Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Or maybe Taleworlds get up their chair and make a small post about what the heck is going on over there and when we can think of a new hotfix of this unplayable "situation".
I guess they think that every player can always go back to 1.5.7 which is true of course, so they don´t care that much about the issues.

Sure they are working on them but it has no priority to keep us updated about beta version issues (and about everything else :grin: ) which are kind of game breaking because they can just play the "It´s a beta version of an EA game for testing purposes" card.

tbh I rather them be quiet about it, unless message comes straight from leadership. I would prefer devs be laser focused on development. Leadership should show face when **** hits the fan.
It would need like 5-10 minutes for an update for those issues, it´s not like that a dev need to use half of his worktime for a day for a small post. I´m also pretty sure they are talking about it internally, so the community manager should be able to say what´s going on.

If they´re all working on their own and don´t talk to each other well....maybe...that´s why the state of the game and development is what it is :grin:

Not really related to TW but to EA games in general:

I´m against those beta/whatever seperate versions of EA games. It doesn´t make sense for me. Why work on two versions for an unfinished game at all?

Of course a lot of players use the "newest" version available because we want those new features. Work on one version and make sure it is playable when it is released and not this half finished stuff for and unfinished game.

Will we have pre alphas of alphas of betas for an EA game in the future?

The intention for EA games was to fund small indie companys so they can earn some money while keep working on their unfinished game. It´s intention was a money grab for "bigger" companies.

It´s the same with pre order games to get beta access for two weeks, in the old days you could just play the beta/demo for free. Nowadays they use paying customers for their testing instead of paying someone.

You remember shareware games? They gave it to you for free (you had to pay the shipping of the discs of course), they hoped you like their game and will buy the full version...Doom as an example offered this. So it wasn´t about crap games. But today gamers throw money at bigger companies for unfinished stuff and defend tripple A desasters like Cyberpunk :grin:

Last edited:
I don't think they need to add a player testing buffer pre-beta phase, that's silly. As long as the stable is not broken I'm fine with how they're doing it.
However, it's upsetting to take so long to fix the beta bugs were quickly reported, but maybe that's just how it is. If they didn't release beta it might have just taken them equally long or longer to release a version without those bugs. I don't know I'm not a game dev.
If there was a really good feature in 1.5.8 beta that would offset wanderer's disappearing, then I would still play on it, but that's not the case. IMO there is only the very minor and situational improvement of some town notables, sometimes having noble recruits. In my experience Pillaging was full dud, I couldn't even devastate the city I wanted to because same culture. The new formation arrangement is just a 'different' annoying clumsy arrangement to quickly race to press 20 commands to get out of every battle. The other stuff...... that's great I guess.

But it's still very frustrating a disappointing when they don't sort it out in a timely manner and move along. I'm ready and waiting for 1.5.9 now.
I'd be all for just rolling back to 1.5.7 as the base and adding terrain and sandbox to that, if possible.

I don't think they need to add a player testing buffer pre-beta phase, that's silly. As long as the stable is not broken I'm fine with how they're doing it.
However, it's upsetting to take so long to fix the beta bugs were quickly reported, but maybe that's just how it is. If they didn't release beta it might have just taken them equally long or longer to release a version without those bugs. I don't know I'm not a game dev.
If there was a really good feature in 1.5.8 beta that would offset wanderer's disappearing, then I would still play on it, but that's not the case. IMO there is only the very minor and situational improvement of some town notables, sometimes having noble recruits. In my experience Pillaging was full dud, I couldn't even devastate the city I wanted to because same culture. The new formation arrangement is just a 'different' annoying clumsy arrangement to quickly race to press 20 commands to get out of every battle. The other stuff...... that's great I guess.

But it's still very frustrating a disappointing when they don't sort it out in a timely manner and move along. I'm ready and waiting for 1.5.9 now.
I'd be all for just rolling back to 1.5.7 as the base and adding terrain and sandbox to that, if possible.
+1
they intoduced game breaking bugs to the beta even before 1.5.8 but they managed to fix it within 1-2 weeks. Now they even put out 2 hotfixes that fixed nothing. And what is worst, I don´t think they could say themself when they can fix this and move on. It´s hard to trust in a company that acts so unreliable and shares so little informations about their progress. the biggest chunk of info we got just lately but that took them almost a year.

Regarding the missing companions and NPCs, we were able to find the reason behind it. Although it was a long process to reproduce the same issue (we tried on our own save files and the files from players), we were able to reproduce the issue after sometime when we first got the reports about it. The fix is currently being tested but there are some new issues that resulted from the fix that we also need to fix. We hope to push it as soon as possible when we are able to. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Last edited:
Regarding the missing companions and NPCs, we were able to find the reason behind it. Although it was a long process to reproduce the same issue (we tried on our own save files and the files from players). The fix is currently being tested but there are some new issues that resulted from this that we also need to fix. We hope to push it as soon as possible when we are able to. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Thanks for letting us know!

Regarding the missing companions and NPCs, we were able to find the reason behind it. Although it was a long process to reproduce the same issue (we tried on our own save files and the files from players), we were able to reproduce the issue after sometime when we first got the reports about it. The fix is currently being tested but there are some new issues that resulted from the fix that we also need to fix. We hope to push it as soon as possible when we are able to. Sorry for any inconvenience!
and the icons and potato graphics? restarting every 2-60 minutes is just a pain and makes beta testing frustrating. Two failed hotfixes. Our point is if your systems are like ours then how is this allowed to hit the beta branch when we all detected in within an hour. I send a save file and you all don't see a problem but I send to someone on forums and they find it instantly, there has to be something different between us and your testing team, what I mean it is could that difference whatever it is be causing the team to miss potential problems that get to the beta branch without you all knowing? Is there something that needs to change so your testers see what we see? It's hard believe that 1) you guys didn't detect it and 2) if you did, you allowed it to go to beta branch and released it.
I am just asking so maybe if there is a problem on your end it could be figured out so things like this might not happen again.

The only thing I know about the issue is that we are still working on it. The issue is happening on Steam build and rarely happens on our internal builds. We were not able to reproduce it when we first got the report.
Thanks for info.

PS. If this info would have came a bit sooner, it would have saved like 10-15 pages of grief. :smile:

I just hate how "early access" or "beta branch" have become an excuse when people get frustrated. Everyone gets frustrated and I am sure TW is frustrated taking almost 3 weeks to solve issues that never should have made it to beta branch. We should be trying to draw people to beta branch to get more testers and that way more data for TW to get an analyze and solve problems. I know for me personally communication is my biggest frustration, when it takes weeks to get a simple answer like no one has 4 minutes to type something on forums to let us know what is happening.
So it early access you know what your were signing up for, or it's beta branch then go play live branch, Instead of understanding people(some can go too far) we just tell them go away and do something else, just a cheap excuse to end the discussion. A dev said in a forum "we will work with the community", getting told to go mod if you don't like it by a developer that doesn't sound like working together or it kind of sounds like just another early access or beta branch excuse
We all get frustrated and we are all human and we should treat each other as such. Have I gone too far at times, I would say yes. I am man enough to admit my mistakes. All I ask is, you out there and TW, have you done the same and can you admit it and figure a way to do better job to make things better for all and not just some???
And @MArdA TaleWorlds I want to thank you, my biggest gripe with TW is communication and what ya did is exactly what I want since not knowing what's going with a problem is worse than not fixing it, so I thank you for communicating.
Off my soap box for this week, I truly hope you are well and safe, even my haters Goodnight

The only thing I know about the issue is that we are still working on it. The issue is happening on Steam build and rarely happens on our internal builds. We were not able to reproduce it when we first got the report.
Maybe you should then also test the Steam build? I´m sure that most players bought the game on Steam and I´m also sure you can "buy" your own game from Steam so you have the same setup as most of us players when testing new releases?

Or just keep releasing untested versions, that´s fine too of course.

What bugs will be implemented in patch 1.5.9…?
tenor.gif

Roadmap for bugs incoming? :wink:

Thank You @MArdA TaleWorlds ! I think it was extremaly important to hear this from you :smile:

Could you please tell if there is a chance to try the game after the hotfix before the weekend ?

:ROFLMAO: Mate, made my day !

P.S. Working hard to move past 11 on the counter ? :grin:
Doubtful. I know, that generally speaking you dont introduce new patch, or new version before the weekend. cause you can't deal with issues. more likely is next week, till thursday...
I am pretty sure they have already done it couple of times before.... but in this case you are probably right (both of you).

And @MArdA TaleWorlds I want to thank you, my biggest gripe with TW is communication and what ya did is exactly what I want since not knowing what's going with a problem is worse than not fixing it, so I thank you for communicating.
My main focus is on the Technical Support board. If I can find time I try to check other topics and reply. Will try reply more if I know about the issues being talked to.
Maybe you should then also test the Steam build?
We always test the builds on Steam before they are being released. But sometimes we might miss issues like this. These things can happen. Personally, I would prefer issues like this rather than a crash that we might have missed.
Could you please tell if there is a chance to try the game after the hotfix before the weekend ?
Can't say anything related to patches. Even if we can say, there is always a chance for patches to be postponed at the last minute. So its always better to just drop the patch and read the comments about it. :razz:

Personally, I would prefer issues like this rather than a crash that we might have missed.
I think those issues have actually done more damage to the game than any crash before... I have this impression reading through the threads and my own experiences. Game is simply hard to watch at this point... but i assume you already know that.
Can't say anything related to patches. Even if we can say, there is always a chance for patches to be postponed at the last minute. So its always better to just drop the patch and read the comments about it. :razz:
I can understand why this is better option for you but simply hope to play stable and visually pleasing game again. Thanks

the irony is 1.5.8 crashes more for me than most betas before
1.5.8 is really only recommended for ppl who want to test

Hello, can someone help me with a problem since the last update? The modes that replace soldiers like Reskin Rearm (More Troops Mod) or Otherworldly Troops and Companions can no longer be used instead of soldiers. hours how can i fix this error?

Hello, can someone help me with a problem since the last update? The modes that replace soldiers like Reskin Rearm (More Troops Mod) or Otherworldly Troops and Companions can no longer be used instead of soldiers. hours how can i fix this error?
Dude, its beta branch. Generally its a good idea to NOT use beta branch with mods, especially if mods are outdated.

Saying that, here's some info on mods that work on beta:

Back
Top Bottom