Resolved 1.5.8 beta - NPCs (wanderers/Arzagos/Istiana) disappear from game started on 1.5.7 - Save Game Breaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
hahaha I spent my first few hours of the game going to tournaments and getting gear and money. I even saved gear for future companions. Then they disappeared! I only have 5 left when I go to heroes and click the 'wanderers' filter. I remember there being a normal spread of potential recruits when I started my campaign save for a spicevendor. Looking forward to a fix, shame I'll likely need to restart my progress..

Any news from this bug? i can deal with the other graphical bug which starts to fail-load some icons from the inventory, but i cant even play this game if my potential followers start to dissapear. At least make sure you can bring them all back after playing the game! because it would be a pain in the butt spending some hours on this game to find out you cant bring them back and start over again...
No news yet 1.5.8 has a lot of bugs, it is almost unplayable.

After some testing and further "investigation",
a) talking to the heroes seems to mitigate the de-spawn of them,
- though spending the first month rushing through the pubs of fair calradia, talking to random heroes and marking them in the encyclopedia to track your progress ain't a ton of fun;
b) every now and then some kind of repopulation-agent? [got no freaking clue about the evil machinations of these pesky machine-spirits] generates new heroes around the start of each season OR existing heroes reemerge, so sandboxing around without special/essential wanderers (the quest-related folks) should be possible,
- but seriously foils any party-role management, should RNGsus decide to let you down. This particular procedure or function is a fickle maiden;
c) still can't get my head around the phasing heroes and whatever triggers this atrocious code snip to hunt those poor buggers out of the pubs,
- even after spending the evening trying to circumvent such undue behavior on part of the code.
A manageable workaround would be nice.
Anyone found something?

After some testing and further "investigation",
a) talking to the heroes seems to mitigate the de-spawn of them,
- though spending the first month rushing through the pubs of fair calradia, talking to random heroes and marking them in the encyclopedia to track your progress ain't a ton of fun;
b) every now and then some kind of repopulation-agent? [got no freaking clue about the evil machinations of these pesky machine-spirits] generates new heroes around the start of each season OR existing heroes reemerge, so sandboxing around without special/essential wanderers (the quest-related folks) should be possible,
- but seriously foils any party-role management, should RNGsus decide to let you down. This particular procedure or function is a fickle maiden;
c) still can't get my head around the phasing heroes and whatever triggers this atrocious code snip to hunt those poor buggers out of the pubs,
- even after spending the evening trying to circumvent such undue behavior on part of the code.
A manageable workaround would be nice.
Anyone found something?
Seems completely random to me. In one game, it takes only 14 days to almost wipe all the wanderers to me, leaving only a spice vendor left (obviously never met so you cant really recruit her lol). Funny thing: ive tried doing nothing, just waiting on a city for like 30 days to trigger something, and it seems fine, no one was missing. Maybe there is something in the code when ai decide to spawn a specific wanderer in an specific city, but just decides to delete it.

Seems completely random to me. In one game, it takes only 14 days to almost wipe all the wanderers to me, leaving only a spice vendor left (obviously never met so you cant really recruit her lol). Funny thing: ive tried doing nothing, just waiting on a city for like 30 days to trigger something, and it seems fine, no one was missing. Maybe there is something in the code when ai decide to spawn a specific wanderer in an specific city, but just decides to delete it.

Maybe they end up killed in tournaments, lol.

That's rather unlikely since
- i tested it with different campaigns and, with or without birth and death enabled, the vanish,
- even dead characters have their own epitaph in the encyclopedia,
- tournaments are held with blunt weapons, it's virtually impossible to die in a tournament. Did you ever witness someone die in the ring? ( I know it's ridiculous that a blunt force trauma to the noggin won't kill you with enough speed, a shattered rib cage in those times would kill you for certain and having multiple javelins protrude from your back should incapacitate you, buuut, for the game-play its essential :wink: )

EDIT: corrected bad choosing of words

It's also unlikely as one test is to take a 1.5.7 save, load into 1.5.8, save and reload - all with no passage of time - and a third/half the wanderers disappear instantly.

It's also unlikely as one test is to take a 1.5.7 save, load into 1.5.8, save and reload - all with no passage of time - and a third/half the wanderers disappear instantly.
Is it possible that the issue is related when loading the main campaign map? .maybe they start to dissapear after every tournament/trade because of loading again the map, just like is happening with the other bug which start to fail loading the image of items/characters, etc.

Is it possible that the issue is related when loading the main campaign map? .maybe they start to dissapear after every tournament/trade because of loading again the map, just like is happening with the other bug which start to fail loading the image of items/characters, etc.
I don't think it has anything to do with tournaments/trade (because it also affects Arzagos and Istiana, who don't do anything). I suspect that their current location isn't being stamped (correctly) into a save file, so when it's reloaded they 'disappear'. Anyway, doesn't appear to have made it into today's hotfix...

I don't think it has anything to do with tournaments/trade (because it also affects Arzagos and Istiana, who don't do anything). I suspect that their current location isn't being stamped (correctly) into a save file, so when it's reloaded they 'disappear'. Anyway, doesn't appear to have made it into today's hotfix...
Which I'm really bummed about TBH

I have same issue "mission meet with arzagos" he does not appear. The encyclopedia states hes not been seen. I cant finish the mission tree as he isn't there. This is from a fresh campaign in the new Beta.

I have same issue "mission meet with arzagos" he does not appear. The encyclopedia states hes not been seen. I cant finish the mission tree as he isn't there. This is from a fresh campaign in the new Beta.
The update is in progress, hopefully they will release a patch soon along with a graphics patch from items not loading in shops.

I mean atleast they have dealt with the important bugs, like siege crashes........ LUL been almost 2 weeks and the game is unplayable but hey who needs the main story quest givers or Companions.. Maybe they will add them back as DLC when the game Releases...... who knows haHAA

I mean atleast they have dealt with the important bugs, like siege crashes........ LUL been almost 2 weeks and the game is unplayable but hey who needs the main story quest givers or Companions.. Maybe they will add them back as DLC when the game Releases...... who knows haHAA
Lol I since a lot of frustration. Honestly I feel that though.

Instead of having op stats to wanderers, what about a specific loyalty meter with your companions which ends with a special quest related to their role (spicevendor, the red, of the hills, etc), and then giving them a skill boost reward where you can choose which path you can specialize them?
Mass effect style.
Meanwhile im ok by just fixing this cursed bug! im having holidays from work and i want badly to play this game!

Instead of having op stats to wanderers, what about a specific loyalty meter with your companions which ends with a special quest related to their role (spicevendor, the red, of the hills, etc), and then giving them a skill boost reward where you can choose which path you can specialize them?
Mass effect style.
Meanwhile im ok by just fixing this cursed bug! im having holidays from work and i want badly to play this game!

Mass effect style.

Uh, isn't wanderers generated randomized over time? Where in Mass Effect you got unique characters. Not copy of a copy of a copy. Having better and more "OP" wanderers come available over time, would just reflect you become more notorious and more experienced people willing to follow you.

Any more news on this, as not any notice about any fix in last fix. Dread the need to start a new campaign to fix it..

Not mentioned in today's hotfix. But there's another bug I reported a while ago (1.5.7, think also in 1.5.:cool: that was marked 'done' and isn't mentioned either; not updated yet.

Back
Top Bottom