boats will save this game

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been thinking and have come to the conclusion (again) that naval combat would really reinvigorate this game. it would give the class system some mileage because the class system would work really good for boats (you pick viking longship with more oars or more sails for example). i mean, think about it, if you look at a viking longship you will know the enemy are fiendish vikings with axes perhaps?? this is what callum was talking about when he was saying that the class system would give visual cues, that's boats 2, anti-boats 0 now! ok but moving on, think of how many people are enjoying sea of thieves or other games like that like sid meiers pirates or something. if bannerlords had boat combat just think of all the people who would say "oh wow bannerlord is having viking longship? i love vikings television show now available on netflix!" they would flock to the game like flies on (i don't want to say but you can google it! haha). also, it would make the respawn system more easier because, if you know deathmatch has a problem where people spawn away from the aciton. however, the game would always spawn someone ON A BOAT! the boat is always action packed (trust me i am a sailor and im telling you it is very fun :grin:DDD). so that's like 5 reasons to want to give this to the bannerlord community and 0 reasons against. i think the community would love naval combat with the viking longships and perhaps also sarranid galley?? i know fietta will lock this thread because he hates the idea of naval combat but i really think it would be like a straight shot of adrenilane to the HEART to this game. hellish and powerful do you know what i mean? stay gangster, fellow taleworlds forums.

regards,
method man
captain of the wu tang clan, a competitive bannerlords clan (est. Feb 22 2021)

Mount and Blade Viking Conquest memories. Boats will be nice DLC. Maybe Boats with skins.
Busse boats are the best boats because they can take a big load of men :wink: .

When you take trolling so far people start actually supporting your ideas. You're the best method man, you're the greatest mute/ban avoider to ever exist

When you take trolling so far people start actually supporting your ideas. You're the best method man, you're the greatest mute/ban avoider to ever exist
you sound like one of them anti-boats people, please do not call visionaires like good sir canton trolls

boats 6 : 0 anti-boats

Boats won't save anything if the combat is terrible, the strategic AI is as mindless as Warband and your combat decisions are meaningless, like now.
hello this is the multiplayer forum! we are talking about players driving the boats??? unless you think that the PLAYERS have no minds, then you need to take this attitude elsewhere, mr BRUTUS

i have been thinking and have come to the conclusion (again) that naval combat would really reinvigorate this game. it would give the class system some mileage because the class system would work really good for boats (you pick viking longship with more oars or more sails for example). i mean, think about it, if you look at a viking longship you will know the enemy are fiendish vikings with axes perhaps?? this is what callum was talking about when he was saying that the class system would give visual cues

this is the greatest comedic moment in history

i have been thinking and have come to the conclusion (again) that naval combat would really reinvigorate this game. it would give the class system some mileage because the class system would work really good for boats (you pick viking longship with more oars or more sails for example). i mean, think about it, if you look at a viking longship you will know the enemy are fiendish vikings with axes perhaps?? this is what callum was talking about when he was saying that the class system would give visual cues, that's boats 2, anti-boats 0 now! ok but moving on, think of how many people are enjoying sea of thieves or other games like that like sid meiers pirates or something. if bannerlords had boat combat just think of all the people who would say "oh wow bannerlord is having viking longship? i love vikings television show now available on netflix!" they would flock to the game like flies on (i don't want to say but you can google it! haha). also, it would make the respawn system more easier because, if you know deathmatch has a problem where people spawn away from the aciton. however, the game would always spawn someone ON A BOAT! the boat is always action packed (trust me i am a sailor and im telling you it is very fun :grin:DDD). so that's like 5 reasons to want to give this to the bannerlord community and 0 reasons against. i think the community would love naval combat with the viking longships and perhaps also sarranid galley?? i know fietta will lock this thread because he hates the idea of naval combat but i really think it would be like a straight shot of adrenilane to the HEART to this game. hellish and powerful do you know what i mean? stay gangster, fellow taleworlds forums.

regards,
method man
captain of the wu tang clan, a competitive bannerlords clan (est. Feb 22 2021)
Sir this is a Wendy's.

+1 Wow, rowboat combat is what we need. What's more, for it to be a matter of skill ceiling "hard to master", I'd prefer the craft to only have an oar; much more exciting and realistic in my eyes.

While we're brainstorming, how about perks where the bow of the boat can be fitted with catapults, crossbows and Greek fire siphons? With the skins system, could we have a personalised customisation of the appearance? I'm dying to put a Viking drakkar style figurehead on the boat bow, a sea serpent with a ruby eye.

I wish Taleworlds would implement this.

giphy.gif

I would love to see naval combat... if they don't make it for Bannerlord maybe for a Future DLC?
The other day i saw a very interesting video about naval warfare where it explained all sort of tactics from the boarding and capture of enemy vessels to the naval artillery...
If you want to check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom