Resolved [e1.5.8 Beta] Texture are not loaded/messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
THANK YOU! Little updates like this go a looooooong way. Knowing that it is a high priority task is a huge relief since it's a high priority nuisance to me. So thank you so very much for the update and I wish your devs the best of luck in trying to solve it!

I am having the same problem. It seems to get progressively worse although there are moments of respite on occasion when you come back after a while.

Can you play a 1.5.8 beta save in the 1.5.7 main branch without problems? This is the second bug I have run into in as many days if you don't count the occasional CTD (Much improved from 1.5.7 beta btw) and although none of them are game-breaking, they have really reduced my ability to enjoy the game. If it's possible I think I will downgrade to the main branch until there is at least a hotfix or something.
I couldn't load a 1.5.8 beta with 1.5.7. Annoying since I my progress was limited in the last 1.5.7 save. The interior and exterior areas are just ugly now, while its not so noticeable on the battlefield.

sometimes it takes some seconds 1-3 but now it works.

thank you
Glad it works for you, but it dont work stable here tbh.

The icons take longer to load perhaps, but if you let them load in its usually stable but not always on my end atleast.

Still have the issue where I can force it to happend by opening closeing a window too fast, and not have the screen be fully loaded, then the effect will happend.

I still also randomly have it happend during combat(I never had it happdend that often to start out in combat, but a few times, mostly it was triggered from the mentioned issue of menu's not being fully loaded etc)

So while its true its improved for me aswell abit since the last patch, the issue is still not gone.
I dont have this issue on 1.57 though, so thats what I play(miss alot of the features that 1.58 added)

I couldn't load a 1.5.8 beta with 1.5.7. Annoying since I my progress was limited in the last 1.5.7 save. The interior and exterior areas are just ugly now, while its not so noticeable on the battlefield.
Noted. thank you. I wish I had checked this thread before I tried it myself. Would have saved my self some time and bandwidth.

The oddest thing about the whole thing is that the issue persists somewhat even after restart. The game runs for a while, the problem happens. Restarting game or my computer lets me play for a little while but the issue comes back faster the second, third, and forth time, to the point that I have to stop playing the game all together for a while. It's like the memory leak or whatever the problem actually is takes a while to clear out of the hardware or something. The whole thing seems weird to the layman like me. Basically after a while the textures can't load. I have noticed while in game hopping between windows without giving time to all the thumbnails or graphics to load properly seems to expedite the problem.

I need someone else to reply to my "hotfix" that works for this aka scientific method of sorts.
Todays hotfix didnt fix it for me atleast.

So I was wondering do tweaking some of the settings help?
To some degree lowering settings have had an effect where its taken longer before the issue to arise.

However I tweaked the amount of GPU dedicated memory which I hadnt touched before.
I moved it from Very High as thats what I usually have it on.
Moved the it down to Very Low and here's the "odd thing"/fix is comeing.

What happends is that I still get the icons not showing, spinning icons etc.. however when I close the windows and open them again -> it resets and the issue is gone.

While maybe not ideal, it is alot faster to close a bartemenu and re-open it again than to close the game and start it all over again (imo).

Example if you hit K for Kingdome menu - the name of the holding and the face of the lord is supposed to show.
Typically then the issue will make the face not showing.
Hit K again, and it closes that menu, now hit K again and it opens and on my end now the lords face shows.

Should this work for others hooray!
For Taleworlds maybe it narrows down that there is something specific to that memory allocation that needs to be looked at.

Again this works/fixes the issue when it pops up on my end but it could be just my luck and or config of my rig that it works for me and not others.

---
Edited
I forgot to note that I deleted the Shaders folder in Bannerlord first.
Then I verified it on Steam.

I played with it like that but that didnt work, but then I changed the settings under performance to Very low(and I can also use it on low) and the issue is "gone" and or fixable when it occurs by closeing the window it happends in(try first to wait abit when its the spinning icons, if it dont come back, close it and now it should load normally(atleast it do for me).

I still wouldnt consider the issue fixed though, but this is a workaround, that atleast makes the version of the game "enjoyable"/playable.(for me)

Last edited:
I need someone else to reply to my "hotfix" that works for this aka scientific method of sorts.

To some degree lowering settings have had an effect where its taken longer before the issue to arise.

However I tweaked the amount of GPU dedicated memory which I hadnt touched before.

What happends is that I still get the icons not showing, spinning icons etc.. however when I close the windows and open them again -> it resets and the issue is gone.

While maybe not ideal, it is alot faster to close a bartemenu and re-open it again than to close the game and start it all over again (imo).

Example if you hit K for Kingdome menu - the name of the holding and the face of the lord is supposed to show.
Hit K again, and it closes that menu, now hit K again and it opens and on my end now the lords face shows.

For Taleworlds maybe it narrows down that there is something specific to that memory allocation that needs to be looked at.

Again this works/fixes the issue when it pops up on my end but it could be just my luck and or config of my rig that it works for me and not others.
Alas, today's fix didn't help me (
I'll try your solution, maybe I'll get lucky too. You get tired of restarting the game every half hour, or even more often.

---
Edited
I forgot to note that I deleted the Shaders folder in Bannerlord first.
Then I verified it on Steam.

I played with it like that but that didnt work, but then I changed the settings under performance to Very low(and I can also use it on low) and the issue is "gone" and or fixable when it occurs by closeing the window it happends in(try first to wait abit when its the spinning icons, if it dont come back, close it and now it should load normally(atleast it do for me).

I still wouldnt consider the issue fixed though, but this is a workaround, that atleast makes the version of the game "enjoyable"/playable.(for me)
I was able to play quietly for an hour according to your method, until the icons stopped working again

I was able to play quietly for an hour according to your method, until the icons stopped working again
Yah as I stated this was more a dirty-fix that worked for me.
But then again if you have to restart each 1hr vs 10 min thats playable atleast.

Still odd they havent figured out what it is though, I've tried to look at files and see if there is any thing I can spot in them if there is differences between 1.57 and 1.58 but alas.
Most likely its in one of the filetypes I cant open(like the .exe files or something something I dunno, not that savy)

I really hope they fix it sooner than later, as its one of the most frustrating issues I've had atleast

Yah as I stated this was more a dirty-fix that worked for me.
But then again if you have to restart each 1hr vs 10 min thats playable atleast.

Still odd they havent figured out what it is though, I've tried to look at files and see if there is any thing I can spot in them if there is differences between 1.57 and 1.58 but alas.
Most likely its in one of the filetypes I cant open(like the .exe files or something something I dunno, not that savy)

I really hope they fix it sooner than later, as its one of the most frustrating issues I've had atleast
In any case, we knew what we were doing, downloading the beta version) We will wait for further fixes.

In any case, we knew what we were doing, downloading the beta version) We will wait for further fixes.
Very true. The hotfix last night has improved it loads. It is not fully fixed at least for me. It still happens but after like two hours of gameplay and restarting the game computer gives me another two. So it is no longer ruining my fun. Thank you, Taleworlds.

Last edited:
Very true. The hotfix last night has improved it loads. It is not fully fixed at least for me. It still happens but after like two hours of gameplay and restarting the game gives me another two. So it is no longer ruining my fun. Thank you, Taleworlds.
You are in luck, since such failures occur so rarely) I had 2 hours without glitches only at the beginning of a new game after a recent fix. After that, everything returned to what it was, every 30 minutes or less.

You are in luck, since such failures occur so rarely) I had 2 hours without glitches only at the beginning of a new game after a recent fix. After that, everything returned to what it was, every 30 minutes or less.
Same here, 1,5 h of fun followed by the reocuring 30 min intervals...

Same here, 1,5 h of fun followed by the reocuring 30 min intervals...

I get the issue still, but most of the time by opening and closeing the menu's it goes away.
I dont have to restart the whole game each time.
But at the very least anything is better than the unberable lol 10 min and it was totally messed up.

Be supercareful to allow all assets to load in before switching if you see something spin or not load properly.

#metoo

The hotfix didn't help. It's funny that such a minor thing can really tank the fun of playing this game. I appreciate TW working on this and making it a priority.

So I've also had another suspision -> tested it..

I napped out my network cable when playing the game(since I only play singleplayer anyways).

For me the spinning/slow loading is now gone or at teh very least reduced to a level where I dont notice it, maybe the first time you open any menu, but after that its "instant".

So again if anyone else can verify if they get a good effect out of this?

I read something similar on BG3 EA where ppl had issues, and that they got it resolved by yanking out the cable, as the data the companies leechs from our play then shutsdown and or dont cause issues.

While its all good and nice that they collect metrics, its not ok when or if its a source that makes the version unenjoyable/unplayable.
I'm thinking it may not directly be the program that do it, but perhaps a conflict in the anti-virus/firewall and the program perhaps?

I have little to no insight so all this is more or less speculations and magic, but when it works well I'd thougth I'd share and or get feedback if works for others aswell.
I could now flip the switch on performance back to very high with no issues aswell.
I cant see there have been dloaded a patch today so.

I napped out my network cable when playing the game(since I only play singleplayer anyways).

For me the spinning/slow loading is now gone or at teh very least reduced to a level where I dont notice it, maybe the first time you open any menu, but after that its "instant".

I read something similar on BG3 EA where ppl had issues, and that they got it resolved by yanking out the cable, as the data the companies leechs from our play then shutsdown and or dont cause issues.

While its all good and nice that they collect metrics, its not ok when or if its a source that makes the version unenjoyable/unplayable.
I'm thinking it may not directly be the program that do it, but perhaps a conflict in the anti-virus/firewall and the program perhaps?

I have little to no insight so all this is more or less speculations and magic, but when it works well I'd thougth I'd share and or get feedback if works for others aswell.
I could now flip the switch on performance back to very high with no issues aswell.
i played with steam offline because no internet connection and still had the endless loading and potatoe textures.

Have you started a new game or continued an old save? This is important, because when starting a New Game for a couple of hours, an error with textures and icons does not appear.

If you continued the old save, how many hours did you play?

I will definitely check your method today, but I very much doubt it will help.

UPD: So, the actual problem appeared immediately after starting the game, not even a couple of minutes had passed.

Last edited:
Have you started a new game or continued an old save? This is important, because when starting a New Game for a couple of hours, an error with textures and icons does not appear.

If you continued the old save, how many hours did you play?

I will definitely check your method today, but I very much doubt it will help.

UPD: So, the actual problem appeared immediately after starting the game, not even a couple of minutes had passed.

Bummer it didnt work for others.

I've contintued with the same 1.58 save I started at day 1 of it.
Various small tweaks have helped for me, but pulling out the network "removed" the issue for me at all.
I had managed to get it down to "almost nothing" and when the spinning occured I could close the menu and open it again and it was ok.
Now the spin is barley detectable at all.

I've played some hrs without the cable plugged in, how long I'm not totally sure of, but atleast 2hrs + before I made this post about jack out the cable.
Again it works on my end, but alas it may not work on yours, but if it do hooray!
but if it works for more, it could be something for them to look into, but again I'm still thinking its core issue is something with the engine and its allocation of memory and all theese small things I do, may not "fix it" but just stall before the issue occours?

But to put it this way I can flip between the menu's in an instant and the icons arent spinning on my end atleast, just like you can in 1.57 and before.
Sometimes it can be abit of a spin, but its "most likely not noticable unless your looking for it"(or aware of it)(like we are).

--

Edit 2hrs of play with the network disabled and have not had the issue at all.
I logged out to eat, rl interfers with my gametime!

The spinning is virtually non-existent on my end atleast.
Uou can see it start to fire up, but only cause your "looking for it as I mentioned".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom