Balance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I play this mod since the previous version and I noticed a few things that I don't really understand.
I noticed that the roman factions are considerably larger than the others, however my games seem to start with the entire map declaring war on them and mostly trashing them to the ground by the time I get high enough level to do anything with or against them. Fair enough, large factions against a lot of small ones, however, the small ones seem to have armies nearly the same size as the romans and it seems that roman legions are no match for the enormous amounts of german nobles the AI operates with or as a matter of fact against any faction that use considerable cavalry. There should be some kind of attrition, to at least make the difference in faction size visible. During one of my games, I defended one of my towns about 7 times in a row and exterminated hundreds of germanic nobles, yet within a week they just came back. Do they grow on the trees of the Hercynian forest?
War declarations are also quite heavily out of hand. Factions on the complete opposite side of the map declaring war on each other randomly. That is... pretty pointless.
I also noticed that most swords can't be used to block. Not really sure why. I used such swords myself and blocking has never really been a problem with them.
I really enjoy playing this mod, but a bit more balance in wars and armies would make it a lot more enjoyable.

There should be some kind of attrition, to at least make the difference in faction size visible. During one of my games, I defended one of my towns about 7 times in a row and exterminated hundreds of germanic nobles, yet within a week they just came back.

This is the main reason I dropped the mod until (if) this is fixed.

The reason behind this is the so called advanced campaign AI script, which decreases the time for regenerating AI lord armies. (to a lesser extent this problem also exists in vanilla Warband)
Theoretically this could be turned off, which is what I always do this in mods where this submod is installed. But for some reason in Bellum imperii the turn off method resets. The setting campaign ai: off simply doesn't save.

I already reported this in the bugs forum, but didn't get a reply, so I doubt it will be fixed.

I also noticed that most swords can't be used to block. Not really sure why. I used such swords myself and blocking has never really been a problem with them.
I really enjoy playing this mod, but a bit more balance in wars and armies would make it a lot more enjoyable.

This is simply a bad setting by the developers, I am quite certain that it is unintended.
Unfortunately this means that some troops are useless, and that you might end up with a no-block-sword and no shield in tournaments...
I didn't find this specific bug gamebreaking.
(the bandit infested, no go regions and the advanced campaign AI bug is gamebraking for me tho)

Back
Top Bottom