Nail in the coffin (2am)

Users who are viewing this thread

soul_jak

Sergeant at Arms
Okay I’m going to try my best to talk about how frustratingly **** this game is in an organized manner.

To start the idea of playing bannerlord atm always sounds fun (I currently have 1026hr in game) but the unfortunate truth is this game is never fun or enjoyable. It’s always frustrating. I’ll explain why below by starting off with features that should have been in game day one regardless of early access.

1. BETTER SERVERS
2. VOTE TO KICK
3. ROAD MAP
4. BETTER SPAWNS
5. LOADOUT

Number 1. Servers. (I’m NA btw) In the words of chowski “ur severs are dog” the amount of ping spikes, disconnects, ppl needing vpns, ur horrible server location, ur choice in server company every thing about how servers are handled is just plainly bad. I just don’t understand how a game chooses a server company who can’t even provide the basic features of 1 stable connection 2 prime locations. Before this game came out ppl said Chicago, Midwest but what do u do? Let’s split it! Altho I’m glad about west na servers the only problem is I have the choice now of 20 ping or 80 ping, and let me just say both play very differently. Why would u pick 80 ping over 20 ping jak??? Ievents or turns or pickups will always be on the east coast so there really is no point for me to get used to 20 ping. Also u ****ed NA by splitting NA in half when all we want is to play together on a central server.

Number 2. Vote to kick, let the players in each game decide who’s being toxic/trolling. It’s faster, it’s less arguments, it’ll probably free up a devs time to maybe fix the game. U guys are professional developers working for a licensed game company how the **** is this hard to do? Why is this not something in game right now?

Number 3. Roadmap. Would help keep us who bought the game to actuallysee what’s coming like the so called duel mode/battle mode. I guess over all communicate with ur player base instead of not saying anything and then guessing we all want a crossbow buff and then leave the op weapon in the game just long enough to make more players leave. Fr how many forum moderators do u guys have? And most of them I see posts always say “yeah that would be a cool idea idk what the devs are doing.”

Number 4. Better spawns. Tdm the most basic simple mode has never had any effort to fix the spawns would be nice to hop in a game and not get couched right away or have an archer shoot u in the back or spawn looking at 10 enemies. LET SKIRMISH AND SIEGE PICK OUR SPAWN LOCATIONS fr I’m tired of this run run run run oh wait we lost to moral cuz we spawned farthest point away from the flag.

Number 5. The good ol equipment pick. Classes work for captain (later we will talk about balancing these modes separately) but for skirmish siege and tdm and duels plz plz plz let us create our own load outs this is not apex/over watch/ 3 lane map bs u can make esports but stop with this **** plz

Now for balancing and combat, I understands there’s a lot of variables that come into play during combat but fr this shouldn’t be some crazy science stuff to get consistent combat. Relative movement speed? Weapon weight? Swing speed? Stance? What god u worship???? No wonder ppl say combat feels rng cuz it basically is with all this. Right swing with a western sword can do 15-80 dmg (talking about same swing on the same opponent doing different dmg) how is this no different then rolling 80 sided dice. Also balance captain and skirmish differently ur patches that fix skirm breaks captain, ur captain patch brakes skirmish stop thinking that two different modes will work with the same class, it’s like going into a new relationship thinking ur new gf will like all the same **** ur ex liked. IT WONT WORK! Change the class names and looks for the different modes to justify the different weapon stats OR U COULD JUST DO THE FAR BETTER WARBAND EQUIPMENT LOADOUT THAT EVERYONE LOVED TO SKIRMISH AND SIEGE. Just saying.

And to finally end this very well educated informed rant on a somber note... custom servers. To the devs reading this just answer one question why are custom servers not a thing? I want to enjoy this game but it’s just not fun to play anymore, every balance patch that comes out always breaks something else, na wants to do big events like the eu servers have but any effort from our side has always ended up being ghosted yet eu has had 3-4 of these private servers events now? Meanwhile na has be split in two and other places like SA don’t even get a server.

Oh yeah and remember duel mode and battle mode? I do. How hard is it to implement the “press f to duel” in duel server.

I really really want bannerlord to be the best game it can be but atm moment there are too many nails in the coffin so till then I’ll be seeing u all in Valheim

Can't tell if you meant to sh!t on TW, or sh!t on OP. Because this sentence has a double meaning at this point.
966f603ee6a0b868b093863d6123443b.png

Day 345: "Let's make another thread that says the same"
There is a lot of repetition in this forum, probably because the complaints remain the same because TaleWorlds rarely addresses them. Some people are trying their best to enjoy the game and still have hope that some of the glaring flaws will be fixed.

But most of us have given up and are waiting for custom servers so we can fix it ourselves, and only check the forums once in awhile to see if anything has been done.

I do really find it odd that so many developers have this unshakeable faith in what they call 'the silent majority'. The silent majority is an imaginary large group of people who never comment because they agree with everything the devs do. The devs look at how many people are playing SP and decided the silent majority love both SP and MP, but love SP waaay more than MP so they play it more. They don't think that people only play SP because MP sucks, and the only reason they tolerate SP is because they need their medieval fix and Bannerlord is still better than anything else out there, and is so much prettier than Warband.

We have to repeat the same complaints until they start adressing them. We have been re-telling them what will be the demise of this game and they do nothing about it. As if we are not a sample big enough to represent the overall gaming community. Hey Taleworlds, If 95% the 100 remaining players in Bannerlord tells you the class system is garbage, statistically what it means is that it is garbage and needs to be removed.

Everyone: This is HORRIBLE IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
Taleworld: We'll fix it eventually when we get around to it, its not a priority.
Everyone: Thank you for the reply you're doing a great job!

1 month later
Taleworld: We'll fix it eventually when we get around to it, its not a priority.

1 month later
This is why there should be communication with the players.

It keeps players content even tho game is what it is.

1 month later
This is some type of Creative Assembly ****; they know something is broken and bad but don't fix it.
Taleworlds also knows stuff is broken and bad and ****, but doesn't have the people to fix it?/intentionally ****s up another thing whilst fixing one/sp is their priority/they don't care about the multiplayer as it represents only 300ish people rn out of 10k-15k total concurrent players?.
Imo the production in mp will always be slow unless they decide sp is done %100 and move all devs to mp xd.
A good example is crushthrough removal time and proper duel mode that was promised a few months ago.

1 month later

but the population of "everyone" has reduced

Guys, if you are playing Solo mostly why troll on such posts, where obvious bugs are killing multiplayer?
Same trolls are posting same non constructive posts. TW is prioritizing SP from the very beginning and all patches are into it.

Now Multiplayer - it is what actually makes this game known and alive for newcomers with Events, Tournaments, Leagues and competitions, with some efforts to even bring Skirmishes and Captains Mode to eSports (unique mode for this game series not seen anywhere else).
While some biggest more game-breaking bugs are still there, Community are still pushing for bug fixes of 3 most annoying things.
Know so many great folks, streamers as well who just stop playing this due to those main 3 bugs in Multiplayer.

Soon there will be only Single Player to it as less and less peoples are going Multi. But it will put this game nowhere.
Also TW have separate team for Multiplayer.

they are still collecting data so they cannot have custom servers yet while they are still working on the bare bones of the game,

but i agree, the game needs custom server to fix all the weird choices taleworlds have made

Guys, if you are playing Solo mostly why troll on such posts, where obvious bugs are killing multiplayer?
Same trolls are posting same non constructive posts. TW is prioritizing SP from the very beginning and all patches are into it.
You know, I've been wondering the same for a couple of years now ever since actually becoming active on these forums in order to promote in-game events and campaigns for our community, as well as giving my input during the BL Beta and other suggestions. Some users here appear to be hardcore players whose goal is to trigger a Xbox vs PS, or OSRS vs RS3 fight by pushing provocative propaganda usually similar to ideas such as TW can only have one focus, and that's to focus developing SP or MP, not both and especially not at the same times, even if they got over 100 employees.

You know, I've been wondering the same for a couple of years now ever since actually becoming active on these forums in order to promote in-game events and campaigns for our community, as well as giving my input during the BL Beta and other suggestions. Some users here appear to be hardcore players whose goal is to trigger a Xbox vs PS, or OSRS vs RS3 fight by pushing provocative propaganda usually similar to ideas such as TW can only have one focus, and that's to focus developing SP or MP, not both and especially not at the same times, even if they got over 100 employees.
You're confusing focus to lack of attention.

Just lose hope on this game, go play Valheim, those guys made and actual fun game and is 80% cheaper than this trash. Besides, those devs don't hide themselves behind excuses and yell "THIS IS EA STOP COMPLAINING" to their players like AVCR does. Can't believe I wasted my money and time on this game, it feels like a literal scam.
The only thing that sounds good is the duel server but it still doesn't sound convincing, and I won't be able to enjoy it anyways because TW doesn't gives a **** about SA

Just lose hope on this game, go play Valheim, those guys made and actual fun game and is 80% cheaper than this trash. Besides, those devs don't hide themselves behind excuses and yell "THIS IS EA STOP COMPLAINING" to their players like AVCR does. Can't believe I wasted my money and time on this game, it feels like a literal scam.
The only thing that sounds good is the duel server but it still doesn't sound convincing, and I won't be able to enjoy it anyways because TW doesn't gives a **** about SA
Valheim is a good example of a game with developers that know how to interact with other human beings.

they are still collecting data so they cannot have custom servers yet while they are still working on the bare bones of the game,

but i agree, the game needs custom server to fix all the weird choices taleworlds have made
the only data they are collecting is that they are losing players

Back
Top Bottom