Preventive Medicine perk is broken and nearly acts like a cheat heal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Preventive Medicine is a broken perk. It heals 30% of total health after every win no matter what.

For example: Have 1% health and simulate battle and then win. You'll come out with 31% health.
Go into another battle against 5 looters and win. You'll come out with 61% health

This makes it possible to magically heal to full health just by quickly fighting small looter bands.

The perk description suggests that the intention is to heal only 30% of the health you lose in each battle - as it is in Warband.

Definitely not 100% working.

i think it's intended. the perks have to have a big impact on the game or there's no reason to get them. self-medication is more OP by the way. has you running at mach 1 when your athletics is like 100

Yeah, I think this should be set to only do it when you're below 30%, or maybe make 30% the minimum. Essentially if you fall in battle, you come out at 30%, a quick recovery but still affected and needing to heal like you're only mortal.

30% healing with every battle seems a bit ridiculous. If that's intended, it needs to be rethought.

Snitches!
Also it does do exactly as it says in it's description, it doesn't say "in this battle"
it says "Character heals 30% of lost health points after each battle."
It's a diminishing effect too, not 30% of max after each battle.

Last edited:
i think it's intended. the perks have to have a big impact on the game or there's no reason to get them. self-medication is more OP by the way. has you running at mach 1 when your athletics is like 100
I think I must come from a less-popular opinion that single player is already too easy! They should fix both of these things.

Yeah, I think this should be set to only do it when you're below 30%, or maybe make 30% the minimum. Essentially if you fall in battle, you come out at 30%, a quick recovery but still affected and needing to heal like you're only mortal.

30% healing with every battle seems a bit ridiculous. If that's intended, it needs to be rethought.
That's what I'm thinking. - I'm sure it is not intended to act like a super power!
Snitches!
Lol someone's got to do it! As far as I am aware this game isn't a fantasy role playing game (Though, blocking arrows with a sword suggests otherwise)... But magically healing big chunks of health doesn't seem to fit in with the theme of the game.

People who think SP is too easy need to try it with maxed out difficulty options. I play both ways, and max difficulty is intense. My playthrough that way in 1.5.7 had me actually lose a troop and even die myself to the three raiding parties you have to deal with in the tutorial -- first time for everything. :razz:

People who think SP is too easy need to try it with maxed out difficulty options. I play both ways, and max difficulty is intense. My playthrough that way in 1.5.7 had me actually lose a troop and even die myself to the three raiding parties you have to deal with in the tutorial -- first time for everything. :razz:

I play on max difficulty! It's a great time (And yes, I get taken prisoner quite a few times when starting out. - It forces you to focus on different skills, and play more cautiously which I enjoy).

I'm looking forward to Prophesy of Pendor or a Viking conquest mod/expansion kicking my ass!

It becomes too easy once you get a few perks and some decent armour. (Especially with perks which super-heal you like this one! :razz: )

i find all the easier difficulty does is let you get away with not blocking/ dodging. if you were good at blocking in easy its the same. when you get surrounded or something difficulty is moot

hahaha I know. I guess it's a bloody feature then!?

Being able to insta heal from 1% to 31%... Consider muh immersion forever tarnished!

Of course it's a feature.

The alternative perk gives 3% speed boost in battles... which combined with my 278 Athletics would finally enable me to chase down war horses on foot in battle.

For perks to have any meaning, or for the player to give a $#@ about working towards a perk, the perks need to provide a real, oserveable, immediate benefit.

What would you prefer the healing perk to do? Give you 10% off of your health insurance co-pay and cut wait times for doctor appointments down to 10 days?

:/

What would you prefer the healing perk to do? Give you 10% off of your health insurance co-pay and cut wait times for doctor appointments down to 10 days?
Just to heal 30% of the health you lost in that battle. It works this way in Warband and it's perfectly balanced. (And makes more sense: A good surgeon/doctor can stitch up wounds etc.)... Now it is literally just a super power lol.

For perks to have any meaning, or for the player to give a $#@ about working towards a perk, the perks need to provide a real, oserveable, immediate benefit.
It just means that Bannerlord has turned away from being a medieval simulator rpg game and is now a fantasy medieval rpg game. Which is fine. That is obviously a design choice that the leadership wanted to go with.

Mods will eventually give players a more challenging experience, I am sure!

Just to heal 30% of the health you lost in that battle. It works this way in Warband and it's perfectly balanced. (And makes more sense: A good surgeon/doctor can stitch up wounds etc.)... Now it is literally just a super power lol.

It just means that Bannerlord has turned away from being a medieval simulator rpg game and is now a fantasy medieval rpg game. Which is fine. That is obviously a design choice that the leadership wanted to go with.

Mods will eventually give players a more challenging experience, I am sure!
Yeah I'm making you a mod right now, it's called "Don't get the perk then", it's already installed no DL required :razz:

Yeah I'm making you a mod right now, it's called "Don't get the perk then", it's already installed no DL required :razz:
: ) Plus considering how many medicine perks you'll get with the way it levels they might as well make the few that are actually obtainable awesome to make up for all the others that will never be achieved.

The perk is really stupid and unbalanced. I think the guy talking about how it needs to be compared to its alternate perk allowing you to chase down warhorses was being sarcastic, or at least that he should be sarcastic. :razz:

Honestly, if this is a feature then I am really disappointed in Taleworlds and that's a hit to my confidence in their development. It makes literally no sense and is not fun.

The perk is really stupid and unbalanced. I think the guy talking about how it needs to be compared to its alternate perk allowing you to chase down warhorses was being sarcastic, or at least that he should be sarcastic. :razz:

Honestly, if this is a feature then I am really disappointed in Taleworlds and that's a hit to my confidence in their development. It makes literally no sense and is not fun.
The idea of it, at least, is intended. It is one of the re-worked perks they added in, probably due to all the complaints about "too wounded to fight" that cropped up. I do recall dev mentioning off-hand they understood the frustration with the wounded restriction so I assume they allowed players to effectively opt-out of that mechanic by way of a very easily reached perk.

The idea of it, at least, is intended. It is one of the re-worked perks they added in, probably due to all the complaints about "too wounded to fight" that cropped up. I do recall dev mentioning off-hand they understood the frustration with the wounded restriction so I assume they allowed players to effectively opt-out of that mechanic by way of a very easily reached perk.
If so, that's really unfortunate.

I don't appreciate that one of the perks I am supposed to work so hard to attain is simply there for what those whiners should install mods for. :razz:

Definitely, by using the perk system in this way it just denies the player better options. Also, this would resolve that problem if it just made 30% the minimum health once the player returns from the battle.

Finally, can we presume the AI will be using this nonsense, too?

Finally, can we presume the AI will be using this nonsense, too?
Does it matter?

If you fight them, the odds of the AI engaging in follow-up fights with the player is basically zero. Probably 97% of the time they get beaten and captured, so their health percentage is irrelevant. In the rare case they win, the AI takes the player captive and their status doesn't matter. AI-led armies rarely chain battles together. They essentially never do so while the player is serving in them (autocalc allows the occasional escape, but in missions two armies fight to destruction) so you're hard-pressed to see if any individual lord is on the field or not. Finally, whether they are up or not isn't particularly noticeable or decisive for any reason. The bonuses they grant are haphazard at best (party leaders don't lead formations unless in an army + random perk selection + random selection of formation to lead) and even if the stars aligned to get a great infantry captain actually leading the infantry formation, odds are they will go down in the first two minutes due to being mounted.

It is the sort of thing you'd only notice if you were in cheat mode and stalking a certain lord via the dev console.

Back
Top Bottom