was backed by many other players, so it made sense for them to start looking into it. I give feedback especially on early game stuff and progression, always did, that's why I mentioned board-games as well, because the efficient early game player will move from town to town, do tournaments and also play a board game for 500 denars at every town. It's part of the game whether you care about it or not, I mentioned my thing, you mention yours, and let's leave it at that.

Hope those two paragraphs aren't too big for you. Have a nice day

Last edited:
you make a joke
It was someone elses joke.

Surely that won't be leaving any potential developer that might be reading through the post and most likely doesn't have english as his main language with the impression that my suggestion was just a joke.
Glad to know you speak for what the developers think. Who are they your drinking buddies?

The reason I write so much is usually because I know some people can't comprehend simple logical sentences sometimes
Now you are just coming across as an imbecile. Because I don't elaborate and write a fountain of text that means I didn't understand what you wrote?
You're point was stupid and you're reaction to a joke was stupid.
Yet your claiming to be this big intellectual when in fact you are acting like a 5 year old.

I can write a whole book explaining my point and you would still see it as what you want to see it as.
Yes you could write a book. And the point that side activities and board games trump core features of Bannerlord that are broken because you are personally bored of fighting is still dumb.

When as written above, there are very few games that fill this niche out in the wild. Where the board games you are asking for as mentioned by yourself in an older post have never been more popular and even have twitch followings, have never been better. So that itch can be scratched elsewhere.

"We aren't saying", like you're now a group together in this.
We referring to the fact me and another person in this thread both think your take was stupid. What part of that means I am unable to use the word "We"?

feel threatened
Don't flatter yourself darling.

Hope those two paragraphs aren't too big for you. Have a nice day
You really have issues if you need to get the last word in this way.
I said I don't want to derail the thread from other posters.

What is the issue with that?

People can disagree without one side "winning". Clearly a fact that you are yet to learn in that giant brain of yours :xf-wink:

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a new sheep texture, because that's a clever way for the devs to send a message to the players and quality trolling needs to be respected.
As for the board game controversy, Andrew is right, but needs to cool down. The thugs that only play the game for fighting gore and are not interested in an immersive world need to start reading novels with words and feelings and stuff, or have someone read them about "suspension of disbelief".

Glad to know you speak for what the developers think. Who are they your drinking buddies?

Now you are just coming across as an imbecile. Because I don't elaborate and write a fountain of text that means I didn't understand what you wrote?
Yet your claiming to be this big intellectual when in fact you are acting like a 5 year old.

Yes you could write a book. And the point that side activities and board games trump core features of Bannerlord that are broken because you are personally bored of fighting is still dumb.

When as written above, there are very few games that fill this niche out in the wild. Where the board games you are asking for as mentioned by yourself in an older post have never been more popular and even have twitch followings, have never been better. So that itch can be scratched elsewhere.

We referring to the fact me and another person in this thread both think your take was stupid. What part of that means I am unable to use the word "We"?

I thought you weren't going to respond anymore. Anyway, I never actually said that board games should be a priority over core features, if you would be reading anything that I say, you would understand. I mentioned this 100 times already, I said side-activities, and then mentioned board games as sort of an example, and then tied board games to giving more flavor and differentiation between 3 factions in the game - the empire. Just because you can't understand something, it doesn't mean it's stupid. I am being as explicit as I can, but you're set on clinging to your first thoughts You thought I meant something, and whatever else I say makes no difference for you now. I am not even emotional, I am calm, yet you called me butthurt, now you call me imbecile and stupid and immature, lovely. I also never claimed to be an intellectual. No offense, but me calling people dumb doesn't equal to me calling myself intelligent. I'd consider myself average realistically, but it still blows my mind that I can literally tell a person what I mean, and yet they still deny what I say and repeat their initial perception still...

No need to get emotional. You don't need to write fountain of texts for me to feel you understand my words, no (I never said this, I just explained why I write a lot - to make myself understood). The only thing that irks me is, I literally tell you my reasoning for mentioning board games and you still, irrationally, parrot the words another person says (well he said that this guy prioritizes board games over core feature, yea that's so stupid haha!)... Also, the reason I replied to that joke was because some other smart-asses would wake up and follow up on it and call me names just like you did. It's just preemptive defense. I can't stand being misinterpreted because I'm usually the odd one out. I'm not this "ultra intelligent being", I am just different. I dislike mainstream opinions, so that usually puts me in the minority. So that's that;

So the only reason I wrote so much is to make sure I am understood, but if it's not possible it's not possible. I won't hold it against you. Have a good night.

I'm waiting for a new sheep texture, because that's a clever way for the devs to send a message to the players and quality trolling needs to be respected.
As for the board game controversy, Andrew is right, but needs to cool down. The thugs that only play the game for fighting gore and are not interested in an immersive world need to start reading novels with words and feelings and stuff, or have someone read them about "suspension of disbelief".
Here's some inspiration for devs
bb7dcb3d936681df45546ca72e7fd692.jpg

People can disagree without one side "winning". Clearly a fact that you are yet to learn in that giant brain of yours :xf-wink:
You are just ignoring the person who listed facts for you to understand. And you think you know everything than most of us here? Thats not a clever behavior. Before showing your facts try to listen first.

I am also waiting for castles and town scenes to be done. For me, it is not makes sense that two different location sharing same scene.
I was just thinking this last night when fighting Sturgia for pretty much the first time (almost always play Aserai). The castles and towns are amazing awe inspiring designs (unlike many of the Empire ones) but each Keep has the exact same layout inside.

If you really think they've used up much time on board games and that's why the battles are crap you must be joking.
I never said that. I said if they don't waste any more time on it that frees up more time to work on the main game.
There has been no patch that I remember at the moment that said "We've been working hard on board games lately".
Didn't say there was. I was talking about how your post said they should be a priority.

And hey, each to their own. If for some weird reason one of the main things that draws you to Mount and Blade is not melee combat, or RPG mechanics, or RTS mechanics, or grand strategy, but the ability to play chess which you can already do IRL? Then that's fine. I simply wanted to point out that 99% of the playerbase would not feel the same way.
They started developing another game, and also use time on console stuff, so whatever you say about them wasting time on features like board games is simply not true.
So your logic is that since they're also wasting time in other areas, that means that board games somehow aren't a waste of time.
The morale system is worthless and it's at most an annoying feature. It leads to situations where you fight a small party of looters, kill a couple, and then spend 10 minutes chasing them out of the battle map if you want their loot or combat experience. They shouldn't prioritize this feature at all, they should completely remove it from the game.
It's annoying because it doesn't work properly right now. That's my entire point. If done properly as described in the devblogs, players could use morale to turn the tide of a battle strategically, which is something people like. Your argument is it should be scrapped because it isn't working? Listen to yourself.
Smithing is broken, but as TW said: not a priority.
Yeah not a priority for me either compared to the rest of that list, still a higher priority than board games though. I'd rank smithing second last and board games last priority, I think quite a few people would agree on that one.
Auto-resolve is a non-feature, it literally should not be a priority in any way. It's a way to skip one of the only features in the game, which is combat. And you want that as a priority somehow, ok.
Autoresolve dictates how every single AI vs. AI battle on the world map occurs. It also allows the player to choose to avoid sitting through 10 minutes of a boring battle with an obvious outcome, eg. 100 looters vs 1000 vanguards. Unfortunately, right now the player is forced to sit through said unfun battles because they are guaranteed to lose troops in autocalc. Thus it is a bad thing and needs improvement. Think before posting.
Why? It's just one small part of gameplay, so even though that is your preference it should still objectively not be more of a priority than any other feature. They said it themselves. Same with trading, which is something "just a small portion of players do". They're used to make money. Meanwhile board games are used to make money and build relations. If they were to be improved, you could have more fun time improving relations with NPCs, so this at least ties in to another system of the game somewhat.
The only possible way you can tie board games into other mechanics further is making them give slight gains/losses of relation with NPCs, that's it. Making board games able to give large relation gains would make no sense, and if it caused large relation loss, nobody would want to do it.

Meanwhile smithing is already tied heavily into the trade and combat systems, and trade is tied into the grand strategy systems, smithing system, and RPG systems.
Minigames have been part of games for years, and they are simply attention to detail that makes good games great.
You make the core game good first. THEN you deal with the side stuff which 99% of players will only touch once. Who plays GTA for the darts minigame? This is what I'm trying to get through to you: correct allocation of priority to the things the vast majority of players want.

I have no issue with them putting heaps of work into the board games at some point... so long as everyone else gets what they want first.

UKTranquility makes a good point, my original post was a joke, but the fact you are so deadset serious about a minigame to the point of writing essays about them and tricking me into writing an essay in return is also a great big joke on me. If you can't understand the above I don't see any need to keep trying to convince you of it as most people here already agree.

Last edited:
Who plays GTA for the darts minigame?
Not many, but if you look at people's fondest memories, it's about just driving around the countryside and listening to their favorite radio and the excellent soundtrack. Those memories are not about shooting or robbing or car chases, which is supposed to be the real game, it's about a moment they felt they were really there.
There's also a misconception that if people work on something, they don't work on something else. Taleworlds devs are organized in teams and it seems they don't do each other's work. A person responsible for a siege map navmesh or formation AI won't be assigned to board games.

simulation deaths. haven't tried an actual playthrough since there wasn't an option to do birth and death without battle deaths because simulation deaths haven't been happening.

Back
Top Bottom