Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

18 hours of pure silence on the forum, TW see the problem? The bugs of 1.5.8 have caused less people to play it and test it. Why they don't let some people test it first to hopefully find these 3 week long terrible bugs to be detected before it goes to beta is beyond me. It can help find them and not let them get to beta before release so more people play it and find more things before it goes to live. And for those that will say that is what beta branch is for... I say, I completely agree with that statement and say your right. My idea would just add a small extra layer to find the really bad tings can cause some people to abandon the beta branch really early into testing. But what do I know, we just keep waiting weeks for icons, graphic leak, wanderers disappearing, all things when added up makes even testing the beta branch unplayable at times.
You want to draw people in not push them away, try something different TW, it's ok to admit you are wrong or need help or ideas, I do, so can you.
This is not a flame, just an observation on how maybe we can make things go a little more smoothly is all, since that is what we want, it to go smooth and transition to branches as fast as possible.

Yeah, the discussion does seem to be petering out here. I have not played 1.5.8 and don't plan to do so until there are fixes for the big issues. As soon as there are, I will be firing it up.

I know my idea might not be really popular but at this point just trying to come up with ideas to make things better for all..well most. What's the harm in at least trying

18 hours of pure silence on the forum, TW see the problem? The bugs of 1.5.8 have caused less people to play it and test it. Why they don't let some people test it first to hopefully find these 3 week long terrible bugs to be detected before it goes to beta is beyond me. It can help find them and not let them get to beta before release so more people play it and find more things before it goes to live. And for those that will say that is what beta branch is for... I say, I completely agree with that statement and say your right. My idea would just add a small extra layer to find the really bad tings can cause some people to abandon the beta branch really early into testing. But what do I know, we just keep waiting weeks for icons, graphic leak, wanderers disappearing, all things when added up makes even testing the beta branch unplayable at times.
You want to draw people in not push them away, try something different TW, it's ok to admit you are wrong or need help or ideas, I do, so can you.
This is not a flame, just an observation on how maybe we can make things go a little more smoothly is all, since that is what we want, it to go smooth and transition to branches as fast as possible.
Why pay some guys if paying customers do it for free?

Sure, the beta is for testing stuff but it just would took 1 dude to play the game for like 2-3 hours to discover those bugs .There shouldn´t be any obvious bugs in a beta release.

We are not talking about a bug that only occurs under some specific circumstances. Those bugs are "fine" of course and that´s why testing the beta makes sense. More players = more bugs of this kind will be found.

But releasing an untested version with several obvious bugs shouldn´t happen. And it´s not the first time either.

Why pay some guys if paying customers do it for free?

Sure, the beta is for testing stuff but it just would took 1 dude to play the game for like 2-3 hours to discover those bugs .There shouldn´t be any obvious bugs in a beta release.

We are not talking about a bug that only occurs under some specific circumstances. Those bugs are "fine" of course and that´s why testing the beta makes sense. More players = more bugs of this kind will be found.

But releasing an untested version with several obvious bugs shouldn´t happen. And it´s not the first time either.
I am up for anything, from anyone to help streamline the process. I wish TW was also. I have beta tested many games in the last 20 years and most felt like a team between company and testers, but TW feels different like they are almost resistant at times to what we say. What does it hurt to try

Probably since its related with DLSS and memory leak, its not an easy problem to fix. Most likely they are fully focusing on this one and beta testing of 1.5.8 will be delayed.

Probably since its related with DLSS and memory leak, its not an easy problem to fix. Most likely they are fully focusing on this one and beta testing of 1.5.8 will be delayed.
I am not smart when it comes to computers at all so forgive my ignorance, but if testers knew DLSS was causing a problem why release it in the beta branch, release without it so beta branch is better and ready to go quicker and keep internal testing of DLSS till you get it sorted out

I am not smart when it comes to computers at all so forgive my ignorance, but if testers knew DLSS was causing a problem why release it in the beta branch, release without it so beta branch is better and ready to go quicker and keep internal testing of DLSS till you get it sorted out
Hard to say.

It's an easy problem to spot if you play more than 20min.

Perhaps its lack of resources and QA doesn't test Beta branch at all, developers just do that on their local version and if it works on their machine its good for beta or maybe team has some internal problems, which would explain lack of communication and some key developers leaving.

Hopeful they sort it out in time and surprise us.

We alrady had this problem without DLSS but it was fixed and now it´s here again.

I also don´t think that the wanderers/bandit bugs have anything to do with DLSS.

The point is, don´t release obvious broken versions no matter what the root cause is :wink: .

Or give us an alpha channel too, for the hardcore users to test untested versions. But the better solution would be to internally test new versions for obvious bugs. Can´t be that hard to find 1-2 guys to play them for like 2-3 hours to find those obvious bugs.

Hard to say.

It's an easy problem to spot if you play more than 20min.

Perhaps its lack of resources and QA doesn't test Beta branch at all, developers just do that on their local version and if it works on their machine its good for beta or maybe team has some internal problems, which would explain lack of communication and some key developers leaving.

Hopeful they sort it out in time and surprise us.
It does seem like the testers miss stuff, I had a bug and sent a file to TW and they didn't see anything wrong, so emailed my file to BloodGryphon here on forums and he immediately found my problem. That tells me their setup is different from ours and the extra little testing I suggested might help catch this stuff, In my last live stream someone that doesn't own the game came in and liked the game but was put off by graphics and what can you say, it's early access, but why do we need to use early access as an excuse for everything and not do things to improve the process so we might get it to launch quicker. Companies evolve, it seems like TW wants nothing to do with that.

We alrady had this problem without DLSS but it was fixed and now it´s here again.

I also don´t think that the wanderers/bandit bugs have anything to do with DLSS.

The point is, don´t release obvious broken versions no matter what the root cause is :wink: .
Exactly, I just wish TW was more open to hear ideas to streamline things, not implement, just hear us out. need to get ready for stream, take care all and let's hope we get a hotfix .............. Soon™

Or maybe Taleworlds get up their chair and make a small post about what the heck is going on over there and when we can think of a new hotfix of this unplayable "situation".

tbh I rather them be quiet about it, unless message comes straight from leadership. I would prefer devs be laser focused on development. Leadership should show face when **** hits the fan.

Back
Top Bottom