Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

I believe they don't work on weekends. So you need to wait until at least Monday. I can't remember seeing a hotfix released on Sunday or Saturday.
They should overthink this as the progress may be for some people like me not really satisfying. How many months before the ETA for their Target Release?

They should overthink this as the progress may be for some people like me not really satisfying. How many months before the ETA for their Target Release?
They have no fixed ETA just "around one year", for me it means something between 6 and 18 months.

But they won´t be albe to achieve it unless a miracle happens. Q4/2021 or Q1/2022 is my soonest guess for the final release.

Making software developers work 7 days a week generally slows down, rather than speeds up, development (unless done only very occasionally). People need time off work to work at their best.

Yea, it doesn´t make sense to "demand" that they work like 24/7. They also already had enough time to fix those stuff in the last week, it wouldn´t change anything if they would work today or tomorrow.

Also crunch is bad. Devs are also only humans, Mexxico of course is a super human :wink:

Why should they? They already sold majority of game copies. "Release" won't bring in another 5 million sold copies.
They are taking their time, enjoying life and stakeholders enjoying their new sportscars.
Not like you can refund anything. :smile:

Thank you for you replies but in my opinion and country people work Friday and Saturday around 6 hours which isn't really much and Monday to Wednesday most times longer. For me a even a little hotfix would make a great deal at the moment. The bigger Patch could take more time and be more meati and hotfix small with a good place.

Thank you for you replies but in my opinion and country people work Friday and Saturday around 6 hours which isn't really much and Monday to Wednesday most times longer. For me a even a little hotfix would make a great deal at the moment. The bigger Patch could take more time and be more meati and hotfix small with a good place.
It doesn't work. Productivity declines, and beyond a certain point infact becomes negative.

Clearly they've run into serious issues with 1.5.8. Chaining them to their desks until they've fixed it isn't going to help.

For me a even a little hotfix would make a great deal at the moment.
The problem is that is not the time but the skills TW lacks.....

We are almost 1 year into early access and there is still so much broken stuff since release (AI, smithing, you name it). They fix one bug and introduce 3 new bugs, that´s not a time issue.

They have a quality control and skill issue. For the QA they choose us, the paying EA customers instead of at least a few internals to test stuff before they release it. The development of this broken mess was slow since the release.

They could of course work 24/7 for like 3 days and then half of their staff will get ill for sure so this won´t help. Think about your own work. You would get more done if you work 12 hours a day, but you won´t be able to do this for a "long" time until you burn out.

So it doesn´t help us, the paying customers, to ask them to work more, but to work "better"....

I also have to work on some weekends but then I get a day off within the week. And I also had times where I worked 6 days a week for like 9-10 hours for some short period, it really ****ed me :grin: . I´m not a big fan of this, I´m more productive with my 5 days in a week and 8-9 hours.

Last edited:
We are talking about human beings. They deserve a normal schedule, with time off and a good salary.
They may have flaws in the organization or not all workers are as efficient as they should be, but that doesn't have to make them all slaves 24/7 or work with crunch. What I would point out is that how efficient has been the management of personnel and resources to have a game with so much development time and so little progress, we should question if the project manager is the right one.
But let's also be self-critical. Having a lot of time to play doesn't imply that the developers have to satisfy all that extra time in a game that we knew was EA. They are humans too, putting so much pressure on them only diminishes their quality of life.

The problem is that is not the time but the skills TW lacks.....

We are almost 1 year into early access and there is still so much broken stuff since release (AI, smithing, you name it). They fix one bug and introduce 3 new bugs, that´s not a time issue.

They have a quality control and skill issue. For the QA they choose us, the paying EA customers instead of at least a few internals to test stuff before they release it. The development of this broken mess was slow since the release.

They could of course work 24/7 for like 3 days and then half of their staff will get ill for sure so this won´t help. Think about your own work. You would get more done if you work 12 hours a day, but you won´t be able to do this for a "long" time until you burn out.

So it doesn´t help us, the paying customers, to ask them to work more, but to work "better"....

I also have to work on some weekends but then I get a day off within the week. And I also had times where I worked 6 days a week for like 9-10 hours for some short period, it really ****ed me :grin: . I´m not a big fan of this, I´m more productive with my 5 days in a week and 8-9 hours.
Ssssshhh, no loud words, no negativity. You will scare them. They finally decided to do more then the bare minimum.
Good Job TW, you are awesome!!

Making software developers work 7 days a week generally slows down, rather than speeds up, development (unless done only very occasionally). People need time off work to work at their best.
Agree but i'd extrapolate and say.. forcing anybody do work 24/7 will cause people do their job badly and ultimately lead to burnout. Unless you love your work and it does not seem to be work in your own eyes... rare examples.

Ssssshhh, no loud words, no negativity. You will scare them. They finally decided to do more then the bare minimum.
Good Job TW, you are awesome!!
I really like to listen to some of their meetings when the managment claims that they are on a good way but the workers (devs) know that this isn´t the case. I´m pretty sure that´s how it is.

The speed doesn’t matter if you go in a wrong direction

There several decisions in this game hard to understand, and it is related with decision makers not with devs.

I really like to listen to some of their meetings when the managment claims that they are on a good way but the workers (devs) know that this isn´t the case. I´m pretty sure that´s how it is.
No, I´m pretty sure they know exactly how the game progresses since progress = money. Even when they don´t know details. What is one of the reasons I´m pretty happy to see that they decided to put some more work into the game. Even when the release probably takes about another year.

Anyone know why we cant buy camels in Aserai territories? I find it strange that we have camels in the game but you cant buy them for some reason. What the hell man, what am I missing here? Husnphree used to pop up in Husn fulq as tournament prizes but that's not case anymore, I know they disabled this but why can't we buy war camels?

Back
Top Bottom