How does the new battle scene thing work mentioned in update 7 video

Users who are viewing this thread

It looks like they're just creating one scene for each sector here, pretty cool but could also be repetitive? We will see I guess.
f0fae7588c91e80e9e9ff5b2fda597ee.png

It looks like they're just creating one scene for each sector here, pretty cool but could also be repetitive? We will see I guess.
f0fae7588c91e80e9e9ff5b2fda597ee.png
well if they add over time many scenes for each region in that map it'll be cool, you would know that certain battlemaps only appear in western Vlandia, others in the Mediterranean little for example etc

Yeah its super cool if you ask me. Finally i can have a proper bridge battle when im near the bridge, and not suddenly get thrown into... dunno. lame bridge battle.....

Very good feature!
I wonder if fighting close to a city you will be able to see it in the distance but that is probably too much to ask. Nevertheless very cool feature.

Hmm on one hand I'm glad I can finally know what sort of terrain I'll be fighting on.

On the other hand a lot of the old battle scenes are pretty good. I just hope these new ones aren't rushed, but I think they've been working on this for awhile. Though in the video they didn't look entirely polished. Suppose it might get repetitive, but I'll take consistency over RNG most days.

So it seems like, before we are entering a random map in a selected map pool, based on terrain type. Now we will be drop into real location on the map, which means they are not making each region one map, but making each region a map.

If I am getting it right, this is a great step forward imo.

So it seems like, before we are entering a random map in a selected map pool, based on terrain type. Now we will be drop into real location on the map, which means they are not making each region one map, but making each region a map.

If I am getting it right, this is a great step forward imo. My only potential issue is that those regions are pretty big on the campaign map and it is conceivable that you might very well find yourself always fighting on the same map over and over. I mean take the battle that starts at 2:16 into the video. That is a very large chuck of land between those two bridges. Then look at the battle map bird's eye view at 2:27 in the video and you realize that once in battle mod, that area between the two bridges is rather tiny. I mean it doesn't look like you could even
My only potential issue is that those regions are pretty big on the campaign map and it is conceivable that you might very well find yourself always fighting on the same map over and over.

Also those big areas of campaign maps are shrunk down to very tiny sizes once your in battle mode. I mean take the battle that starts at 2:16 into the development video. That is a very large chuck of land between those three bridges seems pretty huge and would take a few in game hours to cross in the campaign map. Then look at the battle map bird's eye view at 2:27 in the video and you realize that once in the battle map, that the scale is massively shrunk down and you could barely spread out a large army on the land between those three bridges.

I am not sure if it is going to be cool like that or be very immersion breaking to be honest but I will reserve judgement until I see it actually in game.

My only potential issue is that those regions are pretty big on the campaign map and it is conceivable that you might very well find yourself always fighting on the same map over and over.

Also those big areas of campaign maps are shrunk down to very tiny sizes once your in battle mode. I mean take the battle that starts at 2:16 into the development video. That is a very large chuck of land between those three bridges seems pretty huge and would take a few in game hours to cross in the campaign map. Then look at the battle map bird's eye view at 2:27 in the video and you realize that once in the battle map, that the scale is massively shrunk down and you could barely spread out a large army on the land between those three bridges.

I am not sure if it is going to be cool like that or be very immersion breaking to be honest but I will reserve judgement until I see it actually in game.
I had the same thoughts.
Still quite an impressive update.

Total War had exactly the same thing, so I'm happy about it, because it brings more battlemap variants into the game and you no longer start always on the same location on the map. I Hope in the future we would see the cities in the background of the map, if they are nearby.

If you spend most of your time in one kingdom as a vassal for example its gonna get repetitive fighting in the same loations all the time real quick..

That's fair put I think.

I am just taking this as a overall thing first, like they achieve the connection between main map and battle scene, as a great step forward.

I do see where the same map perception as a argument stand at.

If you spend most of your time in one kingdom as a vassal for example its gonna get repetitive fighting in the same loations all the time real quick..
But it makes sense, would be the same in the real world.

I hope they´ll have a pool of 3 maps or whatever for a region too make it less repetitive. Overall I really like the new system.

But it already happens only with completely random maps, if you reload the same fight you'll go from dense forests to open plains to mountain passes in the same place circling just a few maps from east to west basically, it makes no sense lol

If they really made one big scene for each region this will be amazing to me, maybe the biggest and most positive change in the game so far.

Predictability is good and it'll make each region fell much more unique and interesting to me.

But it already happens only with completely random maps, if you reload the same fight you'll go from dense forests to open plains to mountain passes in the same place circling just a few maps from east to west basically, it makes no sense lol

If they really made one big scene for each region this will be amazing to me, maybe the biggest and most positive change in the game so far.

Predictability is good and it'll make each region fell much more unique and interesting to me.
Yeah cause there's a total of 3 field battle maps in the game :lol:

eXaCtLy LiKe iN tHe ReAl wOrLd
Yeah cause medieval battles are often fought in the exact same location

What if the opposing parties meet at the foot of a mountain/at a hill but the battle map is a flat open field because that's what most of the campaign map's sector looks like

Back
Top Bottom