Need More Info Very poor performance with a new laptop

Users who are viewing this thread

I've just bought a HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop, Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1050. I don't consider myself very tech savvy, but according to several sources I should be able to run Warband comfortably, right?

On day 1 I was able to do a 400 soldier custom battle at 60fps no problem, here we are 4 days later and I'm now down to under 10fps in the exact same circumstances. This is also with my in game video settings set to their lowest (I had them at highest when I bought the laptop and tested it with the custom battle)

I'm confused and worried, please help lads

Crypto miners could slow down your computer. I'm not saying Taleworlds put them there, but they gave us the sound of deafness, so who knows.
Run an anti-virus scan and make sure you don't run other applications while playing.

Let's not share baseless claims if you can't prove any of them. Thanks!
For the record and for humorless people: it's a joke. Obviously Taleworlds won't install malware on your PC.
They might induce excess blood discharge from your ears, but that's for a worthy cause, the worship of the dark prince.
Cryptojacking is no joke though and would manifest as a slowdown in any resource-intensive applications you use, like games. Get your PC scanned by an anti-virus. and close your damn browser.

Let's not share baseless claims if you can't prove any of them. Thanks!
---
Have you installed any new mods?
Are your OS and GPU drivers up to date?

Hey thanks for the reply.

I have installed a couple of mods (Floris, AWOIAF, TLD), do you think this may have caused an issue? I had dozens of mods on my previous laptop and they never seemed to cause any problems

I Believe my nvidia drivers are up to date and so are the rest of them

It might be related to the mods. Can you try to run Native and see if there is any issue?
Hey im really sorry my account has been locked due to password issues. I hope there isnt an issue with me replying with an alternative account, if there is then i am really sorry.

I have tested 400, 300 and 250 battle size in custom battle on native and FPS is never over 10

It might be related to the mods. Can you try to run Native and see if there is any issue?
Hey, so I decided to change DX9 to DX7 and it seems to have fixed all of my FPS issues, but it appears to be causing a glitch in the sky

I dont mind dealing with this if it means smooth gameplay but its still pretty wierd

Back
Top Bottom