The Change No One Wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

Chicago

imagine if EU servers were only Lisbon and Moscow. That would be idiotic, just have one server somewhere central like Germany.
Pretty sure they are in France so it’s kinda idiotic (I say that cuz I have 75 ping in EU servers so it would be surprising if they were in Germany)

The servers are in Amsterdam IIRC, not actually all that ideal for those on the east side of Europe but it’s playable at least. 100 ping for West coast to play on East coast when I had 80 ping in Yorkshire in England is horrible.

I’d like to see a proper statement on why they are not giving NA a central server AND why there isn’t a SA server too.

TW: having one server region.
NA Community: No, my ping is to high, we want several server regions. If nobody is playing because of central server region, you can as well split it.
TW: I dont think its a good idea.
- Protest was keeping on- TW fullfilled NA Communities wish of two regions.
------------------------------
4 Weeks later
NA Community: Why did you split the community? baka daio? All we wanted was one server region!
TW + EU Community: ....
nuff said

11f.png

Here's some evidence that even refutes your statement:

Many Mount & Blade players have been pleading for a Chicago (Central) server for a long time.

No one asked for multiple servers on the polar opposite ends of North America.

Maybe their provider don't have SA server and TW can't use other providers because of a contract or something. Any other reason would be really strange. Not that the former is ideal.

Maybe their provider don't have SA server and TW can't use other providers because of a contract or something. Any other reason would be really strange. Not that the former is ideal.
Well that is the case for NA, they said that their providers didn't have services for central NA and "it would require too much work to switch providers".

We received a number of complaints saying that people couldn't play at all due to latency to our East coast servers, so we decided to add West as an additional region for those players. You are still free to pick which region you queue for, however, we will continue to explore additional solutions nevertheless.
Nobody asked for east + west severs. Central server location is the only thing that will work for NA.

If they can't satisfy an entire region because they are too lazy to find a provider like any other multiplayer game then they are retarded.

convinced that tw pays for their server provider with gift cards that they got from a friend

ALSO

TW: having one server region.
NA Community: No, my ping is to high, we want several server regions. If nobody is playing because of central server region, you can as well split it.
TW: I dont think its a good idea.
- Protest was keeping on- TW fullfilled NA Communities wish of two regions.
The server region was never central. That was the problem. Either you think that New York is in the middle of America, or you're uninformed. In other words: you're either uninformed or uninformed.

convinced that tw pays for their server provider with gift cards that they got from a friend

ALSO

The server region was never central. That was the problem. Either you think that New York is in the middle of America, or you're uninformed. In other words: you're either uninformed or uninformed.
Are the ships ready cap'n

A Chicago server is the best solution for NA due to the size of the player base.

If impossible for whatever reason, being able to queue for multiple regions would be convenient and save some of the player base.

Back
Top Bottom