Wondering if PC could run it on low-medium settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbob69420

Recruit
I have a pretty crappy PC.... It can run Warband 200v200 siege battle at around 40 fps, on average(maximum everything) but gets ALOT less frames when doing larger battles with the Viking DLC/ Expansion pack. I saw on the steam minimum system specs were pretty low but, my graphics card is integrated (I'm working on getting a 1080 ti) so, it won't run as well if I had an actual card.

Warband is amazing, but Bannerlord is better. I (based on my experience with triple A titles) recon I could get a a 50v50 medium settings at a constant 30, possibly 40fps

Those of you with more computer knowledge could help a lot
Thanks for your time if you put the effort in to read and answer this (:

Here's my PC (probably a rip off tbh but I don't have enough experience to build my own, or enough money to buy a better one)

AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 3350G
Radeon Vega 11 Integrated graphics
1 fan (was ripped off on that lol, said it had 3)
uhhhhh
450KW (W?) Power supply

Can't remember the rest

Edit, Apparently it's not triple A.... I need to get my facts right

Last edited:
Well if thats the FPS you're getting on warband, then it doesnt really look like you're going to have a enjoyable experience on bannerlord (on this system). If i were you i would wait it out untill you get a better pc. Otherwise you might really disappointed.

Well if thats the FPS you're getting on warband, then it doesnt really look like you're going to have a enjoyable experience on bannerlord (on this system). If i were you i would wait it out untill you get a better pc. Otherwise you might really disappointed.
Thought so lol. It will most likely be a year or two until I get a pc I'm comfortable playing most games with... I don't know what I expected tbh, it can barely run GTA V at low settings x2 astroscopic filtering, let alone another triple A title that isn't as well optimised and is all about 100s of units with there own "brain" running around and killing each other

so buy a good one, whotsa problem dowg
Have you heard that not everyone has enough money to buy a brand new PC capable of running Triple A titles at 120 fps ultra high settings?

I have a pretty crappy PC.... It can run Warband 200v200 siege battle at around 40 fps, on average(maximum everything) but gets ALOT less frames when doing larger battles with the Viking DLC/ Expansion pack. I saw on the steam minimum system specs were pretty low but, my graphics card is integrated (I'm working on getting a 1080 ti) so, it won't run as well if I had an actual card.

Warband is amazing, but Bannerlord is better. I (based on my experience with triple A titles) recon I could get a a 50v50 medium settings at a constant 30, possibly 40fps

Here's my PC (probably a rip off tbh but I don't have enough experience to build my own, or enough money to buy a better one)

AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 3350G
uhhhhh
450KW (W?) Power supply

Can't remember the rest

Well one thing I will say about Bannerlord is that is seems much more CPU limited than GPU limited, especially depending on battle size so I am not sure if just a GPU upgrade is going to help all that much. It also seems to love cores which you don't have many of on a 3350G. You would have to try it out but you might just be out of luck.

Have you heard that not everyone has enough money to buy a brand new PC capable of running Triple A titles at 120 fps ultra high settings?
I really don't know why people grow indignant when someone suggests that if someone wants to pursue a hobby, they need to invest what is required to pursue that hobby.

Computer gaming as a hobby is expensive. You need an initial investment of $1000-$3000 to break into the hobby and then you need to be able to upgrade your computer about every 2-3 years depending on what level of the computer gaming hobby you want to get into. At a more basic level you need to spend about $1000 ever 2-3 years in upgrades. At advanced levels probably more like $2000-$3000 every 2-3 years. Then you need to budget for the cost of games on top of that. If you can't do that, then computer gaming probably isn't the best hobby to get into, either that you have have to accept that there are going to be huge limitations on what you can play or not play and at what quality levels.

This is no different from any hobby. I have been thinking of picking up photography as a hobby for quite some time but just can't justify the cost of buying cameras, lens, memory cards, photo editing software, camera cases, tripods, etc. I mean sure, I could just use my I-Phone to take pictures and use MS Paint to edit them but that is going to severely limit how far I can take the hobby. That is what this guy is trying to do. He is trying to use the equalivant of an I-Phone to replace a Digital SLR camera and half dozen lens. It can be done, buy the quality just isn't going to be there.

To the OP. As you mentioned, your computer is very low spec for gaming. If you want to improve your gaming experience, you need to invest at least $1000 and probably more like $1500 if you want decent performance on AAA titles and get a new PC, preferable one more gaming orientated. I would also recommend you learn how to build your own PCs because you can save 20-30% of the cost of getting a pre-built and you will likely have better components. It will require some educating yourself but luckily there are probably literally hundreds of guides on the internet and Youtube that walk you through it step by step and it generally isn't all that complex to build one. If your unwilling or unable to do this, your gaming ability and experiences may very well be subpar and there will likely be quite a few games you will not be able to run at acceptable levels of quality and performance.

This is the cold hard truth, no cherry coating. PC gaming requires a PC able to run the games, there is no way around that.

AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 3350G
uhhhhh
450KW (W?) Power supply

Can't remember the rest
Just wait OP. You're not missing anything at this point. The 2020 Spring Buzz is gone.

Save your money up for some decent equipment (and hopefully when prices are more reasonable post-pandemic). Most of the battles in this game are more like 100 vs 100. With your current rig you'd be lucky to even launch the game. What do you even have for RAM lol?

Bannerlord really isn't that great right now either. Yeah the battles may look nifty (especially with editing), but the rest of the game around those battles leaves much to be desired. The game is fairly stable, but it's severely lacking actual content. And a lot of things need to be tweaked. Siege battles in particular are quite bad, bordering on straight up broken. Quite frankly I'm annoyed at myself for having sunk as many hours as I have at this point.

Come back in like 2022 when the game is released and or Mods have fixed what TW won't. Maybe you won't have to see things like this (which has been around since last April):
f2dGlum.jpg

Just wait OP. You're not missing anything at this point. The 2020 Spring Buzz is gone.

Save your money up for some decent equipment (and hopefully when prices are more reasonable post-pandemic). Most of the battles in this game are more like 100 vs 100. With your current rig you'd be lucky to even launch the game. What do you even have for RAM lol?

Bannerlord really isn't that great right now either. Yeah the battles may look nifty (especially with editing), but the rest of the game around those battles leaves much to be desired. The game is fairly stable, but it's severely lacking actual content. And a lot of things need to be tweaked. Siege battles in particular are quite bad, bordering on straight up broken. Quite frankly I'm annoyed at myself for having sunk as many hours as I have at this point.

Come back in like 2022 when the game is released and or Mods have fixed what TW won't. Maybe you won't have to see things like this (which has been around since last April):
f2dGlum.jpg
Ah yeah, forgot it was still early access

i wish it were triple A
Huh, guess I don't know muchy a bout triple A games, I mean. I have only played one

Just in time for Bannerlord to come out of EA :wink:
Huh? I thought it was just taleworlds working on bannerlord

I really don't know why people grow indignant when someone suggests that if someone wants to pursue a hobby, they need to invest what is required to pursue that hobby.

Computer gaming as a hobby is expensive. You need an initial investment of $1000-$3000 to break into the hobby and then you need to be able to upgrade your computer about every 2-3 years depending on what level of the computer gaming hobby you want to get into. At a more basic level you need to spend about $1000 ever 2-3 years in upgrades. At advanced levels probably more like $2000-$3000 every 2-3 years. Then you need to budget for the cost of games on top of that. If you can't do that, then computer gaming probably isn't the best hobby to get into, either that you have have to accept that there are going to be huge limitations on what you can play or not play and at what quality levels.

This is no different from any hobby. I have been thinking of picking up photography as a hobby for quite some time but just can't justify the cost of buying cameras, lens, memory cards, photo editing software, camera cases, tripods, etc. I mean sure, I could just use my I-Phone to take pictures and use MS Paint to edit them but that is going to severely limit how far I can take the hobby. That is what this guy is trying to do. He is trying to use the equalivant of an I-Phone to replace a Digital SLR camera and half dozen lens. It can be done, buy the quality just isn't going to be there.

To the OP. As you mentioned, your computer is very low spec for gaming. If you want to improve your gaming experience, you need to invest at least $1000 and probably more like $1500 if you want decent performance on AAA titles and get a new PC, preferable one more gaming orientated. I would also recommend you learn how to build your own PCs because you can save 20-30% of the cost of getting a pre-built and you will likely have better components. It will require some educating yourself but luckily there are probably literally hundreds of guides on the internet and Youtube that walk you through it step by step and it generally isn't all that complex to build one. If your unwilling or unable to do this, your gaming ability and experiences may very well be subpar and there will likely be quite a few games you will not be able to run at acceptable levels of quality and performance.

This is the cold hard truth, no cherry coating. PC gaming requires a PC able to run the games, there is no way around that.
I get that, but bro, I was struggling to connect my monitor. There is no way I'm ganna be able to build my own PC. I could try, but I'd break everything accidentally. I know where bits go and such and how to connect them (kinda) but 1000-1500 is alot of money to spend on just a PC every year or two... My pc isn't SOOO bad. It can play the games I usually play (Except one of them. Bought it ages ago when I thought my stinky old laptop could run anything. twas £40, waste o' money) and they get reasonable fps.

I didn't really expect anyone to say, "hey this is a great gaming pc, you could play bannerlord on 4k Ultra high settings"

My current PC will probably last until 2022 as I'm think about getting a PS4 or something. Then I legit won't care about my pc for an age

You cannot play this game with an integrated card. A 1080TI or even a normal 1080 will be enough. I had a standard 1080 before my uppgrade and I had 70-90fps on max settings. MAYBE, just maybe your CPU will be a minor problem but I dont think it will affect you that much.

You cannot play this game with an integrated card. A 1080TI or even a normal 1080 will be enough. I had a standard 1080 before my uppgrade and I had 70-90fps on max settings. MAYBE, just maybe your CPU will be a minor problem but I dont think it will affect you that much.
I can't remember which is which, is the CPU the actual processing unit and the GPU the graphics card, or is it the other way round?

So if I understand, I would need a more powerful processer to run it, not a more powerful card (but I do need it)?

I can't remember which is which, is the CPU the actual processing unit and the GPU the graphics card, or is it the other way round?

So if I understand, I would need a more powerful processer to run it, not a more powerful card (but I do need it)?

GPU = Graphics card and CPU = Processor. You definitely need a better graphics card, not a monster but a dedicated card. Your processor might work I dont know much about the one you have but the info I get from googling it makes it seem like it's capable to run the game in medium and maybe big battles.

Don't think your pc will handle it dude, besides you need ram, lots and lots of it cause bannerlord eats ram for breakfast, i had unbearable stutters with 8gb ram (even if the game was running 60fps perfectly) and it only went away when i added another 8gb to it.

GPU = Graphics card and CPU = Processor. You definitely need a better graphics card, not a monster but a dedicated card. Your processor might work I dont know much about the one you have but the info I get from googling it makes it seem like it's capable to run the game in medium and maybe big battles.
Ah right thanks, I definitely need a better graphics card. I recently start playig Jurassic World Evolution again (low settings, still looks fine) getting about 40-50 fps. I have this thing where if I press Window and G it comes up with this window that tells me my fps, Vram usage, Ram usage, Cpu uage, Gpu usage and my Gpu is always at 100% lol
Don't think your pc will handle it dude, besides you need ram, lots and lots of it cause bannerlord eats ram for breakfast, i had unbearable stutters with 8gb ram (even if the game was running 60fps perfectly) and it only went away when i added another 8gb to it.
I got 16gb of Ram I think that's enough but It's just my GPU I need to upgrade

You will never be able to play this game with those POS specs, early acces or not. You need to stop being stingy and save up to get something better or get used to playing runescape and Warband for the rest of your life?:lol:.

I was like you for a long time, accepting ****ty grapics and bad performance because I thought I couldent justify spending money on a decent pc.

My advice is to buy a gaming laptop that way you get good perfomance and can also use it for work/study etc. I bought a Lenovo legion y540 through lenovos website, found out I could choose choose the laptop specs and software myself (they charge 160$ for windows 10 for example when you can get it for 16$ through windows) and get 25% discount as a university student.

All in all Insted of paying 1900$ I payed 1250$ for gtx 1660 ti, 16 gb ram, i-5 9400 etc, I now play Bannerlord at highest graphics above 60 fps.

You can properly build a desktop with similar specs even cheaper, but no matter what you choose, you need to do some research to get a good deal.

You will never be able to play this game with those POS specs, early acces or not. You need to stop being stingy and save up to get something better or get used to playing runescape and Warband for the rest of your life?:lol:.

I was like you for a long time, accepting ****ty grapics and bad performance because I thought I couldent justify spending money on a decent pc.

My advice is to buy a gaming laptop that way you get good perfomance and can also use it for work/study etc. I bought a Lenovo legion y540 through lenovos website, found out I could choose choose the laptop specs and software myself (they charge 160$ for windows 10 for example when you can get it for 16$ through windows) and get 25% discount as a university student.

All in all Insted of paying 1900$ I payed 1250$ for gtx 1660 ti, 16 gb ram, i-5 9400 etc, I now play Bannerlord at highest graphics above 60 fps.

You can properly build a desktop with similar specs even cheaper, but no matter what you choose, you need to do some research to get a good deal.
I'm fine with low graphics (unless things are litteraly clipping into another) but I cannot COPE with anything below 30 fps. I would rather buy an actual PC than buying a laptop, gaming laptops are usually more expensive. (Btw in my country computer parts are way more expensive than in the US)

Ah right thanks, I definitely need a better graphics card. I recently start playig Jurassic World Evolution again (low settings, still looks fine) getting about 40-50 fps. I have this thing where if I press Window and G it comes up with this window that tells me my fps, Vram usage, Ram usage, Cpu uage, Gpu usage and my Gpu is always at 100% lol

I got 16gb of Ram I think that's enough but It's just my GPU I need to upgrade

Yeah, your RAM is fine tho. Get a card and you'll be golden mate :smile:

OP just be patient and wait till Bannerlord's full release; it is unoptimised af rn. Even if you don't, you can't get the full experience.

Btw maybe you could try Nvidia GeForce Experience, that would do the job thou.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom