Quests are for early game only so there should be less focus on it

There are more than enough quests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

it's always amazed me that quests do not lead to great rewards of money or weapons or armour. I mean, isn't that the whole point of a fantasy medieval quest? No what do we get, some RAW MEAT!

Is it this hard to make something compelling? Do this hard quest, get a cool shiny sword! Rescue a princess, get married. I dunno, there;s plenty of better ways to do quests. Whoever comes up with this sheep herding stuff must have the lamest imagination ever.
It is Armagan's quest from the original Mount and Blade...

I think it's a bit of a chicken/egg-problem: At the moment, you do quests in early game, and in late game, you have constant wars and no time for quests. However, I think the constant wars in late game are a bit monotonous (there's a separate thread on that topic) and hope there'll be some interspersed periods of peace in the future, but this requires more stuff to do in peacetime, and this includes quests. Also, I appreciate some more quest variety - after doing lots of consecutive caravan ambush quests, I wondered why the bandits still fall for it.

In the long run, as some others pointed out, it would be great if quests became more sophisticated. So far, they are pretty detached from what happens in the world. It would be great to have quests that appear in response to events in the game world (war/peace/raids, birth/marriage/death of a noble, kingom policies, economic conditions...). This would make the moving pieces of Calradia look more interconnected and increase immersion.

So far, they are pretty detached from what happens in the world. It would be great to have quests that appear in response to events in the game world (war/peace/raids, birth/marriage/death of a noble, kingom policies, economic conditions...).
This is the way quests are generated already, albeit not kingdom policies, marriage or death. But stuff like Deliver Herd pops in response to bandit attacks on village parties, Lord Needs a Tutor popped in response to a young noble coming of age, Gang Moving In is the result of one gang encroaching on another's territory, etc.

I agree they need to make more quests and have them be way more visible but the primary method of raising visibility has been tanking the prosperity/hearths of a settlement...

It would be great to have quests that appear in response to events in the game world (war/peace/raids, birth/marriage/death of a noble, kingom policies, economic conditions...). This would make the moving pieces of Calradia look more interconnected and increase immersion.
I really like this.

I agree they need to make more quests and have them be way more visible but the primary method of raising visibility has been tanking the prosperity/hearths of a settlement...
That's something I feel complicated over. Definitely, it seems like some quests remaining undone shouldn't so dramatically affect a town's prosperity, if even at all. On the other hand, it provides an interesting dynamic for the player to decide between -- either going off to war, or taking care of their subjects' needs at home.

I'd like to see a little fine-tuning, such as maybe quests end up impacting prosperity after a certain number of days. For example, a village running out of seed-grain might affect prosperity within a day or two, while the headman having lost while gambling might affect prosperity after a couple weeks of simmering and deciding to squabble over the loss with people in town.

I sort of agree with the OP but not entirely. While it's true we pretty much have enough early-game quests, I'd like to see more mid to late-game quests focusing around politics and denouncing your political enemies (something which was in Warband), or plotting against the ruler of the faction (something which was mentioned in the dev blogs).

I'd also like to see a generic set of mini-quests in towns/villages, to give the player a reason to physically explore those scenes, if they want to.
There is nothing immersive about grinding things.

Because after your first or second playthrough, that's what it all boils down to, grinding. The breath of freshness is already gone, and you want to be on your way to leading armies and spanking kings. Dragging out the early game only benefits new players, while everyone else has to slog through it.

Bannerlord as a game is way too barren and thin on interesting choices to be called immersive, it is a linear road to more troops, more money, bigger numbers. Making this road longer does not really benefit anyone, if it boils down to repeating the same things more times.
Well put! All these things should be thought about in the context of making the game more immersive, replayable, challenging, rewarding, and FUN. Not just grindy for the sake of making the game longer.

Generally I want to see more diverse quests.

- some quests need to scale (larger amount of enemies but also bigger reward for example)
- some quests should only be available in certain situations, either events in the world or based on your clan level / being a king / etc.
- maybe try to come up with a few unique quests for your companions which you can only do once (could be a short questline)
- add some quests to the whole marriage thing

Need to have village quests that will give Engineering XP and other ones that give Medicine XP.

Save a sick cow, cure a lame horse, etc. Random chance, you get XP for it.

Raise a barn, build a fence. Random chance to succeed, but get XP for it.

Need to have village quests that will give Engineering XP and other ones that give Medicine XP.
This.

I've wondered why there aren't more small quests around villages where the character can be pressed to use more non-combat skills like Engineering. I'd like to see a quest like this where a village needs something built, and also needs the character to source the materials as well. So tools and hardwood, maybe some silver for an ornate finish, that sort of thing. It could be meant as a gift from a village headman to their lord.

I'd love missions like this in the early-game, especially. One of my favourite early-game playthroughs was where I just adopted a home village and helped out in the surrounding area, humbly avoiding lords and all that other stuff until I made a name for myself. Quests like this could really open up the game and make playing styles feel more expansive.

Back
Top Bottom