Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Wuko

Recruit
Summary: 1.5.8 (beta)
Every time I load up the game I have some of the images and portraits not load in. every time. This time it was all character portraits.

How to Reproduce: open the game
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Imgur Images
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3080
GPU Driver Version: 461.09
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16 GB (2 x 8GB)
Motherboard: AB350 - Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

I have pretty much the same problem since I build in my RTX 3080 on sunday, but mine are worse. I have a lot of black bits on avatars but also wrong textures on some weapons/horses and stuff (like the Normalmap is shown, or the weapon is partly transparent or yellow something like that).

I have an old GTX980 with same issues after latest 1.58 Beta patch hotfix. So it´s not the grapics card. But i noticed some texture improvements when i turned off shadow filtering in graphic settings. PCF=Off.

We are aware of this issue and working really hard to fix this as soon as possible. Our previous fixed did not help. :sad: Thanks for reporting.
Well this is the beta branch after all so not like glitches like this are surprising when we opt in to test. I am curious if it wasn't happening on TaleWorlds' end which is why it's been so hard to fix.

If I were to guess of a cause it would be related to the DLSS implementation. Significant changes to the way that the images are processed seems to touch too closely to the affected systems we're seeing.

Well this is the beta branch after all so not like glitches like this are surprising when we opt in to test. I am curious if it wasn't happening on TaleWorlds' end which is why it's been so hard to fix.

If I were to guess of a cause it would be related to the DLSS implementation. Significant changes to the way that the images are processed seems to touch too closely to the affected systems we're seeing.

Speaking from experience... If you have a relatively small number of testers and everything is fine, and then push the update out to thousands of users, then there's a chance that a 1 in a hundred issue is missed, that still might affect thousands of users. It's down to relative scale and how much your testers reflect real world diversity of setups.

To cover for this type of scenario, those of us on the Beta branch are a second more numerous and more diverse set of testers who will pick these kinds of issues up before the final rollout.

Back
Top Bottom