Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

Reading this thread is a very sobering experience. I feel like someone suddenly switched the lights on while I was watching a move and at the same time I am learning Santa Claus doesn't exist.

The features offered in this are as lackluster as I could have imagined. Most mods from warband have much better features than this game, it's pathetic. This is just so sad. Aim high TW lol.

I would like to suggest to at least give the player an option to involve oneself into armor "crafting", killing two birds with one stone by letting the player craft only already existing armor in its original state (provided one has the right skill and materials) - at the same time providing some alleviation for the issue of much missing high tier armors in towns, and an option for the player to get them without using gamey exploits (marrying for armor) or cheat mode.

Yes, please. Most underrated comment in this thread @Duh_TaleWorlds .

Edit: also, please let us pay a smith for doing the work for us if we can't smith ourselves.

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds I will try again and pray to the Gods, can you please ask the character development team to examine the 300 trade perk, depending on how many social points you spend it takes around 1250-2500 days to get it. I know it is a very powerful perk, but you are forced to spend 10 points to get it and takes a long time, I have made several suggestions to ease it up a "little", but my #1 idea is get rid of the 275 perks as they are junk except for governors perks which 99.9% of companions will never get and move "everything has a price" to 275 like all the other max perks. I promise no more comments on this. thank you

Currently, that is not planned. Part of the challenge is that f.e. the armors in the game are a single piece whereas crafting requires individual pieces that can be mixed and matched.
that's a bummer :sad: but will you have the code or something set up somewhere for modders to step up to allow people to make a armor or bow making system same with shields? cause it will be good to have companions or your main run with the best made gear with positive modifiers that you can trust since it is made by your own hands.

What's order of battle system? Is it how the AI will carry out a battle vs player?
Also, can we expect some sort of attack specific target command in the future? Something as simple as dropping the position flag on the enemy formation and selected formation attacks it.

At least TW will be out of the way soon. I would have preferred them implementing at least some of the things they had shown off but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Not saying it is a bad game by other game standards. But by Mount and Blade standards it isn't very good.

Skill progression improvements, the cultural bonuses, and hopefully better perks all sound very good. I hope you won't forget about the roguery "no-defection perk", and I wish for more perks that significantly shape gameplay in a different, more unique direction.

Board game improvements I am really happy for as well. Usually I absolutely love mini-games in games (fishing etc), but I don't really enjoy playing the mini-games in bannerlord. They're a little too unimmersive atm. I hope you will also add 2 more board games for the empire (they could use some more troop variation between the 3 empires as well, that would be really cool), and one of those games should be chess!! It's a very popular game these days and really fun. Give it a challenging AI! The AI for board games in general should be randomized between the npcs. Few should be poor, some should be medium, others should be quite challenging. Some natural variety, without having an option to choose difficulty (it's really immersion breaking). Those are improvements that I wish to see. Also some other mini-activities like wood-chopping to get hardwood for your party, fishing to get food etc would also be some nice small details, but I guess such things modders can implement as well. Just offering suggestions though

The last I am very hyped about is Ironman mode. I hope this won't just mean "just one save", but I guess it is ok seeing as how many players just choose to save-scum... Personally I would like a chance to die in battle for the player and also Ironman mode for - 1 life only. But with the heir system I don't think this will be a thing, which is fine I guess. Still, player should have that 2% chance to die in battle like any npc.

but you are forced to spend 10 points to get it and takes a long time

I think that the whole purpose of attributes: you have to be unnaturally strong at them to reach maximum proficiency, not some min/max points based on how many you want from said branch. Although I agree leveling (in general not only trading) is rather slow

As a new player to the mount and blade series ( i dabbled in warband but the graphics where a turn off for me) i see so much negativity to every post. I think you have truly made a work of art. I know everyone wants every idea implemented before release but i have to say i love the game. Been a very long time since i bought a game and was happy with what i paid for it. Others i have streamed to have also bought and love the game. So to me it seems that everyone is complaining about things they remember from an earlier version of the game that had runescape graphics.

My question is if they are implementing musical instruments, does this also mean that theres a chance we might get to have some of those units on the battlefield? Like a drummer banging away as you march into the fight. I know its prolly not on the list just thought it would be neat.

Someone did say something that i did firmly agree with. Once you have a kingdom its kinda bland. Its great fun building your character up and finally getting that kingdom of your own, but once you have it you realize its almost not worth having. IMO which may differ from others this is the area where focus needs to be pointed. The late game. We have the sitting on the throne animations and our courts being in the hall. Would be neat if the merchants came to you as you sat on the throne with smaller quests of things you could adjust in your kingdom. Some small quests touch on this a bit already.

Some said the companions are bland. I agree a bit there. Is there a reason we cant edit their names like we can nobles of our family? A small change that i'd like a lot. They lack personality or anything that makes them any different from another. I want to feel dread when a companion i've fought with dies on the battlefield.

Lastly a big one that i think should make the final cut is why do we have to go to clans and beg them with our fortunes to join us. Why would some clans not look for chances to be a leading clan in another faction. Like t2-t3 clans that are oppressed by policies of other factions they are in. Seeing a new kingdom that didnt have these policies should make them want to switch sides. Would also had more life to the end game. I absolutely hate chasing down clans once i start a kingdom and playing the rng chat roulette to find clans to join me. Noone really wants to save scum any actions. But sometimes it takes a lot to get a clan who's a small tier to join you.

Anyways i absolutely love what this game is. I'm excited every time i see a new update. My money was well spent regardless, and to know that once its final there will a modding community makes me even more excited for whats to come. Thanks for your hard work, on this beautiful game you've made.

EDIT: Also not coming from warband i have no idea of what the feast mechanics where there but it does sound like something that would breath some life into immersion

not coming from warband i have no idea of what the feast mechanics where there but it does sound like something that would breath some life into immersion
Yep! It wasn't the deepest game mechanic ever or anything, but it definitely helped immersion to see other lords actually doing things that weren't killing all the time. Feasts were also good because they collected lords/ladies into one place and made them wait there for a while, so if you wanted to find a lord/lady to talk to, you didn't have to chase them all around the map like you do currently.

Feasts were also useful for creating breathing room for the player. Kingdoms usually wouldn't instigate a war while they were busy feasting, so you didn't get the nonstop 24/7 wars that Bannerlord has.

As the player, if you got married you became able to hold feasts yourself, and could do a quest to go around the world collecting different types of food, spices and alcohol for the guests before you held the feast. The more variety/amount of food and drink you had at your feast, the more impressed your guests would be, and the more relation you would gain with them over the course of the feast. Was a nice quest to do.

Yep! It wasn't the deepest game mechanic ever or anything, but it definitely helped immersion to see other lords actually doing things that weren't killing all the time. Feasts were also good because they collected lords/ladies into one place and made them wait there for a while, so if you wanted to find a lord/lady to talk to, you didn't have to chase them all around the map like you do currently.

Feasts were also useful for creating breathing room for the player. Kingdoms usually wouldn't instigate a war while they were busy feasting, so you didn't get the nonstop 24/7 wars that Bannerlord has.

As the player, if you got married you became able to hold feasts yourself, and could do a quest to go around the world collecting different types of food, spices and alcohol for the guests before you held the feast. The more variety/amount of food and drink you had at your feast, the more impressed your guests would be, and the more relation you would gain with them over the course of the feast. Was a nice quest to do.

Exactly this! I mean they were kinda silly but they did give this important break and make the lords seemed like something else besides war machines with little else. Honestly i was hoping they'd improve feasts like lords approaching player on their own initiative for a variety of reasons -friendship/curiosity/challenge etc..

Back
Top Bottom