A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Users who are viewing this thread

Businesses scale back announced expected features so that it is harder to hold them to account if they can't deliver them.

It's standard practice in PR.
İ know that but you know they don't give any information about the easiest feature like dialogs and such.

It's not being stubborn. They. simply. don't. care. Try to get used to this - otherwise, you will just get sad or mad.
I dont know about you but they still couldn't manage to kill my hope. Let us see if they will manage to do that in the upcoming months

İ know that but you know they don't give any information about the easiest feature like dialogs and such.

This indicates that they're not settled on many features. Or they don't know if they can do them, or even should.

They'll announce big picture things and broad themes and ideas. Not specific items in a agile project environment.

Just tell us every feature you're going to implement instead of posting one video every month about new features coming in the next 2 patches or so. Is this Minecraft? are you planning to make full time early acces game Taleworlds?

If you think communication with us is bad, you should see the state of the studio internally. Expecting a coherent message from the developers is kind of impossible when the developers wont even talk to each other about what they're doing.

I can add a few more

They were planning to add random item trading bans by some factions so that you could smuggle those items and sell with great profit with taking risk of impacting your "criminal rating" (Yes criminal rating, that thing which doesn't do anything in the game)
XML:
<string id="str_add_contraband_news" text="{=!}Trading of {ITEM} is forbidden {FACTION_NAME_1}." />

About tournaments, I can give more insight.
- They were planning to have horse racing in the city. You can still find traces of that in the code.
- They were also planning to add jousting - like in medieval times where you do couched lancing to each other from the opposite direction.
- They were planning to add archery competition where you have to shoot terracotta pots with other competitors. First one that finishes gets the score and so on.

They were planning to add sneaking missions - where you use grapple hooks to infiltrate compounds.
C#:
game_menu_castle_town_sneak_grappling_hook_on_consequence
InformationManager.AddQuickInformation(new TextObject("{=!}TODO You have not any grappling hook!",...

Camping. Yeah, just camping. They were planning to have camping option like we had in Warband.

By the way, all these can still be added. But based on their "priority" statement - it is very unlikely. Some of them are probably WIP but things like tournaments are tested and removed from the game. Such things have very low possibility to readded into the game.
My god all that sounds amazing, now I'm gonna go sulk. :cry:

Some of that content is not worth rescuing and Taleworlds dropped it for some good reason, not for lack of time.
If I had to choose between spending my time polishing old brainfarts and creating new content that I feel is missing regardless of what's in the files, I know what I'll do and so do you.

Some of that content is not worth rescuing and Taleworlds dropped it for some good reason, not for lack of time.
If I had to choose between spending my time polishing old brainfarts and creating new content that I feel is missing regardless of what's in the files, I know what I'll do and so do you.
Where's the new content?

Where's the new content?
Soon?
I was taking a modder viewpoint - should I spend time rescuing discarded TW ideas or work on something that improves BL?
Some people expect that a few hacks would liberate cut content and get you a free feature, but it's usually either a poor feature or requires plenty of additional work.

Last edited:
Soon?
I was taking a modder viewpoint - should I spend time rescuing discarded TW ideas or work on something that improves BL?
Some people expect that a few hacks would liberate cut content and get you a free feature, but it's usually either a poor feature or requires plenty of additional work.
I wasn't complaining about modders, just the studio

This is so disappointing tbh. I wouldent mind a few years more of early acces just to give TW the chance to try and implement alot of theses features.

This is so disappointing tbh. I wouldent mind a few years more of early acces just to give TW the chance to try and implement alot of theses features.
But they do have more time, they haven't told us their release date yet.
Paradoxically, the sooner the game is out of their hands, the faster you'll get it "completed" by modders.

But they do have more time, they haven't told us their release date yet.
Paradoxically, the sooner the game is out of their hands, the faster you'll get it "completed" by modders.
I get what you're saying but sadly this is not completely true.
Modders cant fix many of game flaws if they are inherently tied to borked code or the like, or for that matter implement new engine critical feautures. They can only enhance or change whats already there to begin with, or add to the framework.

Dont get me wrong modders will undoubtedly be able to take Bannerlord to new heights, however the better framework/core feauters implemented by TW before release, the more potential for interesting and deep modding down the line.

To quote Philozoraptor from this thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...en-to-me-watch-my-eyes-dont-look-away.439278/

"Another way to fix the siege towers (this is message for any dev reading this) is by:
A: put the right and left ladder as far from the middle one as possible, not right next to it, they cause interference in AI pathfinding.
B: make 3 waiting queues per siege tower instead of one. Each queue for each ladder.
C: use the more sofisticated and better functioning code from the simple ladders for the tower ladders too (we are already doing this in RBM)
D: force the bots to always climb up no matter what, ban them from climbing down

All of these things should help with the siege tower AI (sadly most of them are out of our reach as modders)."

Last edited:
Like Taleworlds give a damn :smile: They are focused on average joe that enjoys playing casual games for a few hours at best.
Taleworlds that made Warband and this Taleworlds have nothing in common in terms of future goals.

Yeah this is the problem. These are not "feature". You can't make a car then announce that you will make a better car and then after 10 years expect people to clap with tears because you managed to add 4 wheels. People would say "What the hell, how come this is a step forward?"
But for some strange reason - there are some clappers in the forum who are crying in tears (not you) because Taleworlds is planning to add thing they added 10 years ago.
giphy.gif

I even felt the shockwave of the slap you gave them here, it shook the chair I'm sitting in :iamamoron: .

I have highlighted this comment of yours, however I fully agree with the others as well. I hold Duh in high regard and I truly don't know if he wrote the thread himself; however the content of it was a full-blown wtf (reminded me of this parody of yours inside the spoiler) and highlights the uncertain direction in which this ship called Bannerlord has set its course.

I also don´t blame any dev! They are not the ones who made the decisions which features gets cut or added.

They can just do what they are asked to do from their bosses.

I get what you're saying but sadly this is not completely true.
Modders cant fix many of game flaws if they are inherently tied to borked code or the like, or for that matter implement new engine critical feautures. They can only enhance or change whats already there to begin with, or add to the framework.

Dont get me wrong modders will undoubtedly be able to take Bannerlord to new heights, however the better framework/core feauters implemented by TW before release, the more potential for interesting and deep modding down the line.
Yes, the engine-side problems need to be fixed by the devs or at least exposed to modders. But Taleworlds is also doing or should be doing a lot of scripting work and troop/item balancing, which is nice, but can be better done by modders (and sometimes already is).
Taleworlds are not very efficient, nor are they in touch with what players want compared to the better modders. They actually never were very good at this even in the Warband days. Pre-Warband mods invented many new features that were loved by the players, but TW chose to implement only a few, like player kingdom, largely oblivious to what made mods successful. They could have never created something inventive and feature-rich like VC.
I don't know why this is so, but I would speculate modders are much more motivated and have actually played the game a lot, while for most TW devs it's a job, they get their tasks and then they work on them because they are paid to do so - by this point they hate the game so much, they will never, ever play it.
Also, those TW employees responsible for design have their own ideas about what the game should look like and play, and seem to be disconnected from the reality of player feedback or they really, really like their own ideas even if they are failing the player test. In contrast, modders sometimes check daily for player feedback and are more willing to change their designs if they don't work.
So TW should prioritize engine fixes and modding support and spend less time on game mechanics which they can't hope to get right.

Kind of semi off-topic, but what's up with TW announcing new music like that's some great feat when they licensed most of it? I keep getting guild 2 flashbacks playing Bannerlord due to them using the same.
And wasn't the first ever devblog about making their own music?

Yes, the engine-side problems need to be fixed by the devs or at least exposed to modders. But Taleworlds is also doing or should be doing a lot of scripting work and troop/item balancing, which is nice, but can be better done by modders (and sometimes already is).
Ah yes, I remember when some factions archers had a high 1 handed skill instead of bow skill, just took them 3 months to "fix" this. Modders needed 1 week.

And that´s just number change in some XML files if I´m not wrong.

Kind of semi off-topic, but what's up with TW announcing new music like that's some great feat when they licensed most of it? I keep getting guild 2 flashbacks playing Bannerlord due to them using the same.
And wasn't the first ever devblog about making their own music?
That´s the best they can do I guess. It´s like they think this is awesome and a lot of players wants better music/sound while most players just want a working game (AI!!!). They just don´t care what is important. They want to sell this game, you can´t see the non working siege AI in their promo videos.

They are also working hard on the console port, in trailers and advertises you won´t see the broken siege AI but you´ll hear the music :wink:

They don´t care much about players who bought Warband and love the game, they want their game to become CoD medieval. They had a lot of PC sales and are aware they won´t get much more, so go for the console crowd.

There is nothing we can do to change their minds, just keep it in mind when they release their next game. You can only "vote" with your wallet and I guess everyone in this forum already bought the game, so they don´t care. They already have our money, now they want the console players money. So the console port is their only focus.

In other words, we paid for the console port with this EA mess.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom