Information about developments at snowballing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Who is/will be the community liaison after Mexxico? Is callum even still here??
This is a picture of elves leaving the middle earth.

I am still here. We still have 3-4 more months. We will do lots in this time all together. Thanks for all your comments.

Bannerlord is something we created all together and it will be a better game by time pass.
H7c7r6E.png

You can have some kind of button here to replenish all the "cohesion" of the army at once. Or a checkbox for "automatic replenishment" would be even better. Sometimes, when the army is large with a large number of lords, it is very annoying to replenish the strip every time ...

H7c7r6E.png

You can have some kind of button here to replenish all the "cohesion" of the army at once. Or a checkbox for "automatic replenishment" would be even better. Sometimes, when the army is large with a large number of lords, it is very annoying to replenish the strip every time ...
What version is this?
I am pretty sure I have a button to get cohesion up on top of the menu. Its super easy and takes no time to add influence to cohesion.

H7c7r6E.png

@emrozdemir please add this and add something that tells us how much influence it's going to cost

H7c7r6E.png

I think good option would be adding auto-replenish checkbox next to current replenish button.
When set on it would keep current cohesion just above daily decay rate - to keep army from disbanding, but won't waste much influence when you decide to disband.
Maybe also display daily cohesion decay in army management screen and turn it red when you are low on influence

Hi there! im new so sorry if already proposed: about castles i second the notable thing, plus i think a smithy will be nice expecially now with the 1.5.8 where it's not so easy to have a city as lordless or not ( rebellions very rare, taking a city even as a faction with big armies very difficult) and you will find yourself with a castle or two and the necessity to stay around to prevent the loss of it/them or heavy raiding of villages. Another issue i've found related to AI so i hope to be in topic is the Beglomuar basin (Battania territory) : if you set up a party with a clan member and you have Lageta this party will almost constantly patrol the basin letting your villagers easy prey of outlaws.

OK OK everybody shut up for a second:
No speed bonus for Khuzaits, instead give them a bonus to mounted archer accuracy (or damage, whichever is easier to implement, and it would come to basically the same thing.

Several reasons: No more Khuzait snowballing. Their snowballing is OBVIOUSLY, to me anyway, caused by their speed bonus. If no one can catch them to fight or escape them, then that's the end of the story. All this tweaking AI and other game mechanics? You're just solving one problem and creating a different one, sometimes two.

Stop trying to make OTHER factions more powerful to counter ONE faction's snowball. You just end up with a mess.

Also, having their cultural bonus be faster horses makes zero sense. The Mongols rode little pony type horses. They were rugged and hardy, not super fast. If anything, Aserai should have that speed bonus, not Khuzaits, because all the desert/Aserai horse varieties are faster, for f's sake. But really, don't do that, then the Aserai would snowball instead of Khuzaits.

So the speed bonus for Khuzait horses makes no sense. Great. Now to give them a cultural bonus that actually makes a lick of sense and DOESN'T lead to snowballing, give their mounted archers a bonus to accuracy. If this is not possible for some reason, do damage instead. But it should be accuracy if possible. Why? Because the Mongols were fckn great at shooting from horseback, obviously. That was their whole thing, what made them different from other culture's armies back in the day. Like. Why do I even have to say this.

It would make them more challenging to fight, and I know that horse archers are already a pain in the ass to fight, but so were the Mongols. But at least you could catch them on the damn map, or escape them, as could the AI. And once you DO engage them, you can totally win as long as you have numbers or high tier troops in your favor. But them being able to escape any battle they choose, or engage any battle they choose, means they're always fighting lower numbers or lower tier troops. This is nonsense.

Thoughts?

OK OK everybody shut up for a second:
No speed bonus for Khuzaits, instead give them a bonus to mounted archer accuracy (or damage, whichever is easier to implement, and it would come to basically the same thing.

Several reasons: No more Khuzait snowballing. Their snowballing is OBVIOUSLY, to me anyway, caused by their speed bonus. If no one can catch them to fight or escape them, then that's the end of the story. All this tweaking AI and other game mechanics? You're just solving one problem and creating a different one, sometimes two.

Stop trying to make OTHER factions more powerful to counter ONE faction's snowball. You just end up with a mess.

Also, having their cultural bonus be faster horses makes zero sense. The Mongols rode little pony type horses. They were rugged and hardy, not super fast. If anything, Aserai should have that speed bonus, not Khuzaits, because all the desert/Aserai horse varieties are faster, for f's sake. But really, don't do that, then the Aserai would snowball instead of Khuzaits.

So the speed bonus for Khuzait horses makes no sense. Great. Now to give them a cultural bonus that actually makes a lick of sense and DOESN'T lead to snowballing, give their mounted archers a bonus to accuracy. If this is not possible for some reason, do damage instead. But it should be accuracy if possible. Why? Because the Mongols were fckn great at shooting from horseback, obviously. That was their whole thing, what made them different from other culture's armies back in the day. Like. Why do I even have to say this.

It would make them more challenging to fight, and I know that horse archers are already a pain in the ass to fight, but so were the Mongols. But at least you could catch them on the damn map, or escape them, as could the AI. And once you DO engage them, you can totally win as long as you have numbers or high tier troops in your favor. But them being able to escape any battle they choose, or engage any battle they choose, means they're always fighting lower numbers or lower tier troops. This is nonsense.

Thoughts?
yes and no. They have mentioned taking another look at faction perks at some point, but actually changes involving speed have already been made to make a difference (increasing mounted inf speed and adjusting cav ratios/troop upgrade choices). AI changes are really what caused snowballing to be fixed (it is as of 1.5.8 ). You can read about them a several pages back in one of mexs posts.

I think you don't have much to worry about regarding snowballing anymore, our man fixed it.

Remains to be seen. But assuming you are correct, I still think a mounted archer accuracy bonus makes a hell of a lot more sense than a cavalry speed bonus for Khuzaits. Snowballing or not, I stand by that opinion and I will die mad about it.
As far as 1.5.8 it is, but yeah we will see if it stays at acceptable levels in future patches. I definitely agree about the Khuzait speed bonus, just wanted to let you know mex was able to circumnavigate specifically changing faction bonuses (he wasn't allowed too) with other changes I mentioned.

As far as 1.5.8 it is, but yeah we will see if it stays at acceptable levels in future patches. I definitely agree about the Khuzait speed bonus, just wanted to let you know mex was able to circumnavigate specifically changing faction bonuses (he wasn't allowed too) with other changes I mentioned.
Not allowed to change faction bonuses? What that was the sole cause of the Khuzaits snowballing? What kind of clowns are running this operation?

Remains to be seen. But assuming you are correct, I still think a mounted archer accuracy bonus makes a hell of a lot more sense than a cavalry speed bonus for Khuzaits. Snowballing or not, I stand by that opinion and I will die mad about it.
I do agree with the culture bonus, but IIRC (I usually don't) Mexx doesn't "own" that part of the code and there is a larger planned change. I hope they take away the speed bonus though, it makes no sense as you said in your main post, HA accuracy or damage would be pretty cool - and at least they wouldn't be able to outrun most.

I still want to see high cav blends, even if the speed bonus is taken away, larger Armies and parties especially in the Empire aren't catching them regardless and will continue to get dipped on by Khuzait parties.

It makes less sense because all battles that don't involve the player are autocalculated, and autocalculated battles don't take into account archer accuracy, so Khuzaits would effectively not have a culture bonus at all for 99% of the time.

It makes less sense because all battles that don't involve the player are autocalculated, and autocalculated battles don't take into account archer accuracy, so Khuzaits would effectively not have a culture bonus at all for 99% of the time.
That is a good point. An easy fix might be to include some arbitrary bonus to the autocalc score for Khuzait mounted archer units along with their accuracy culture bonus.

Back
Top Bottom