Resolved Missing family member after ransom (holding) 1.5.7 main

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
My sister had been captured, and she was ransomed back. Then for days she has been, "holding," but says, "last seen at Rovalt today." I went to Rovalt and she isn't there. If I try and make a party with her it says, "this hero has just escaped from captors and will be available after some time. This happened before and she did escape and there was no problem, she was available after some time, but after ransom, she's gone.

When it says they are "Holding", it's like the NPC is in a time out, they aren't actually available for you interact with. When it changes to "staying" then you should be able to find them, tell them to create party from clan menu, or assign them as governor. They usually teleport to a new location when they change from holding to staying, very annoying. How long have they been holding? I'm not sure what determines how long but I've seen it last like 5 days before.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

When it says they are "Holding", it's like the NPC is in a time out, they aren't actually available for you interact with. When it changes to "staying" then you should be able to find them, tell them to create party from clan menu, or assign them as governor. They usually teleport to a new location when they change from holding to staying, very annoying. How long have they been holding? I'm not sure what determines how long but I've seen it last like 5 days before.
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
The issue eventually solved itself. I don't know how long, the earliest save I have of her holding says Winter 16 and I think she was released 2 days earlier, but not sure. I waited and I checked the clan tab everyday until spring 6 then it said staying at Rovalt. I tried to recreate by loading a save from winter 19, except this time, by winter 21 it said staying at Ocs Hall. I tried it a third time and it said staying at Nevyansk Castle by winter 22. Do you still want the save? What is supposed to happen in that situation?

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom