A thread for veterans

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey you “warband veterens”
whats up
what should we do now ?
Devs has a little different view to what some of us want
i just want to know, are we really just a “vocal minority” and the game design gonna stay like this ?
I want to know if thats true “that we are just a few bunch of people”
because i feel that caring about this game affects me personally only, and it doesn’t contribute anything to the devs...
i just want to find my peace, it’s hard to leave mount & blade like this after too much hours and fun
but i’m busy with total war now, maybe it’s time to be just a casual mount and blade player

so again to set the topic straight
Are we just few numbered people and how much do we matter at this point, should we continue sharing in the forums, is it really beneficial.

And please try to avoid harshness against the devs because i think moderators are locking toxic threads
Thanks..

grug once roam grug plain with grug tribe in grug cave
tale of world tribe come say grug come to new plain
tale of world tribe tell grug new plain good for grug
tale of world tribe say they spent eight big cold making new plain for grug
grug come new plain but no more grug cave or grug tribe
grug just want throw rock but tale of world tribe make long-nosed dog knock grug on ground all day
grug try stop long nosed dog with pointy stick but long nosed dog keep running at grug
grug then try chase after stick thrower tribe but grug legs not like sabretooth
grug never catch stick thrower tribe and stick thrower tribe never run out of stick on new plain
grug know he lift heavier rock than other tribe but other tribe run around grug
grug think tale of world tribe trick grug saying tale of world tribe spent 8 big cold on new plain
grug think tale of world tribe not lift heavy rock like grug
grug ask tale of world tribe give grug cave to play with grug tribe
tale of world tribe forget how to make mouth-words
grug just want play in grug cave with grug tribe like time of grug plain

grug once roam grug plain with grug tribe in grug cave
tale of world tribe come say grug come to new plain
tale of world tribe tell grug new plain good for grug
tale of world tribe say they spent eight big cold making new plain for grug
grug come new plain but no more grug cave or grug tribe
grug just want throw rock but tale of world tribe make long-nosed dog knock grug on ground all day
grug try stop long nosed dog with pointy stick but long nosed dog keep running at grug
grug then try chase after stick thrower tribe but grug legs not like sabretooth
grug never catch stick thrower tribe and stick thrower tribe never run out of stick on new plain
grug know he lift heavier rock than other tribe but other tribe run around grug
grug think tale of world tribe trick grug saying tale of world tribe spent 8 big cold on new plain
grug think tale of world tribe not lift heavy rock like grug
grug ask tale of world tribe give grug cave to play with grug tribe
tale of world tribe forget how to make mouth-words
grug just want play in grug cave with grug tribe like time of grug plain
As an anthropologist, I must study these ancient and primal words of wisdom... and then I must DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL! :wink:

(That's a +1)

I was a competitive NW player for years. I played with the class system in the DLC and loved it. However NW is not warband, and honestly Warband would never have become as popular as it did if it had been a class system like NW. Bannerlord is proof of this. The format of Bannerlord simply doesn't work with the class system and I feel like TW is simply digging themselves a larger and larger hole the longer they stubbornly continue with this system. It is one of the things that has basically killed the MP and after 612 hours of almost all skirmish games I can tell you that it is a waste of time and money in its current state. I will play again once battle comes out but I know that in it's current form I'll never love it like Warband or NW

Hey you “warband veterens”
whats up
what should we do now ?
Devs has a little different view to what some of us want
i just want to know, are we really just a “vocal minority” and the game design gonna stay like this ?
I want to know if thats true “that we are just a few bunch of people”
because i feel that caring about this game affects me personally only, and it doesn’t contribute anything to the devs...
i just want to find my peace, it’s hard to leave mount & blade like this after too much hours and fun
but i’m busy with total war now, maybe it’s time to be just a casual mount and blade player

so again to set the topic straight
Are we just few numbered people and how much do we matter at this point, should we continue sharing in the forums, is it really beneficial.

And please try to avoid harshness against the devs because i think moderators are locking toxic threads
Thanks..
Is it really beneficial? No, clearly not, this game is going downhill despite all the feedback and criticism
are we a minority? Well I don't know from the 100 guys that play multiplayer and having half of them complaining, I don't know, I don't think that in such a little amount of people playing it's enough to even have a minority lmao.

that is sad,,
i guess forums is a waste of time then,
because there is no interaction with the players who keep asking for immersion, rolepay, and more weapons and customization choices in mp
such a waste and not reasonable

It is what it is, plenty of good mods out for Attila Total War to play. No need to waste time with this type of programing. Might be a few years before I touch this, needs drastic modding to have replay ability.

I was a competitive NW player for years. I played with the class system in the DLC and loved it. However NW is not warband, and honestly Warband would never have become as popular as it did if it had been a class system like NW.
You would be surprised at how much people do not understand how the class system NW has fits NW because of the time period (context) as opposed to native.

I mean, yes. We are a vocal minority, and we will continue to be ignored. That doesn't mean we're wrong, though. The current state of multiplayer (with maybe 100 players at the peak) proves that TW's game design is ridiculous and we've been right to point that out since the alpha tests. Whether it's useful to continue pointing out flaws since we're consistently ignored... I guess that depends on how masochistic you are.

Anyone who played Warband gave up on Bannerlord a long time ago, and 90% of new players just stick to single player.

I only know one new player, a co-worker I convinced to buy it at the very beginning. Fortunately he still enjoys single player campaign once in a while so I don't have to feel too bad.

But he definitely has no interest in MP. When I explain what "it could have been", his ears do perk up. All I can do now is assure him the modders will fix everything.

I think right now we are a minority because the bulk of the players gave up. Those who remain are those, who for some twisted reason, enjoy the gamet the way it is, and us, the diehards who keep dreaming TaleWorlds will fix the game.

Those who remain are those, who for some twisted reason, enjoy the gamet the way it is, and us, the diehards who keep dreaming TaleWorlds will fix the game.
There's a difference between enjoying a game, and playing it because you belong to the same ethnostate as the developers and must stand by what your fellow countrymen has done nonetheless of its imperfections. Unfortunately, the latter, yet how ridiculous it appears, seems somewhat true. At least from what you can tell of the voluntarily given location of users on the forums and comparing them to those being white knights and those being realists, and from who's still populating the servers in-game.

There's a difference between enjoying a game, and playing it because you belong to the same ethnostate as the developers and must stand by what your fellow countrymen has done nonetheless of its imperfections. Unfortunately, the latter, yet how ridiculous it appears, seems somewhat true. At least from what you can tell of the voluntarily given location of users on the forums and comparing them to those being white knights and those being realists, and from who's still populating the servers in-game.
Oh, I think I know why:
"Individuals commit the sunk cost fallacy when they continue a behavior or endeavor as a result of previously invested resources (time, money or effort) (Arkes & Blumer, 1985)."

Dunno man.

I had a kind of inappropriate amount of hope for the community and Bannerlord. I learned a lot from and invested a lot of time in the Warband modding community.
Warband and the wider modding scene was a moment in time, a happy coincidence, and I don't think its something that can happen again here. TaleWorlds is not hungry like they were. A year of game development from a motivated staff does not look like the year of EA we just had. Their problem has always been follow through. Hell, Warband was created to "finish" Mount&Blade in the first place, and only did a 3/4 job of that. I don't like to sound harsh, as I honestly want the best for TW, but the open world we have is mostly Warband with nicer menus. Half of the dialogue is still copy-pasted.
I'm not seeing a lot of hunger from TW to make any significant changes to multiplayer. No idea what's going on, there must be some internal squabbles or something, as most of the solutions are not heavy lifts.
TaleWorlds has always been kind of myopically obsessed with scene creation, I wonder how much more game there could have been if every pointless village in the world didn't have its own custom scene that you have no reason to explore.

Coming from an NW perspective I know me and some people in our regiment like the direction of the singleplayer a lot and we've played Warband for 10+ years. I can't speak for the quality of the modding tools, but assuming they are good there's a lot of potential.

Multiplayer on the other hand is not good. I'm not sure if they tried to pander to the competitive community with the introduction of matchmaking, the armory and other features. In doing this they failed, the competitive community as far as I know doesn't even like the game.

NW is the most popular module on Warband. It is so popular due to public servers, linebattle events, scripted servers - in other words all community hosted servers. If TW wanted to know what made NW so successful in multiplayer they should have focused on this, and transferred these lessons to Bannerlord's multiplayer.

I'm not sure if the class system is a strange attempt to emulate NW's system, but it doesn't work, and I agree that the native system is superior. Either way they 100% should have got community servers in first before wasting dev time on armoury and other things. Warband MP was popular because of huge battles, not because of 5v5 competitive matches. Whether it's The Deluge, NW, PK or whatever this holds true.

I heard people say 'oh but the servers are unstable'. Well, if they are unstable they will crash on TW infrastructure anyway lol. I would have accepted server instability, the priorities were just wrong. But I'm sure they will add them eventually.

The game is pretty fun compared to other games, at least for me. The biggest problem of especially MP is the pace of progress, i wont even start on their reluctance of scrapping the class system for everything besides Captains Mode, in the first year of early access almost nothing go added, a few maps ok thats fine and also the combat adjustments really made the game more enjoyable as a whole. I understand the pandemic makes it harder to work for them as well, but seriously this game´s MP could be a gold mine but from what i know there is only a handfull (maybe 5 at most) MP devs, which is to be honest unacceptable with the current content.
If they had any sense of business they would hire more devs for MP and get battle, custom servers and ranked matchmaking working ASAP. How they even think battle is not needed is absolutly beyond me, the people calling shots in TW have no clue about what made Warbands MP popular in the first place.

I heard people say 'oh but the servers are unstable'. Well, if they are unstable they will crash on TW infrastructure anyway lol. I would have accepted server instability, the priorities were just wrong. But I'm sure they will add them eventually.
Exactly. The three main arguments against releasing dedicated servers is "the game's still unstable", "the game's still being patched so you can't make mods", and "TW needs info from servers". The first is acceptable to the vast majority of players, who I guarantee will have more fun with buggy/unstable servers rather than no servers at all. The second is also the case for singleplayer, and guess what: mods are being made for it.

The third is a somewhat valid point, but so far the data collected by TW has been used to tweak the damage values of the handful of items available in Native Multiplayer, and change how much certain classes cost. Such massive changes, wow.

Exactly. The three main arguments against releasing dedicated servers is "the game's still unstable", "the game's still being patched so you can't make mods", and "TW needs info from servers". The first is acceptable to the vast majority of players, who I guarantee will have more fun with buggy/unstable servers rather than no servers at all. The second is also the case for singleplayer, and guess what: mods are being made for it.

The third is a somewhat valid point, but so far the data collected by TW has been used to tweak the damage values of the handful of items available in Native Multiplayer, and change how much certain classes cost. Such massive changes, wow.
If you mean they host the servers themselves and thus can collect data, their argument is absolute rubbish! They already have a key server in Warband, which means there is some degree of remote 'monitoring', if you will, of Warband servers.

They could have setup a telemetry system so community servers report these things to a central place anyway. Literally, Paradox Interactive does this. After HoI 4 came out they published data showing which countries were played the most after the first week or something.

Well another NW bro here, my whole regiment bought and installed Bannerlord day 1, we are from North America and we couldn't find a siege match(siege servers didn't work for jack). We had way to many to play Skrimish and also we didn't want to spilit up what's the point of having a group of 14 people all on not to play together. Lack of maps and gamemodes compared to NW made the few of us that played bored of it fast. Withen a month everyone except 2 players fully returned to NW, the other 2 stopped playing a few months later. Now we are still on Nw and try out Bannerlord occasionally. But Bannerlord just feels like **** to play and I would rather form a Mordhau group just because I can own my server.

Honestly it seems like all we can do is wait for modders to save the game, TW seems completely unwilling to adapt to feedback and too set in their vision for how the game should be, just hope the modders come back when the game is finally more stable.

The community's been giving feedback and saying "this sucks, warband did this and that better and here is why <detailed wall of text>" since closed beta and nothing changed on that direction (basically nothing changed at all beyond bugfixes and two or three small features added so far)

I've given up on multiplayer and just returned to warband when i want to play it, bannerlord tries to be the next great e-sport, moba or something while warband just tries to be fun, no amount of shiny graphics can triumph over fun gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom