Skin dependant shape for footwear

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, i have been experimenting with a few custom races, each with different bodyshapes as well as adding new frames of vertex animations to some armors via OpenBrf to match all skins. The problem are the other armor parts besides the torso. The hand armor has their vertex animation used in other way, and the foot armor doesn't seem to make use of this feature. So my question; How can i make an item that is an armor, so it makes use of this feature, but is equipped on the feet slot of the inventory?
If its possible, then i think one could make this armor force show the body, and then no more weird looking bulky orc player with naked torso and slim human footwears to kill immersion.

Late response perhaps. Morph is not working for footwear, morph works only on body armors (boots and helmet only with WSE).
Source
Never is too late thanks :smile:, i noticed that also they morph up to the 7th frame of the mesh, no matter what i added to the module system, so i'm relying on the trigger on_init_item and WSE to get the items mesh for each race. Works fine except for the hand armor. I think i'm just going to hide the hand slot in the inventory and remove all hand armor :wink:

Upvote 0
Yeah, I also looked at header_skins.py and noticed that only seven frames are possible for meshes. Was just thinking if more would work there but you appearantly tested it already :lol:
But I actually never used more than four and even those not really active, only as exceptions. So I wonder a bit why you would need more than seven ^^

Upvote 0
Yeah, I also looked at header_skins.py and noticed that only seven frames are possible for meshes. Was just thinking if more would work there but you appearantly tested it already :lol:
But I actually never used more than four and even those not really active, only as exceptions. So I wonder a bit why you would need more than seven ^^
I'm making a warcraft mod with about 13 playable races and they have very different morphology, and i want all of them to be able to use the same items just like in WoW, the armors are just skin tight with shoulders on top. When i started (recently) i tough that there were no limits in the amount of skins that you could have :facepalm:, but now i'm saving those extra 3 for big and small creatures, and made the hand armor just part of the torso one for now. Had to cut female dwarf for example :lol:.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom