taleworlds HATES the community!!!

How do you feel about Taleworld's response to community criticisms and suggestions?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of communication by Taleworlds on their plans for multiplayer is downright impressive. Something as simple as changing the factions on a duel server becomes a "to do", only for us never to hear about it again and for Taleworlds to forget they ever mentioned it. How long would it have taken to change the factions on the duel server? Probably the same amount of time it would have taken a community manager to write an update saying they decided not to. Duel server factions is something I don't really care about, but the issue here is that this behavior is representative of how they have responded to the community as a whole since the release of Bannerlord.

How long ago was it that Taleworlds told us they were looking into a one life game mode, 9 months? I don't think they've said anything about it since. It seems like they have never even cared about people's opinions on multiplayer. Even when they are making it clear they will be maintaining unpopular mechanics as the core of multiplayer gameplay like the class system, they aren't straightforward about it and give evasive answers along the lines of "we are sure you will appreciate the class system given time!".

Despite North American players pointing out to Taleworlds that adding separate West Coast servers helps no one because the North American community is so small that will only further fracture the small player base remaining, Taleworlds went ahead and added those servers anyway. At this point, new NA players probably think skirmish is a 3v3 game mode.

Which brings me to my main point, after almost a year of completely ignoring most community input, Taleworlds is now taking an aggressive stance against legitimate and well thought out community suggestions. Recently, a thread discussing new game mechanics which would make multiplayer more interesting and immersive was locked for absolutely no reason. Honestly, at this point does Taleworlds even hope to gain players back to multiplayer? It seems like the only drastic actions they will take are in the wrong direction like adding crush through or making throwing weapons stronger as opposed to working on game mechanics to make people love Mount and Blade again. In fact, Taleworlds would rather lock these suggestion threads than see anyone even hope for the game to get better, in light of this I would ask everyone reading this thread to take a look at the recent suggestion thread in question!

pi1UUcO.gif

I personally love TaleWorlds keep making momma happy. Keep up the great work TaleWorlds!

They literally released a new blog Friday. If what’s in the list actually comes, it’s almost everything we’ve been asking for
I think it should be cleared up that OP is talking specifically about criticism and suggestions. The devs are communicating but only to an extend that goes forward with their vision. I will bring it up again but class system was a very big point about which the community gave endless (even good) suggestions for but 0 of them were taken into account.

You can say they are balancing it and taking suggestions for stats/weapon changes but these are essentially things that they need to advance their vision of the game. There is nothing that will deviate from their path.

The boat thread was a troll thread, and TW has said there'd be a Single Life mode since early 2018 when Skirmish was first announced, not just 9 months ago.

I mean this is unfair to say they arent communicating with us. I for one, have a clear picture of what they are leading Bannerlord to (wether i agree with it or not)

-We know they will keep the class system to the grave
-We know they will release a duel mode
-We know they will release a battle mode
-We know they will release more maps
-We know they are working on nerfing Cav, especially horses. They are working on sound cues which is the worst issue of it all.
-We know they will nerf cav in siege
-We know they are working into making Infantry more pleasing to play as (although i would like for them to say what they personnally think makes infantry feel like **** to play as)
-We know they want to keep the matchmaking, make a ranking system, leveling system with xp and cosmetics you can unlock with said xp.
-We know they will nerf crossbow in some way
-We know they work on balancing the classes
-We know they are working into making Cav and Archers more effective in Captain mode
Etc.

There is although some dead zones where we dont hear **** about (difficult topics i mentioned earlier) :
-ETAs in general. Fixes that for us seems like things that could change quickly seems to take forever to be released (Fixing crushthrough for example took way too long).
-The swing arcs, i've never seen any TW input on that. It is a massive issue that the swing arcs goes to far in the back and on the sides, which leads to an abundance of collisions when fighting in big piles of people (and most of these collisions are glancing blows on ennemy horses)
-The release of custom servers and modding tools for MP. Basicly what they said to us is that they will not release them until native is complete, therefore we serve as beta testers in the mean time.

They are trying their best. I agree they are a little bit too stubborn and slow but as been said they only have few devs in mp section.
In my opinion they should ask top tier players for their opinion directly before implementing something new. For example 12jareeds is definitely was an overkill and every divA player would say so if only they asked.

TW please go dm discord, tell them we want to game to be balanced around this and this, what's your suggestions to reach that, and guys who are playing bl 100hours\week will suggest something better. Not to be rude, but when it comes to balancing they are really know better what's the problems in a game and how to fix them without breaking something else.

I don't think the whole community matters.
There are always few people who can provide constructive suggestions.

For example, Players remaining will focus on "balancing". However, the majority(quit players), was because of gameplay. They do not practice enough to provide any constructive suggestions before they quit. And they don't want to, because they thought the game is boring.

Another example... do all people crying about the "class system" is actually thinking of customized? Or some of us are thinking of a character growth system in TDM? To satisfy those players, do devs need to Polish the TDM instead of changing the whole multiplayer game? Or make another mode that allows ppl levelling their characters up?

When ppl say "buff inf", do we actually want to say "inf", or we actually mean "buff melee"?
When ppl say "battle pls" do we actually want to say "1 life", or we actually mean "massive+organized battle"?
When ppl say "Cavs annoying", is it because of Cavs are strong, or is it because of the "Jumping around" style of gameplay?

When ppl say "buff inf", do we actually want to say "inf", or we actually mean "buff melee"?
When ppl say "battle pls" do we actually want to say "1 life", or we actually mean "massive+organized battle"?
When ppl say "Cavs annoying", is it because of Cavs are strong, or is it because of the "Jumping around" style of gameplay?
It's all the same.

How to make the game fun for newbies is another question and it's only TW's headache. But when it comes to balancing, it affects all competitive community and I strongly believe if certain players could have their voice heared, balance would become way better in a short period of time.

Another question is, are TW want to release patches constantly even after the game releases to change the meta and force players to explore the game to find new and better strategies, or they want to make one good static version and maybe sometimes add new maps and that's it.

They are trying their best. I agree they are a little bit too stubborn and slow but as been said they only have few devs in mp section.
In my opinion they should ask top tier players for their opinion directly before implementing something new. For example 12jareeds is definitely was an overkill and every divA player would say so if only they asked.

TW please go dm discord, tell them we want to game to be balanced around this and this, what's your suggestions to reach that, and guys who are playing bl 100hours\week will suggest something better. Not to be rude, but when it comes to balancing they are really know better what's the problems in a game and how to fix them without breaking something else.

Fact is that they had input from top tier players 2 years ago. They decided to go early access instead and ignore most of those suggestions.

It's all the same.

How to make the game fun for newbies is another question and it's only TW's headache. But when it comes to balancing, it affects all competitive community and I strongly believe if certain players could have their voice heared, balance would become way better in a short period of time.

Another question is, are TW want to release patches constantly even after the game releases to change the meta and force players to explore the game to find new and better strategies, or they want to make one good static version and maybe sometimes add new maps and that's it.

Thank you for your reply.

It's not about newbie players or not... those examples are about everyone.

I think individual action game participants will care more about the "flow experience" (psychology) than the strategy. while audiences will care about strategy more.
If we put competitive above the "flow experience", it won't be fun to play, (will be fun only when you watch it, instead of playing it).
If the game is not fun, no population, then we won't have many tournaments to watch.

It's not necessary to have conflicts between a good competitive game and a good action game. However, we currently haven't achieved that. Some "competitive" features break flow experience. Not for newbie only... it's everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom