How can I change the start year for a mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

I got the source code from my favourite mod, I just put the folder of the source code in the module of the mod I wanted to edit, I alredy edited ":cur_year" in the "module_scripts.py" but in game the year I changed doesn't show, help please

Solution
Code:
#script_game_get_date_text:
  # This script is called from the game engine when the date needs to be displayed.
  # INPUT: arg1 = number of days passed since the beginning of the game
  # OUTPUT: result string = date
  ("game_get_date_text",
    [
      (store_script_param_2, ":num_hours"),
      (store_div, ":num_days", ":num_hours", 24),
      (store_add, ":cur_day", ":num_days", 23),
      (assign, ":cur_month", 3),
      (assign, ":cur_year", 1257),
      (assign, ":try_range", 99999),
It's not the current year, it is the point of origin to calculate the date.
If your saved game is older than 9 months in game time, it may display next year.
Code:
  # This script is called from the game engine when the date needs to be displayed.
  ("game_get_date_text",
    [
      (assign, ":cur_month", 3),
      (assign, ":cur_year", 1257),
It's not the current year, it is the point of origin to calculate the date.
If your saved game is older than 9 months in game time, it may display next year.

Upvote 0
Solution
Mine is this but I want to change that 1543 to 1843

("game_get_date_text",
[
(store_script_param_1, ":version"),
(assign, ":cur_month", 1),
(assign, ":cur_year", 1543),

Upvote 0
So changing 1543 to 1843 don't make new games start at January 1843, does it? I see no problem in the code that is save game dependent other than passed time.

Upvote 0
Merging two mods is a troublesome thing to do. You can check some tutorials.
Mate maybe I'm kind of retarded or Idk, I tried modified the "module_info" to build the module that I want, I put using Notepad++ as it is:

export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Mount and Blade Complete Collection/Mount and Blade - Warband\Modules/Anglo for my mod/"

using those forward slashes, but when I click "build_module" it shows that "*.pyc" is missing and cannot find the path, have you ever build a module ? I want to give it a solution but maybe could you help me building the module for me? please I'm gonna pay you if necessary but I really want this mod, if you interested tell me

Upvote 0
export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Mount and Blade Complete Collection/Mount and Blade - Warband\Modules/Anglo for my mod/"
How can one succeed in merging stuff when they cannot set up a correct export directory? Do not answer, anyone, this rhetorical question.

There is one wrong slash in the path. If you, Bisoso1893, use Notepad++, you may use Ctrl + F to activate 'Search' menu. Then, choose 'Replace' function and select the pasted path of your directory copied from the program handling files, such as Windows Explorer. Check 'In selection' and specify what is to be replaced (in this case: \ to /). Apply the changes and you are done; it will save you lots of time while modding.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom