Kicked from public server for not being good enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Vancour

Recruit
Hello.

I purchased Bannerlord after the same anticipation we all had. However, it has recently become apparent that the multiplayer mode is worthless to a "casual" (read bad) player such as myself. And not just because I get stomped. I get stomped at games a lot. But in Mount and Blade Bannerlord, I am not ALLOWED to play on the public servers. If I Choose the wrong unit, I'm kicked. If I misunderstand an order given to me by some random dude with a clan tag, I'm kicked.

Could someone from Taleworlds assist me in processing my return? Steam has directed me to contact to publisher directly. I did request the refund through steam after posting my negative review on paying $80 to play on some dudes private server.

Last edited:
There is no mechanics implended ingame which allows players to kick other players from server.
I'm sure that is true. I am also sure there are admin controls which do allow real people to adminster the servers and hand out mutes and bans. Anyone that has played multiplayer is well aware of the difference being a server crash and being kicked. The client behaviors are quite different.

If there had been a voting mechanism in place I would have no grevance. However, this occurred directly after a player with a popular clan tag BTL complained that I had not followerd his orders and ":I hate having to play with stupid randoms" .

So are you implying that you were kicked by TW employee, because you were "bad"?
No, I am implying that I was kicked by someone with access to server tools after a BTL tagged player said and I quote, "Hate having to play with stupid public randoms"

No, I am implying that I was kicked by someone with access to server tools
Only Taleworlds has access to those tools currently.

a BTL tagged player said and I quote, "Hate having to play with stupid public randoms"
That's just a salty tryhard saying ****. I cannot see it having any connection behind a kick.

How did you came to conclusion that you were kicked?

Your conclusion is totally wrong there is no mechanics ingame how they can kick you from the server even TW cant kick you. Probably your connection drops or server crashes.

I'm not super interested in debating something I can't prove. We all know it would require pulling server logs and no one cares enough. But here is the deal. When I pay AAA title dollars,(even for early access) I don't expect to have part of my online experience controlled by other players with a set of tools that didn't come with my copy.
Your conclusion is totally wrong there is no mechanics ingame how they can kick you from the server even TW cant kick you. Probably your connection drops or server crashes.
You honestly believe that a game dev made a game they have no controls over? You think the easter bunny hands out mutes and bans?

I'm not super interested in debating something I can't prove. We all know it would require pulling server logs and no one cares enough. But here is the deal. When I pay AAA title dollars,(even for early access) I don't expect to have part of my online experience controlled by other players with a set of tools that didn't come with my copy.

You honestly believe that a game dev made a game they have no controls over? You think the easter bunny hands out mutes and bans?
you believe that TW devs will go and personaly kick you because of your bad performance? Whats about other people who play bad are they kicked too? One thing is mute or ban other thing is kick from server. Never heard anyone being kicked from server.

MArdA TaleWorlds are you kicking this poor soul from server?

One thing is mute or ban other thing is kick from server. Never heard anyone being kicked from server.
You just said TW doesnt have admin tools. Now poeple can mute and ban. But not kick? Shhhhhh. Thanks for your interest in my issue. :roll:

Do you remember what did you see on the screen when you were "kicked"? We have the vote kick mechanism tested but it's not pushed to the game yet. And while we do have tools that can kill sessions if needed, we don't use that to kick people. We don't kick people, we only impose bans and mutes.

It's also possible that it was just a dream or hallucination caused by excessive self-entitlement.
You should assist the TW authorities here in resolving the mystery instead of insisting on the grave injustice that has befallen you, the payer of dollars.

If you were playing Skirmish, chances are the server crashed because someone left.
Like he said above this happens when someone ragequits a game and ends up crashing the game for everyone else.
@Vancour You probably experienced several game crashes, it happens alot, for a new player it may look like you have been removed from the game because it happens so suddenly, but don't worry, no one is kicking you from any game, no player has that power, only TW admins can do something like that.

What game mode were you playing if I may ask?

I doubt it was Skirmish.

It's already tough to get enough players for a full 6v6 in random public games, so there's no incentive to kick/ban anyone on that game mode -regardless of their skill level. Skirmish will gladly take anyone it can get.

If you were kicked/banned from Skirmish, it was because of either cynical teamkilling or abusive language in the chat.

What game mode were you playing if I may ask?

I doubt it was Skirmish.

It's already tough to get enough players for a full 6v6 in random public games, so there's no incentive to kick/ban anyone on that game mode -regardless of their skill level. Skirmish will gladly take anyone it can get.

If you were kicked/banned from Skirmish, it was because of either cynical teamkilling or abusive language in the chat.
ye but they are not kicking you for teamkilling they BAN you and for abusive language they mute or BAN from MP. Most realistic it was server crashes whats happening offten.

ye but they are not kicking you for teamkilling they BAN you and for abusive language they mute or BAN from MP. Most realistic it was server crashes whats happening offten.

Ye, but in OP's original post, they say:

I am not ALLOWED to play on the public servers

Which sounds like they are experiencing a ban rather than the (admittedly) crappy servers constantly crashing.

I don't know, it just seems like only half the truth is being told, or certain details are being omitted in OP's testimony.

@Vancour could you please clarify what exactly happened in the moments leading up to your removal from the game?

Servers most likely just crashed and the guy thought he was kicked.
Like what's the probability of someone having admin tools that taleworlds barely have themselves in a live build? 0.1%?
And what's the probability of having a server crash? 80%

Back
Top Bottom