Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Will there be custom servers?
TBH I dont really care about the leveling system in MP, which has a unclear reason supporting it.
I think most of players will be fine playing on custom servers without the MP level reward.

It's actually a huge undertaking; the fact that the mod team is dozens of members and working solely on that project alone proves the point of just how monumental of a task it is. It's not just one bloke; it's a group of professionals doing it in their spare time.

Frankly SP & MP are both more important; the fact that the co-op mod team are basically doing this one for them is pretty big benefit to us the players. That means TW can focus on the game and the team can focus on CO-OP.
Even the BattleTime mod was an honorable effort to make CO-OP, can't imagine TaleWorlds being outshined by some little mod :lol:

Will there be custom servers?
TBH I dont really care about the leveling system in MP, which has a unclear reason supporting it.
I think most of players will be fine playing on custom servers without the MP level reward.
There is plan for custom server. It will take a while. I think before the end of this year. Others doubt that.

I just want servers to continue to run at end of round, to next round or next map, not kick everyone back to menu. It's godawful and needs fixing pronto.

There is plan for custom server. It will take a while. I think before the end of this year. Others doubt that.
I mean, last we heard, TW still wants to release the full game March 31st. Considering how that's never going to happen (and if they do release a version then, there's no way it'll have enough features to actually be considered 1.0), and considering how features that are "almost there" usually take another 2 months to release... Saying that something as big as proper dedicated servers (which they've stated "won't be done for a while") will release before the end of the year is just plain inaccurate.

Nothing about being kicked off of servers when matches end? The thing that's been going on since the very first alpha version that had servers? At this point, TW has been so quiet about this that it's probably a feature that they never intend to change, rather than a bug.
Hello, do you mean custom servers being restarted or is this another issue?

I'm referring to the fact that when a match ends on a custom server, all players are thrown back into the menu, instead of a new match starting with the same players. If that's because custom servers restart, then yes, that's what I'm referring to.

Hello, do you mean custom servers being restarted or is this another issue?
He means that when a game ends; everyone is booted back to the lobby - rather then just rolling into another game. (So presumably what you said there - custom servers restarting; but I wanted to be clear). I kind of presumed this was an option selected as part of the beta testing... but I have to agree it is annoying. You can get a full siege game; have a blast then it ends - and the next lobby gets half as many people back (as most decide to call it a day).

please equalize all class stats,
one speed for all classes,
no penalties for using cav as a different class, (horse being slower then cavalry class horse)
no penalties for using a range weapon as a different class (not sure if its in there)

please let players choose any equipment they want there shouldnt be a restriction on weapon, armor or mount selection, outside what you can afford (gold system of warband)

your speed should only be affected by the equipment you have,
so everyone can use every weapon, mount and fight in every kind of situation equally

this will encourage more people to use range weapons and mounts if there isn't a movement speed penalty that makes foot combat impractical,

please make heavy armor realistically deflect arrows,
this will help debuff archers who i believe are very overpowered

quivers should carry the same movement penalties that shields have ( a little more to prevent kiting)
it is unrealistic for a person to be able to sprint with a quiver full of arrows, movement penalties should be attached to the quiver item equipment rather then the archer class itself

please reduce cavalry health,
cavalry shouldnt be tanks, i know you are reducing their health now so i thank you for that change but please decrease more

add a horse flinch that affects the rider's melee swing,
a horse shouldnt be stable if hit with a weapon or arrow, it should flinch therefore affecting the riders ability to attack in the moment, like infantry on foot, being hit should interrupt their swing

please equalize players heights,
a player shouldnt be able to kick/melee further than any other player

thank you for reading

Last edited:

@Younes

I know they said they will never change to warband's Gold system but,
i thought warbands system was imperfect 2,
having class restrictions and penalties are silly

there should only be a weapon selection screen, no class selection at all

freedom is always the best decision, look how much better the game is now that you can mount any horse (although there still is a speed penalty (bad)) and pick up any weapon,
that was a good change

now lets take it a step further and let you fully use the that mount without any speed penalties and allow you to pick any weapon/armor/mount load out you want from the beginning

freedom is always the best decision, look how much better the game is now that you can mount any horse (although there still is a speed penalty (bad)) and pick up any weapon,
that was a good change
I'd argue it's a bad change. What the point of going archer if a beserker can take up a bow and have slightly less skill on that weapon? I am not a good player at all, but i am able to pick up a bow and shoot people with so much damage, it's batsh!t insane

im arguing for no classes for everyone being able to use whatever weapon/armor/mount they want without penalties to speed or anything else, i think it would lead to better gameplay (if heavy armor deflected arrows realistically)

I'd argue it's a bad change. What the point of going archer if a beserker can take up a bow and have slightly less skill on that weapon? I am not a good player at all, but i am able to pick up a bow and shoot people with so much damage, it's batsh!t insane
Disagree with you. If you pick any class that is not archer based, and then pick a bow/xbow etc, you will notice the big skill difference. Same goes with being a non-cav class and getting on a horse.

@Younes

I know they said they will never change to warband's Gold system but,
i thought warbands system was imperfect 2,
having class restrictions and penalties are silly

there should only be a weapon selection screen, no class selection at all

that was a good change

now lets take it a step further and let you fully use the that mount without any speed penalties and allow you to pick any weapon/armor/mount load out you want from the beginning
No, I enjoy the class system. The horse-riding penalty for non-cav classes should also stay as is.

All of those changes would work only if there was free choice of armor and weapons, which at this point seems unlikely to happen :sad:

They will probably add the old equipment system into their next DLC and parade it as a feature and selling point.

0GjCATY.png

tenor.gif

Sigh, can we not nerf cavalry into oblivion for the sake of people that can't read the title of the game, it's already so ridiculously easy to kill cav if you just bring a spear to the fight, I'm so sick of the balance updates, everytime something new is added to the game it's great, new maps, new items, spear bracing, stuff like that, its great. And then an army of Medieval Karens descend on the forums to whine about some obscure exploit they think they found, and demand that the great maps be brought low, remove the great wall from Sturgian Town, put bags of grain on stairs and invisible walls on wooden fences to focus the fight into a gross medieval mosh pit, at what point can we tell these people to go play another game that doesn't have cavalry and ranged and interesting maps.

Sigh, can we not nerf cavalry into oblivion for the sake of people that can't read the title of the game, it's already so ridiculously easy to kill cav if you just bring a spear to the fight, I'm so sick of the balance updates, everytime something new is added to the game it's great, new maps, new items, spear bracing, stuff like that, its great. And then an army of Medieval Karens descend on the forums to whine about some obscure exploit they think they found, and demand that the great maps be brought low, remove the great wall from Sturgian Town, put bags of grain on stairs and invisible walls on wooden fences to focus the fight into a gross medieval mosh pit, at what point can we tell these people to go play another game that doesn't have cavalry and ranged and interesting maps.
I'm not sure if cavalry need to lose HP or anything like that, but there's certain mechanics involving them that are ultra broken. The worst is when a cavalry can just walk in and stay in a fight, and because of glancing (which cavalry spears never glance for some reason) it's impossible to take them down. I'd still advocate for slightly less armour on a bunch of horses but I'd say it's more the mechanics need to be adjusted rather than nerfing them into the ground.

There's no joke that cavalry are OP in their current state because of these mechanics, and the design of the game modes, and if you think otherwise you're probably a cav main :wink:

Back
Top Bottom