Tributes - How do you get more?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm have 3 wars going and for all I have to either pay or get close to nothing if I try to make peace. How do I build up tribute?

1) I have no fiefs and no other lords, just me.
2) I am dominating all 3 wars.
-- 10+ raids to 0 for each war
-- 2k-6k casualties to under 500 for each war
-- sieges 0 to 0 for each war
-- 1-10 prisoners to 0 for each war
3) For one war I executed their King, but that did nothing.

e1.5.7 build.

I don't understand, there is nothing to gain from me. Why can't I get a tribute from anyone?

If you have a kingdom the game becomes unplayable, even a destroyed faction with no fiefs ask for a tribute to make peace with you, I quite my last hae due it, I own all the former South empire, as a independent kingdom, but everybody starts a war against me, and no nobles join my side, I have to start to behead everybody to have some quite moments, I guess we shouldn't make a kingdom without made que game quest.

I'm have 3 wars going and for all I have to either pay or get close to nothing if I try to make peace. How do I build up tribute?

e1.5.7 build.

I don't understand, there is nothing to gain from me. Why can't I get a tribute from anyone?
Tributes are a bit odd. The tribute you see on the diplomacy screen only applies to your kingdom and represents you wanting peace, if you got to see the other kingdoms they would have a totally different number as it would reflect them wanting peace. One major flaw with the game right now is that AI will never ask for peace from player kingdoms, so you are stuck with only achieving peace through your terms (which are always worse for you since wanting peace is admitting defeat).

The reason why you can't get a positive peace proposal is because the AI is not worried about losing anything to you, they only focus on a strength/fief ratio (all the other stats tracked on the war page don't impact anything), and since you have no fiefs and only your clan counting towards strength they are going to think you are weak.

I highly suggest not starting a kingdom until you have a few fiefs under your belt (from being a vassal), tons of money (hundreds of thousands), and a few potential clans to recruit (fiefless clans). Do so before any of this will result your situation.

If you have a kingdom the game becomes unplayable, even a destroyed faction with no fiefs ask for a tribute to make peace with you, I quite my last hae due it, I own all the former South empire, as a independent kingdom, but everybody starts a war against me, and no nobles join my side, I have to start to behead everybody to have some quite moments, I guess we shouldn't make a kingdom without made que game quest.
If you want lords you have to actually go out and recruit them, they won't come to you. Just walk up to any lord, play the dialog minigame and if you win the minigame, you will then have to pay them to join you. If you have good relation with the lord the minigame is easier and the cost to recruit is lower. I had a high relation lord come to my side for like 25k Denars once. You can however recruit lords that hate you if you get really lucky however you might not be able to afford them. I tried it once and manage to get through the minigame but even 3 million Denars wasn't enough to move the barter meter more than 25% of the way to his agreement.

e1.5.7 build.

I think the issue is the "No Fiefs" thing. I mean technically can you even be called a Kingdom without owning land?

Also it would be a hell of an exploit if the factions paid a landless, lordless Kingdom tribute because you have absolutely zero to lose. Your pretty much free to do whatever you want, where ever you want since your tied to nothing. On the other hand, the only way they can ultimately hurt you is if they executed you and all your clan members.

On the other hand, I kind of do like the concept of a nomadic tribe without a home that just randomly wanders the countryside raiding for a living. I mean between your main party and 4 companion parties, you could put together a pretty decent army/raiding force and I could see the main factions actually paying you tribute to stop raiding them. For this to work though, there would need to be some sort of crime stat system where if you raid and pillage too much you would lose the ability to trade in the major cities while their would also have to be some sort of black market system as well. Guess this would actually be a good tie in for a bandit play through as well. Maybe this is something that should be added to the game.

Anyway, back to the original topic, I think it is probably the no fief thing.

If you want lords you have to actually go out and recruit them, they won't come to you. Just walk up to any lord, play the dialog minigame and if you win the minigame, you will then have to pay them to join you. If you have good relation with the lord the minigame is easier and the cost to recruit is lower. I had a high relation lord come to my side for like 25k Denars once. You can however recruit lords that hate you if you get really lucky however you might not be able to afford them. I tried it once and manage to get through the minigame but even 3 million Denars wasn't enough to move the barter meter more than 25% of the way to his agreement.
The south empire ones hate me because I abandoned the kingdom the others hate me when I start to chop heads, I confess that during the early /mid game I don't spent to many time improving my relationships. I will start a new one doing it.

When I came to the same issue, I went to the ruler and asked for peace by paying him a fixed amount so that I could avoid paying him tribute. After that, I enable the cheat mode and give myself some valuables to sell to earn that money I just paid him back. So in the end, I lost nothing and got rid of a stupid war.

When I came to the same issue, I went to the ruler and asked for peace by paying him a fixed amount so that I could avoid paying him tribute. After that, I enable the cheat mode and give myself some valuables to sell to earn that money I just paid him back. So in the end, I lost nothing and got rid of a stupid war.
This in game menu way to make peace must be broken, because the AI only accept peace if we paid, even if we are winning 10-0 in prisioneiers or else.
Coincidentally, in a war against Sturgia, which asked me for 1200 Denars for peace, I attacked their King, and I noticed the option to make peace. I asked for a lot of money, 70k +, horses and almost everything he had, and he accepted.

This doesn't really work in the long run. For a while what I was doing was once my lords forced a war upon me, I would go to war with the faction and the second they forced a 2nd war, I would go make peace with the faction we were currently at war with. The goal was to keep my faction fighting only one war. The problem was that not 3 minutes after I made peace and accepted war with the new faction, they would force another war on me with yet another faction. I found myself not being able to actually get to an enemy lord faster than they would force wars so this was not sustainable even though I always had enough money to do this. At the end of the day unless my faction was at war with at least 3 separate factions and losing tons of villages and territory, my faction was never happy.

Back
Top Bottom