Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
Bug
Currently on beta 1.5.8, i had notice a weird bug around all items images on the campaign and inventory map. on the first 2 hours, everything is fine, but then it appears to fail to load some inventory images, like furs, food, even equipment fails to load the image, making it hard to see which item are you looking at, to the point of not even loading characters portraits, from artisans to even armies! Anyone knows something? Ty!
Edit: just in case, i had to exit the game and load again to make everything normal again, until the next hours.

Currently on beta 1.5.8, i had notice a weird bug around all items images on the campaign and inventory map. on the first 2 hours, everything is fine, but then it appears to fail to load some inventory images, like furs, food, even equipment fails to load the image, making it hard to see which item are you looking at, to the point of not even loading characters portraits, from artisans to even armies! Anyone knows something? Ty!
Edit: just in case, i had to exit the game and load again to make everything normal again, until the next hours.
Read through the forum. It is very annoying bug and has already been posted many times. Devs know it and work on it.

P.S. I wonder why it took so long in your case to pop up. After recent updates it makes my game unplayable after 15 minutes.

Read through the forum. It is very annoying bug and has already been posted many times. Devs know it and work on it.

P.S. I wonder why it took so long in your case to pop up. After recent updates it makes my game unplayable after 15 minutes.
Oh, sry didnt read the forum, was on the phone. Can i delete this thread or something?

I get failure to load character portraits, spinning wheels in item and unit list etc after playing a while. Usually just restart the game, fixes it until it happen again. In my current game it now happen faster and faster, even upon just loading the game. Gremlins in the machinery some place :p

I get failure to load character portraits, spinning wheels in item and unit list etc after playing a while. Usually just restart the game, fixes it until it happen again. In my current game it now happen faster and faster, even upon just loading the game. Gremlins in the machinery some place :p
yeah it happens immediately for me and its game ruining. takes twice as long to smith or trade
I decreased game quality settings to low and it now works longer (~1-2hr) but eventually it happens everytime. Persistent little sh*t - this bug is.

Played a bout a hour after patch, then slowly the spinning wheel of loading started to appear again in unit list and item list. Like graduate get worse and worse. just slower than it used too.

Are you still having the same problem after the latest hotfix?
You have solved like half of them, but still there are still bugged like vlandian helmets or something like that. Btw, why did you swap the vlandian sergeant and banner helmets? the pointy one was cool to the royal unit, let the toaster-like helmet to the sergeant!

I just got back into M&B II a few days ago and was pleased with the progress in the past year...
I am on Beta 1.5.8 because I saw that they FINALLY got skills working on some 95% of the skill tree.

Then a hot fix a day ago and this bug is back.

ITS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE LAUNCH.

How have they not gotten a permanent fix yet?!?!

Hello, we are aware of this issue and working on it. Thank you for reporting it in and sorry for any inconvenience.

So I decided to fiddle with the files of the game - Engine_config.

Then I went to the dlss technique which was 0 (which means its off) I turned it on to a 1.

So now the issue is totally gone.
The icon dont spin when in menu's(they can be bit slow at times yes, but dont get that spinning animation at all).
Flipping between menu's dont trigger it, load times of the items bit slow, but no spin.

I did notice that on the partymenu one of my companions shield is pink(but not actually in combat).(so it indicates it couldnt direcly load the texture for some reason).

I played for close to 3,5hrs in 1 sitting was a totally fresh start in 1.58 and didnt have any sign of the issue at all.

So if anyone else feel tempted to give it a go, to see if this is the "issue" or its more complex.
I've had some luck doing other things that made it so I could typically play for 2-4 hrs without any issues.
But then it was noticable slower when loading menu's etc.

Now its not noticable at all, felt like I was playing in 1.57 almost.

So I decided to fiddle with the files of the game - Engine_config.

Then I went to the dlss technique which was 0 (which means its off) I turned it on to a 1.

So now the issue is totally gone.
The icon dont spin when in menu's(they can be bit slow at times yes, but dont get that spinning animation at all).
Flipping between menu's dont trigger it, load times of the items bit slow, but no spin.

I did notice that on the partymenu one of my companions shield is pink(but not actually in combat).(so it indicates it couldnt direcly load the texture for some reason).

I played for close to 3,5hrs in 1 sitting was a totally fresh start in 1.58 and didnt have any sign of the issue at all.

So if anyone else feel tempted to give it a go, to see if this is the "issue" or its more complex.
I've had some luck doing other things that made it so I could typically play for 2-4 hrs without any issues.
But then it was noticable slower when loading menu's etc.

Now its not noticable at all, felt like I was playing in 1.57 almost.
I'll tell you a secret ... just ok for anyone? dlss is included in the game settings) It is not necessary to go into the configs. And yes, a lot of people have already checked it, it does not help.

I'll tell you a secret ... just ok for anyone? dlss is included in the game settings) It is not necessary to go into the configs. And yes, a lot of people have already checked it, it does not help.

Either its semantic or something, but the option to toggle it isnt present ingame for me?
I noticed it in the engine_config and flipped it.

However its prolly a false positive regardless - I havent played 1.58 for some time, and its been a hotfix there seems in the other threads about the issue that fixed it regardless for some.(or several in those threads). in the last day(s or so).

I noticed it after I posted this.
So you should prolly see if the issue is gone now with the latest fix or not.

"gone for me" what happends though is that after 4++ hrs the pink texture issue becomes more frequent(not loading the textures), but only in menu's not in actual combat etc, so its playable now, and takeing a break after 4hrs of play is something one prolly should do anyways :razz:

Back
Top Bottom