Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
N/A (no crash)
Game's "How to Learn" flavor text: "Raid caravans. Recruit and lead bandit troops. Infiltrate enemy towns. Give bribes. Escape from captivity."

All in in game results listed at base skill points gamed pre-multiple effect:
1. SP for ransoming troop: All ransomed troops/lords give 6 flat SP regardless of level/tier. A looter, Darkahn, and lord all give exactly 6 SP. I believe that the game is intended to give more roguery exp based on troop tier.
2. SP for recruiting bandit troop: 4 SP per troop tier (looter is 4, highwayman is 24). Working as intent ended I believe
3. "Lead bandit troops" portion not working. There is no daily tick to roguery exp for having a bandit army nor is there a skill point reward for upgrading bandit troops.

Semi-related problems with raiding:
1. It is FAR too slow to be profitable for a raiding-sized group (75-100 troops)
2. Troops do not heal during raiding, resulting in a poorer performance for a 'behind enemy lines' playstyle than should be intended

PC specs: N/A
Bugs exist on 157 and 158

Game's "How to Learn" flavor text: "Raid caravans. Recruit and lead bandit troops. Infiltrate enemy towns. Give bribes. Escape from captivity."

All in in game results listed at base skill points gamed pre-multiple effect:
1. SP for ransoming troop: All ransomed troops/lords give 6 flat SP regardless of level/tier. A looter, Darkahn, and lord all give exactly 6 SP. I believe that the game is intended to give more roguery exp based on troop tier.
2. SP for recruiting bandit troop: 4 SP per troop tier (looter is 4, highwayman is 24). Working as intent ended I believe
3. "Lead bandit troops" portion not working. There is no daily tick to roguery exp for having a bandit army nor is there a skill point reward for upgrading bandit troops.

Semi-related problems with raiding:
1. It is FAR too slow to be profitable for a raiding-sized group (75-100 troops)
2. Troops do not heal during raiding, resulting in a poorer performance for a 'behind enemy lines' playstyle than should be intended

PC specs: N/A
Bugs exist on 157 and 158
For the first one, we can consider increasing the experience ratios to make the system scale based on the levels of your troops you donate.
For the third one "Lead bandit troops" portion not working. There is no daily tick to roguery exp for having a bandit army nor is there a skill point reward for upgrading bandit troops." This actually works however you have to have your morale higher than 70 (higher it is higher the experience gain) As always, thank you for your feedback!

For the first one, we can consider increasing the experience ratios to make the system scale based on the levels of your troops you donate.
For the third one "Lead bandit troops" portion not working. There is no daily tick to roguery exp for having a bandit army nor is there a skill point reward for upgrading bandit troops." This actually works however you have to have your morale higher than 70 (higher it is higher the experience gain) As always, thank you for your feedback!
Thanks! Three more issues I came across after testing:
1. SP gain for killing a civillian unit is 1 SP per unit tier. This means that the player would have to kill about 1.2 million peasants to hit 275 roguery. If the player were attacking caravans they would have to destroy around 20,000 full caravans.Is this rate intended to be increased?
2. There is no SP gain for killing militia troops. Should they count as civilian units for the purposes of roguery exp gain?
3. There is no SP gain from completing roguery missions (smuggling, rival gang, 'robbing' the deliver the herd), etc.

Some thoughts:
1. Right now roguery requires high leadership to level. If I want to do a bandit playthrough how do I obtain high leadership? It seems like I would have to be a vassal, lead armies, and then take a huge step back in power to play as a bandit.

2. If the SP gain from ransoming is increased the rogue playstyle is still bad--the best way to get ransom-gold is to fight in large lord vs lord battles. Linking roguery EXP to ransom gold makes roguery a powerful but boring economic skill.

3. What can be done to make roguery a viable playstyle? Some ideas:
a. Roguery decreases your party's detection radius, allowing you to play behind enemy lines
b. Roguery increases party morale based on the percentage of bandit troops in the party
c. Rogue-style missions (Lord asks you to raid 3 villages of an opposing faction, destroy caravans, kill villagers, etc).
d. Raiding is faster based on the percentage of bandit troops in the party (a perk perhaps)

Playing a bandit is not implemented yet. Not even the 'play a bandit a few hundred days before you become a merc' style.
There are many threads in the suggestion forum about this.

Playing a bandit is not implemented yet. Not even the 'play a bandit a few hundred days before you become a merc' style.
There are many threads in the suggestion forum about this.
Separate issue.

If my memory serves me correctly in 1.4.x versions the player could get 5-10+ roguery points from ransoming off a stack of lords, I believe that a recent refactor broke the code that checks for unit tier when calculating roguery exp from ransoming.

Something is really off there. I have 181 bandit troop in my party with 100 morale, daily tick for leading bandit troops was only 190, after 3.5 learning multiplier. It will take almost full in-game season to level up my roguery skill from 70 to 71 at this rate.

Something is really off there. I have 181 bandit troop in my party with 100 morale, daily tick for leading bandit troops was only 190, after 3.5 learning multiplier. It will take almost full in-game season to level up my roguery skill from 70 to 71 at this rate.
Yes. Was listed as a fixed bug in this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/roguery-exp.435086/
It looks like the roguery exp gain was broken and fixed to function but workable values were not re-entered into the code

If you wanted to level roguery to 275 you would literally have to knock out and ransom 300,000 or so peasants.

1. SP gain for killing a civillian unit is 1 SP per unit tier. This means that the player would have to kill about 1.2 million peasants to hit 275 roguery. If the player were attacking caravans they would have to destroy around 20,000 full caravans.Is this rate intended to be increased?
I just wanted to note that I just used this as an example of the insane jankiness of BL's level grind and - months later - I don't believe it's been fixed.

Even with 4x XP from Bannerlord Tweaks, I find that Roguery is basically an NPC skill at this point.

Back
Top Bottom